Beaten by low levels at 60

Hey. So, a quick thread here: I just hit 60 the other day (taking the expac really slow) and I've just done my first dungeons but my dps pales in comparison to the level 52's and 54's I'm playing with. I have no idea what's going on. I expect to get a 'just play better' or 'git gud kid' replies so I just feel like I need to preface my post by saying I've raided CE and I know how to play Fury.

I did Tirna Scithe and Halls of Attonement (normal). Everyone I've played with has been in the low 50's but I'm struggling to keep up with their insane numbers. I really don't understand what's going on.

A level 54 lock did 150k damage on the last boss of tirna scithe and I did 90k. He's not even max level. I'm only ilvl 141 but he must be way lower as a level 54. Is corruption gear still working? I didn't do any Ny'alotha

Thanks...

Fresh 60 that's around 140 ilvl maybe, heroic geared player = 171
    Those 52s probably have 115-130 ilvl which means they still scale way better than you. Corruption is not working since prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Hey. So, a quick thread here: I just hit 60 the other day (taking the expac really slow) and I've just done my first dungeons but my dps pales in comparison to the level 52's and 54's I'm playing with. I have no idea what's going on. I expect to get a 'just play better' or 'git gud kid' replies so I just feel like I need to preface my post by saying I've raided CE and I know how to play Fury.

I did Tirna Scithe and Halls of Attonement (normal). Everyone I've played with has been in the low 50's but I'm struggling to keep up with their insane numbers. I really don't understand what's going on.

A level 54 lock did 150k damage on the last boss of tirna scithe and I did 90k. He's not even max level. I'm only ilvl 141 but he must be way lower as a level 54. Is corruption gear still working? I didn't do any Ny'alotha

Thanks...
    It's because of scaling and the same thing will happen to them when they hit 60. You just need gear now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

You get weaker as you level up until you get your secondary stats going at lvl 60

Scaling, it effectively works as if everyone in the group is the same level. Now imagine you were all the same level but you have greens and blues and they have epics. It's been this way for years now to allow people to play on a somewhat even playing field regardless of level in normal dungeons and timewalking.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Don't worry, when you'll start doing mythics people will still beat you, you're a warrior after all.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Don't worry, when you'll start doing mythics people will still beat you, you're a warrior after all.
    This + scaling.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day