Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things about adulting that no one told you?

as in becoming an adult

that life is not as happy as you thought it would be

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of a full time job, doing all the things required to keep a household properly running and clean takes way too much time.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That life is pretty pointless, and, after childhood, there's really not much reason to bother living anymore.

What young people call cynicism - old people know to be realism.

What young people call hope - old people know to be denial.

When a young person says they plan on changing the world - old people just lol

Generally speaking - 99% of people will end their life at best in a bland, boring way, the advertised 'success' is the exception to the rule.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be in the 1%, but not getting there is to be expected.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That "being an adult" is a misnomer and grown men and women can be just as childish as children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    That life is pretty pointless, and, after childhood, there's really not much reason to bother living anymore.
    Really? I have more fun as an adult than I ever did as a child maybe you should get out more often. There are so many things that I could not do as a child mostly because of money but even so. Sure I got to work but I am self employed and I get to control that somewhat. Being an Adult is actually much better then I was told as a child it would be. However, I will admit a lot of it has to do with having the funds to be able to do the things you want to do.

Esomeprazol and Ibuprofen are your best allies.

Adulting now isn't like adulting then, they were the most spoiled generation, you cant compare yourselves to them, it's like a silver spoon compared to a spoon of broken glass.

That once you hit a certain age, literally no one gives a crap about you. Sick? Dieing? Poor? Hurt? No one cares. You're an adult and expected to handle yourself or just die in the corner so you're not annoying anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The adults don't know what they're doing. All the way up the chain. They're basically just older kids improvising as they go along. Congrats, kiddo, you're now one of them. Hope you enjoyed living, because that is no longer a thing. Now you work. That's basically it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    That people are a**holes, and if I want a job, I have to work with some people who probably won't understand my disability?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Being an adult isn't such a big change as you imagine it to be...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

you realise that adults arent infallible pillars

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you realise that adults arent infallible pillars
    Pretty much the big shock factor of my 20s is that every adult in my life was basically just winging it

That most people are stupid and entitled. You can get whatever you want as long as you know where to look for it. Happiness is a choice. With minimal effort, you can be way above average because most people are lazy.

Hmf..these days being an adult seems to omit being mature.

A lot of people are exceptionally dumb self centred sheeple that live in their own close minded bubble and generally hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    That most people are stupid and entitled. You can get whatever you want as long as you know where to look for it. Happiness is a choice. With minimal effort, you can be way above average because most people are lazy.
    Happiness is a choice? Sure, sometimes. What will lead you to happiness is not always obtainable. You can try to feign happiness, but thats just that, fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Happiness is a choice? Sure, sometimes. What will lead you to happiness is not always obtainable. You can try to feign happiness, but thats just that, fake.
    You can't control what happens to you but you can control your reaction to it. Ppl have bad days and can be going through stuff, but its ultimately your choice to pull yourself out of it. I can guarantee to anyone here thats depressed, that someone somewhere has it way worse than you but is still happy. Start taking steps today to be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You can't control what happens to you but you can control your reaction to it. Ppl have bad days and can be going through stuff, but its ultimately your choice to pull yourself out of it. I can guarantee to anyone here thats depressed, that someone somewhere has it way worse than you but is still happy. Start taking steps today to be happy.
    Hey guys. Someone tell all the doctors and scientist they got it wrong. Depression has nothing to do with chemicals in the brain. It's just a choice..... People just need to choose to be happy and they will be
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.