Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Big true. It was a little fairy that told people to choose the best performance cov. Correlation? Ignoring facts? Hell yeah, I'm in.
    So there is no other reason people could have choose that cov?


    *mind blown*
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Big true. It was a little fairy that told people to choose the best performance cov. Correlation? Ignoring facts? Hell yeah, I'm in.
    Do you genuinely, in real life, in the real world, as a human being with some sort of functioning brain, think that every Druid that picked Night Fae did so because of performance and not because players who play Druid might be attracted to the most Druid-like covenant?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  3. #243
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Can someone explain to me how any of this is any problem whatsoever.
    It's not. People on this site just enjoy whining about everything.
    Hi

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So there is no other reason people could have choose that cov?


    *mind blown*
    Yes the "other reason" just happened to be the best performing one. Happens you are right. Definitely coincidence. I mean once a year someone wins the lottery.

  5. #245
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,825
    I can't recall anyone saying only the top 1% WOULD choose covenants based on performance.
    I recall a lot of people saying that nobody that's NOT part of the 1%, should feel pressured to pick based on performance.

    Small difference. But people gon' do what they want.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Current count of Full/High pop WoW servers: 85 in EU alone. That's an increase from the last count.

  6. #246
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well that's clearly not true. We can already see from the numbers, that most players clearly are picking covenants based on what performs best in raids and dungeons.

    As an example, the vast majority of Rogue players are either Night Fae or Kyrian. And if you for some reason think that Rogues like to be fairies or ascended angle-creatures then you're absolutely delusional.

    People are in general abusing the 99% vs 1% "argument" to create pictures of WoW which are clearly not true. WoW consists of many many different groups of players and most of them care about performance to some degree. The statistics clearly show this.
    This would be awesome if you could provide statistics.

    Here...I will link you one: https://www.wowhead.com/news=319716/...-i#wowranks-io

    Just doesn't tell you WHY people picked the covenant.

    I am a Prot Paladin in Kyrian, PURELY for aesthetics when this forum was telling me during alpha and beta that EVERYONE will pick Venthyr because of some OP ability.

    But Kyrian..as boring as they are - are also IMHO the nicest transmog for Paladins, especially BE, of which the Horde has TONS.

    Who doesn't like wings?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    It's not. People on this site just enjoy whining about everything.
    ..and to put it in perspective: Not everyone whines. Lots of people are being called rabit fanbois for "defending" that they actually pay their 15 dollars because the like the game

    ...and yeah...at any given time..like right now...there are max 400 ppl on the forum that are members who can post in threads. https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php ...and it is the same handful that makes negative threads it seems.

  7. #247
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Big true. It was a little fairy that told people to choose the best performance cov. Correlation? Ignoring facts? Hell yeah, I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yes the "other reason" just happened to be the best performing one. Happens you are right. Definitely coincidence. I mean once a year someone wins the lottery.
    huh? You're no longer even making sense. Are you really trying to say the only 2 reasons people choose this cov was for performance?



    lmao
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you genuinely, in real life, in the real world, as a human being with some sort of functioning brain, think that every Druid that picked Night Fae did so because of performance and not because players who play Druid might be attracted to the most Druid-like covenant?
    Having to search for exceptions just prove the rule. Thanks for that anyway.

  9. #249
    Mechagnome Sagenod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well that's clearly not true. We can already see from the numbers, that most players clearly are picking covenants based on what performs best in raids and dungeons.

    As an example, the vast majority of Rogue players are either Night Fae or Kyrian. And if you for some reason think that Rogues like to be fairies or ascended angle-creatures then you're absolutely delusional.

    People are in general abusing the 99% vs 1% "argument" to create pictures of WoW which are clearly not true. WoW consists of many many different groups of players and most of them care about performance to some degree. The statistics clearly show this.
    People are choosing what's optimal perhaps instead of what's more aesthetically pleasing. So? They are enjoying the game as they see fit, if they chose a covenant that they don't think looks cool to perform better then that's their decision and it has nothing to do with you. Why are others affecting you? Make your choice and be happy with it, play the game how you want to play. I guarantee you that most players will be fine with your decision.
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)


  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you genuinely, in real life, in the real world, as a human being with some sort of functioning brain, think that every Druid that picked Night Fae did so because of performance and not because players who play Druid might be attracted to the most Druid-like covenant?
    It's funny how you guys always argue with druids and paladins, which are the massive outliers where the aligning covenant also happens to be top tier and never with the ones where the aligning ones are significantly outclassed, like warlocks. The only thing you can tell by numbers like 90% - especially in comparisons to other covenants - is that not only did the theme fit great, the performance did as well.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    it's not "Only the top 1% will pick covenants based on performance" but "Only the top 1% should pick covenants based on performance"

    however a huge amount of sub par players think that the issue with their performance is balance,and not their own skill at the game
    This.
    If people who can't even utilize their class to 80% won't be able to utilize their covenant either. After that it will be balance, luck, gear.. make an excuse! Ofc the balance is crapped up, but I don't think it's that bad. It's like most rogues being one spec more than the other type of issue rather than something critical.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    huh? You're no longer even making sense. Are you really trying to say the only 2 reasons people choose this cov was for performance?



    lmao
    I said multiple times now that you are right. People randomly ended up with the best performing cov. All had their own multitude of reasons for why they pick their cov and they all ended up with their choice that randomly was also the best performing one. This just happened. How do you not make any sense?

  13. #253
    Pandaren Monk roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well that's clearly not true. We can already see from the numbers, that most players clearly are picking covenants based on what performs best in raids and dungeons.

    As an example, the vast majority of Rogue players are either Night Fae or Kyrian. And if you for some reason think that Rogues like to be fairies or ascended angle-creatures then you're absolutely delusional.

    People are in general abusing the 99% vs 1% "argument" to create pictures of WoW which are clearly not true. WoW consists of many many different groups of players and most of them care about performance to some degree. The statistics clearly show this.
    As much as I disagree with the "follow the guide" decision-making, it's clearly what most people do.

    I think they should have expensive "ways" of obtain each covenants abilities, something like: use soul ash to enchant your weapon with the Kyrian enchant. When equipped, this weapon will allow you to use the Kyrian abilities. If they did this, people could actual choose based on lore/looks/fun.

    I posted this idea in a few placed over the past few months, but the idea didn't get much traction. oh well.

  14. #254
    other way around everyone just goes on icyveins/wowhead or similar and go with what they say. I've gone kyrian for the totem as i found it more fun, feel like I'm the only shaman in the covenant.

  15. #255
    If you were fortunate enough to have your preferred gameplay and/or "Bis" covenant align with your preferred Aesthetic then great... your "meaningful choice" wasn't really a choice and there's nothing wrong with Covenants, everyone else are just crybabies.

    If however, you were unfortunate, and your preferred Aesthetic did not align with your preferred gameplay and/or "BiS" ability, then your "meaningful choice" actually is a choice, but one of compromise.

    For me, it's been a mixed bag so far.
    RDruid (main) is Night Fae. Aesthetics suit, good healing souldbinds, and Convoke is a great healing CD. Win/Win

    RShaman also originally went NF, but I hated Fae Transfusion in group content and changed to Venthyr. Don't like the covenant Aesthetics, can't even recall what my Soulbinds do, but Chain Harvest is better gameplay and Shaman is an alt.

    HPaladin has gone Kyrian... fortunately the Aesthetic matches as Divine Toll is borderline mandatory for HPally in higher Prideful keys. I did want the NF Plate Mog however so I might swap late in the expansion to get the Mog for future use.

    Mage will be next... not sure where they'll go, but I do need a Necro to round out the 4.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can't recall anyone saying only the top 1% WOULD choose covenants based on performance.
    I recall a lot of people saying that nobody that's NOT part of the 1%, should feel pressured to pick based on performance.

    Small difference. But people gon' do what they want.
    its "moraly grey" or "using only 10% of brain" all over again, NOBODY said that, people twist and misinterpret it and then argue its not true...

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    This is confirmation bias. I chose my covenant purely on aesthetics and lore compatibility and it happened to be the top performing Covenant at launch. In beta it was simming like 3rd a week before it launched. If it gets nerfed i'll still keep the Covenant.
    Same here except one of my char is going a certain coven for a certain summon but that where it stops for me.

  18. #258
    Brewmaster Nalam the Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Hehe..
    I did it the other way around: My Prot Paladin went Necrolords and my Unholy DK went Kyrians.

    And to make things even better, my Warlock (formerly Demonology, now Affliction) went Night Dae and my main, Troll Moonkin went Venthyr.

    I'm pretty happy with my choices.
    Damn. Opposite day on your character list . Kinda reminds me of going dark side jedi in swtor

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  19. #259
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    21,250
    There is already a thread covering this exact discussion: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...will-get-worse
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •