Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you find annoying about other peoples homes?

Saw this on another forum so thought I would start it here , whether it be design , pet etc , what annoys you whenever you go to someone's else home

I would say my brother's is always too cold whenever I go over.

Animal neglect has to be chief among my peeves.

Wearing shoes inside. I know it's not my place but it still bugs me. Why track all that dirt through your own house???

10+ Year Old Account
    One friend has a ginormous black Newfoundland, and their home is spotless. I'm told they rarely have to clean. I have an English cocker spaniel, and there's fucking blonde hair everywhere, despite constant cleaning. Annoying!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I am very tidy and clean in my person and environment. I can not tolerate a dirty or messy home or person. Total deal-breaker. We will never be friends and I will not visit again. It grosses me out to point of physical revulsion.

Obnoxious smell. If you invite me over at least make sure I don't have to smell your stink. Vent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having an unclean home is really gross.

I dont like how (some) dogs tend to jump on you when you enter someone's house. You know, they put their two paws on you. I don't mind dogs, just dont like them jumping on me.

I think narrow lap siding is hideous, and it's everywhere now.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they have those "LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE" signs in their house or the other ones that have some kind of corny saying or joke on it. Ugh, makes me cringe in disgust.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    The people in them

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Obnoxious smell. If you invite me over at least make sure I don't have to smell your stink. Vent.
    How do you know? I think most homes have a weird, unique smell. Maybe mine (and yours) has one too but we're just used to it and don't notice it.

7+ Year Old Account
    An off color odor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Locks and alarm systems.
    Ayyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

People who own animals and don't clean after them.

A house with multiple cats can really smell like a shithole if the person isn't on top of that. Even worse is people who own things like lizards, snakes, or ferrets. Just nasty smells, and they are usually so used to it they don't even notice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    How do you know? I think most homes have a weird, unique smell. Maybe mine (and yours) has one too but we're just used to it and don't notice it.
    I always vent my apartment for some time before I have guests over, just to give them fresh air to breathe. Especially annoying when people have big pets like dogs. Your dogs smell like shit. Don't let my clothes smell like your dog does.

Or smokers. God do I hate to enter the homes of heavy smokers. Blergh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    And this. I'm sure not _all_ smokers are like that (I imagine it's not so bad if you clean properly, or if you just do your smoking outside), but I've never been in a smoker's house/car/office that didn't make me want to immediately go home, throw the clothes I'm wearing in the washer, and take a shower. I think they just get used to it and don't realize how disgusting it smells to nonsmokers.
    Of course they get used to it. If you live in the shitter for just some time, actually only a few hours I think are needed, you already stop to notice the smell.

When I keep my window closed in my office room and I leave it after like 6 hours for a walk or so... I immediately notice the bad air when I get back in which makes me open the window ASAP. If I had never gone out, I would not have cared a bit.

That's why farmers don't care about the smell of animal shit, etc. etc.

Doesn't make it less disgusting for those not used to those smells, and I think it's a sign of missing empathy if you aren't considerate of that when you invite people over to your place.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, maybe just how I was raised but if I'm a guest in someone's home I check my personal preferences at the door. I don't care what weird rules they have, if it's hot/cold, or anything else. It's their home. Just be gracious that they allow you in their personal space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people's entire home smells like the laundry detergent they use. Like their entire house will smell like Tide. I hate constantly smelling strong smells like that. Makes me sick.

TV high above fireplace. Who sits in the front row at the movie theater?