BM Hunter and Arch-Suppressor Laguas on floor 18

So how many of you BM guys have been able to kill him?

I'm ilvl 210 and only on layer 4 TC and got him as floor 18 boss, no problems with normal Torghast lvl 8 or anything up to this guy, I mean he chain casts 90k soulbolts, 2-shotting my pet and then killing me with 2 casts while trying to res pet. I have 2 interrupts, one on 24 secs and one on 1-minute. I have the misdirect 90% dmg debuff but it only lasts 8 secs, that still leaves 22 secs for him to absolutely murder my pet and then me. I really dont feel like wasting 90 mins-2 hours on TC runs, just to get this guy as an end boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppes View Post

I'm ilvl 210 and only on layer 4 TC and got him as floor 18 boss, no problems with normal Torghast lvl 8 or anything up to this guy, I mean he chain casts 90k soulbolts, 2-shotting my pet and then killing me with 2 casts while trying to res pet. I have 2 interrupts, one on 24 secs and one on 1-minute. I have the misdirect 90% dmg debuff but it only lasts 8 secs, that still leaves 22 secs for him to absolutely murder my pet and then me. I really dont feel like wasting 90 mins-2 hours on TC runs, just to get this guy as an end boss.
    BM is just bad. I'm going to give you a frame of reference. I just (10mins ago) finished the layer 8 floor 18 end boss as Marksmanship. I was bursting for 1.2m DPS with 96 anima powers. I recommend a respec instead of whining here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried as MM solo once, got a boss that did constant dmg, couldn't kill it before it killed me, decided to just go the group route from then on and completed all 8 floors in 2 days.

Go as a group, nothing's a challenge then, especially the bosses with one exception- the boss that puts up a thorns shield that damages the group when the shield is up, fuck that guy.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    BM is just bad. I'm going to give you a frame of reference. I just (10mins ago) finished the layer 8 floor 18 end boss as Marksmanship. I was bursting for 1.2m DPS with 96 anima powers. I recommend a respec instead of whining here.
    I was asking for advice on how other BM hunters have managed it, but thank you for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    instead of whining here.
    You think ts is whining.....

You need to get a better grasp of the English language.

To me it looks like ts is just asking for strats/tips on this particular boss.

I got to layer 6 and then grouped the last 2 floors, much easier.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    One of the "big" things you're not mentioning is Freezing Trap. Just use it as either a pseudo-interrupt or to help you get some cooldowns back.

The 3rd, 9th, and 15th floor all have a hologram of the upcoming boss. If it’s one of the casters being shown for floor 18, just quit the run and restart. The only time I’ve ever killed a caster boss was because I had 3xBlood Leach AP (the one for high chance to heal you and your pet), a Spectral Oats (2% health every second when running), Blade of the Lifetaker (huge 10% health heal that procs a lot), a lot of health thru Obleron Health and Mawrat 2% increase in health. Everything else was damage increases.
    I did this as MM, but the principle is the same. Without the correct APs you’re screwed. You’re double screwed if you have a caster without the correct APs. I had to run layer 8 about 4 times before I had the correct combination of powers and an easy boss.

A little PSA: the Abom boss that drops slime patches is one of the easiest bosses with a constant slow. Trap builds: 3 x Tar Trap slows with 100% increased radius (damage increase in trap usage is a plus with this) and no physical boss will touch you. Just make sure to turn off the pet taunt so it won’t kill it. The issue with the Abom boss is you need to stop attacking when it puts up the shield, so pull off pets and don’t have the slime trinket on. I lost to this boss b/c they would proc and keep spitting on his shield causing the AoE to go out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best strategy for me was stacking %dmg increase, possiblly Tar Embers, and the Intimidation 100% damage increase to double your burst for a couple seconds. Everything that can give you an advantage on the long time. Chelonian Crest also has merit as a failsafe button if things get especially bad. I would use a Spirit Beast for the healing effect over time, if you didn't pick any heal-stifling effects.

Do not pick roots. It is nice to be at full health but sometimes you need mobility, and if you pick roots not even Disengage can take you out of your spot.

Forsworn Feather is also nice but it has a niche use. You can kite the boss for a bit if needed but their stack will eventually outmatch you.

I will conclude by saying that you should just not be BM. It is a very strong spec for normal Torghast with 6 layers, but it falls off terribly in Twisting (and in any other piece of content). Just give MM a try and see how it feels, also bring a wolf pet for Hero and a turtle/bear for tanking.

Remember that you can use freezing trap as an interrupt too. Also look for Bloodgorged Leech anima power; the heal will rez your pet for you if it dies
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What does his arena look like.
    Does it have stairs?
    Just out of sight every cast and use the 95% slow trap.
    Should work right? At least if you can kill him somewhat quickly before he gets to you with 5% movementspeed (which basically means it is not moving at all)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-31 at 05:01 PM.

I killed my layer 8 boss by just having stacks of the Turtle anima power where it doesn’t pacify you and I had turtle up for like 2 minutes and could just burst the boy. But as someone above has stated Freezing trap can be used as a pseudo interrupt to give you some breathing room, as well as bloodgorged leach being a great power for healing

sadly agree doing solo as bm endless corridors is a pain i got sec one floor 14 or around (2h) picked upp all power cleared all floors) when the boss one shotted mine pet. Best way to do as bm to join dps class and stack misdirection buff. The 1first 18 floor did whit mm friend he one shooted all bosses basickly me doing 40k he doin millions lol. Bm friend of ine did same taktik whit furry warr cleared all 8 x18 floors layers .We are as bm working as buff extra

15+ Year Old Account
    I've found BM working well, as long as I get a few tar trap extra stick powers and the increased sized. for bosses, take off growl and keep the boss in the tar, they never hit you. for casters we have 3 interrupts with counter, intimidation and freeze trap.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.