Death Knight DPS

Hey guys!

Took a break from WoW and making a come back on my DK. I was just wondering how frost and unholy are looking in M+s Rn? Looking for which to main!

Thanks in advance!

They both do quite well in mythic plus. Perhaps Unholy is better at AOE though. Just play what you prefer really. That's the only right answer.

Agreed, saw alot of Frosts doing not lesser DPS in M+ then me on Unholy, no idea why almost everyone think frost is outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by YourDPShelper View Post
    Agreed, saw alot of Frosts doing not lesser DPS in M+ then me on Unholy, no idea why almost everyone think frost is outsider.
    I switched to Frost (2-handed) from Unholy. I’ve played Unholy for all of BFA, but the whole build/burst isn’t my thing. I only run around 12-14 keys, so by no means a pro. But sometimes the trash just doesn’t live long enough, for unholy to shine. Just my 2 cents.

Frost is good at zugzug cleave in keys. Unholy is a bit more well rounded and requires more effort to play very well.

Unholy is uncapped AoE with huge damage every 45s, meaning you can have two big things rolling on every pack.

Frost is sadly still about trying to maintain breath, which can be pretty amazing in raids and you can do some great hard hitting single target damage but you lose ramp between mobs.

If we were at the end of expansion where you could just pull the entire dungeon with very long lasting mobs frost might shine more but then it's back to that uncapped high burst AoE of unholy.

Either way, play what you like. Everything is viable into KSM or higher if you can gear it out.

Hey! As people have already said if your not looking to min max play what you enjoy more. Personally I've always preferred unholy because thematically for me it suits better. I would say Unholy requires a bit more attention to detail to perform better but frost, especially in M+ isn't that far behind and you would be fine to play Frost to 15 even 18 keys if you have a good group.

Enjoy!

5+ Year Old Account
    Well dk is still a solid pick if you want at least 1 melee in your m+ group. Unholy is slightly better than frost at the moment. But i guess if you're doing keys in 15-20 range both will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    I switched to Frost (2-handed) from Unholy. I’ve played Unholy for all of BFA, but the whole build/burst isn’t my thing. I only run around 12-14 keys, so by no means a pro. But sometimes the trash just doesn’t live long enough, for unholy to shine. Just my 2 cents.
    I love the idea of build and burst, but UH does it so poorly. You're absolutely right about mobs not lasting long enough.

If anyone remembers RIFT, there was a spec that did 0 damage as they applied all their bomb debuffs on their target and at the click of a single button, BAM their target just got carpet bombed for an entire 30 second rotation's worth of damage in an instant. That shit was fun as hell.

Back on topic, I've been frost ever since Cata ruined DKs for good. All throughout WoW's history, frost has mostly competed well against UH to the point where it doesn't matter what you pick. They've been on par numbers wise more frequently than not.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2021-06-04 at 09:38 PM.