Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Nobody likes target bound combo points. UH should have been strike, pet or diesease based, I played every iterration and everything was better as the wound system. The forced change from WoD DA into Legions wound system was painful and not really fun nor interesting.

I agree with you about what the spec should've been, the spec was the best when it was a heavy dot spec in Throne of Thunder. I much prefer Frost to Unholy generally...but Festerblight gameplay was the most fun I've had as a DK. I wish they made Necrotic Plague a baseline thing and went the disease route

The wounds should be bound to the DK; call it pestilent empowerment and that's it. I get it, they want you to cast festering strike over scourge strike at some point, but there are better ways to encourage it than the rune system.

But really, the biggest turn off from this spec is having 13%+ of my damage tied to an 8 minute cooldown, so stupid. If the fight doesn't neatly fall into 2 AoTD uses or an extra 8 minutes for the third, the spec just plummets, and short burst phases really hurt this spec.

This was an immobile class with a backloaded burst kit and poor target switching, and they went and nerfed it while rogues have a far more flexible and applicable kit with immediate burst alongside casters, and here we are.