Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If only Krexus had the luck to be sealed in his axe instead of being killed off in 10 minutes
    Krexus was a margrave, which is quite a few many steps down from being an Eternal One like Denathrius. If it was say the Primus who got sealed away then you'd be right.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Any other interesting events or lore come out of the raid?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

5+ Year Old Account
    I kind of liked that $#@hole, it's one of the best (in WoW terms, that is) villains made by Blizz. Much more interesting than Suevanas or Blue Satan, for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm glad zrali got revenge

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Done in by his own pride. Classic. Guess he and the others are known as the eternal ones for a reason. Makes me wonder where the Primus of Maldraxxus is at again. Deep in Torghast or being used as a battery by Zorvaal?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I feel like it would be off brand for Renethal to say "It will take time. Time the likes of which your kind have yet to measure." and then have him free in like 1-2 in-game years.
    Yeah but in the Shadowlands time isn't the same as when we're on our own world. Sure its a few years for us in his possible return but it could be centuries for him. I think the Jailer might spring him free if i'm honest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Done in by his own pride. Classic. Guess he and the others are known as the eternal ones for a reason. Makes me wonder where the Primus of Maldraxxus is at again. Deep in Torghast or being used as a battery by Zorvaal?
    Considering no one who recognizes Zorvaal has actually seen the Jailor or Runesmith yet, could well be a - very bad - twist finding out the Jailor is actually the Primus and Zorvaal has been imprisoned as the Runesmith. :P

(Yeah, yeah, that would be an extremely stupid twist. :P)

I feel like it would be off brand for Renethal to say "It will take time. Time the likes of which your kind have yet to measure." and then have him free in like 1-2 in-game years.
    You remember when we raided the Tomb with the Pillars of Creation and just let them here for anyone to steal ?

That's how Denathrius will re-appear

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If only Krexus had the luck to be sealed in his axe instead of being killed off in 10 minutes
    But we needed space for Draka to shine. Member Draka?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

We will see him in 9.3. 100%

Definitely glad they're not killing him off, although I do wish we'd have spent more time working *WITH* him.

I kind of wonder, with their mention of working with a naaru, if they're setting up the idea of him being brainwashed into a Light-based zealot? Kind of seems like that's the direction Blizzard has been looking at lately, where "the Light" is actually antagonistic. Which... I really, REALLY hope they don't, as FFXIV's Shadowbringers already did the same thing, and did so exceedingly well. I worry it would feel less interesting in Blizzard's hands, but given the Draenor-timeline has Y'rel and a converted Garrosh, it seems almost inevitable.

In a perfect world, though, we might see Denathrius continue operating as a morally-ambiguous sort of character. Not *quite* a villain, but also never quite "on our side". Would be cool if he taught us how to create our own sentient swords, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But we needed space for Draka to shine. Member Draka?
    Ah yes. Good ol' Draka

With her crowning achievements of pooping out Thrall and... Eh... Dying
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I really enjoyed Renethal getting to turn Denathrius' sneering speech at the close of the Revendreth questline back on him while Denathrius is captive and at his mercy at Sinfall. Nice bookends on their shared story.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Eternal Ones aren't Titans ++ If the art director Ely Cannon is to be believed:

About Winter Queen:
    Where did you get this quote from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Any other interesting events or lore come out of the raid?
    The Broker boss Artificer Xy'mox comes out of his fight alive so that could connect to future Broker zone/raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You remember when we raided the Tomb with the Pillars of Creation and just let them here for anyone to steal ?

That's how Denathrius will re-appear
    unapreciated comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    titan plus plus? lmfao
    Jailer is Titan++, not Denathrius.

Before fight

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Where did you get this quote from?
    Deep five into Ardenweald, an interview.

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/08/20/a-d...f-hibernation/

Here are the ones for other zones

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/09/24/a-deep-dive-into-maldraxxus-the-defenders-of-death/

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/07/23/a-d...e-last-chance/

https://sagamer.co.za/2020/05/28/a-d...eater-purpose/

Very interesting read.

I think in-game, canon feats of strength speak louder than developer interviews. Denathirus was taken down by 20 something mortals, there is no way the Eternal Ones are even close to Titan ++ in power. They are at the same power level of Titan Keepers at best. Titans can 1-shot entire planets, and kill Old Gods with their pinky finger. Denathrius could go toe-to-toe with Azshara, Xavius, Thorim, KJ/Archimonde but the Titans at their peak could sneeze him to death. The First Ones on the other hand seem more like the Titans of the Shadowlands while the Eternal Ones are more like Odyn and Helya who are mid-tier Gods who are fully capable of creating death realms of their own.

I think in-game, canon feats of strength speak louder than developer interviews. Denathirus was taken down by 20 something mortals, there is no way the Eternal Ones are even close to Titan ++ in power. They are at the same power level of Titan Keepers at best. Titans can 1-shot entire planets, and kill Old Gods with their pinky finger. Denathrius could go toe-to-toe with Azshara, Xavius, Thorim, KJ/Archimonde but the Titans at their peak could sneeze him to death. The First Ones on the other hand seem more like the Titans of the Shadowlands while the Eternal Ones are more like Odyn and Helya who are mid-tier Gods who are fully capable of creating death realms of their own.
    But that's what I was saying? Did you read my original post? I said the Eternal Ones aren't on the level of Titans and that interview backs that up.