Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account

Mythic+ Single target og AoE?

Hello guys,

I was wondering what damage is most important in mythics? Some specs have to talent hard into AoE to do damage thus gimping singletarget and vice verca.

So my question is, whats most important if you wanna push some higher keys?

I myself play a SP

on fortified weeks spec for AOE. If its tyranical aoe is probably still best, but you can spec into ST if your group has good aoe.

I'm frost dk. Originally specced into frost scythe and glacial advance for aoe. Does a lot of aoe dmg but both those talents aren't used at all on ST. Switched to frozen pulse and gathering storm. Both do aoe dmg, not quite as much, but also a lot more on ST. Gotra find a balance I guess

You spend a lot more time doing aoe, so typically aoe dps is more important. The only reason this wouldn't be the case is if there is priority trash or a particularly hard boss in which case you still want aoe just maybe priority-aoe like subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    Hello guys,

I was wondering what damage is most important in mythics? Some specs have to talent hard into AoE to do damage thus gimping singletarget and vice verca.

So my question is, whats most important if you wanna push some higher keys?

I myself play a SP
    In higher keys aoe is king because you spend more time kill trash than bosses. The bigger the pulls without doing the faster u go
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

I dont know how accurate it is but raidbots has a dungeon slice sim. Combines a "boss" fight, a few dif type of aoe fights, and wait times in between. I wouldn't treat it as perfect but could be useful for trying out specs and finding stat priorities

I always talent into some kind of mix of good aoe but focus slightly more in ST damage in both tyranical and fortified weeks. I feel like there are always one or two other classes with high aoe dmg in the groups of M+, and therefore ST is the way to go for me. Id rather have good aoe dmg and very good st than vice versa.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I know you can make the "perfect" setup if you are a group of friends, but when you pug its a bit more difficult.. I often get told to do more dps on thrash and then i tell them that ill be nr. 1 at the first boss, and then everything is ok again. So i havent been kicked or anything yet cause of my AoE. i am a better ST player than AoE, so its also a l2p issue for me but im practicing.