Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Just last expansion, Jaina was the main villian for Horde players, actively trying to kill them repeatedly. She was a raid boss that killed a "goodguy" Horde leader, defeated the Horde player, laughed at them and ran away.

Making the Horde player rescue her is almost as stupid as forcing them to use Dalaran as their capital city after the Purge.
    And horde cut through two whole zones in a murderous rampage and burned third one to ash committing a genocide and yet here we are forgiving you and shaking hands and all that. So yeah, get over it and go save Jaina because if Alliance can get over a genocide horde should get over a death of an arrogant troll king who was useless to you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Just last expansion, Jaina was the main villian for Horde players, actively trying to kill them repeatedly. She was a raid boss that killed a "goodguy" Horde leader, defeated the Horde player, laughed at them and ran away.

Making the Horde player rescue her is almost as stupid as forcing them to use Dalaran as their capital city after the Purge.
    Jaina was not a villain... villain =/= antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And horde cut through two whole zones in a murderous rampage and burned third one to ash committing a genocide and yet here we are forgiving you and shaking hands and all that. So yeah, get over it and go save Jaina because if Alliance can get over a genocide horde should get over a death of an arrogant troll king who was useless to you anyway.
    When did you see any Horde shaking hands with the Alliance? lore-wise the Horde and Alliance are still on Azeroth that is why the leaders stayed back to keep the peace i think they even tell us that just before we open the gate. So if you think they are all friends on Azeroth is not true.
    We heroes and the Ebon blade are in the shadowlands.

And Baine and Thrall both are basicly Alliance members, you cant really say that about Jaina.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-12-11 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    When did you see any Horde shaking hands with the Alliance? lore-wise the Horde and Alliance are still on Azeroth that is why the leaders stayed back to keep the peace i think they even tell us that just before we open the gate.
    We heroes and the Ebon blade are in the shadowlands.

And Baine and Thrall both are basicly Alliance members, you cant really say that about Jaina.
    Entire Alliance leadership aside from Tyrande is both hands for peace, even dark iron queen Moira. So if horde dosent do anything nobody in Alliance will. Hell, even Genn simmered down in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I think the problem is that you are expecting this MMO to have as intricate a plot as a single-player RPG. There is simply no way for an MMO to adept it's main plot to the whims of every player. Not even SWTOR manages that and it is as close to a single player RPG as an MMO can get.

This game assumes and plays out with your character being a decent person, yes there are outliers with the quests in Hillsbard and now with the Loyalists, but you still ARE the Champion of Azeroth. A hero. That is how the story will treat you, because that is how the majority of people want to be treated in a game.

And btw. My Death Knight is also constantly adressed as "mortal" by everyone in the SLs. It's weird, but simply can't be helped.

You can make your headcannon as you wish, but the game will not bend to it. If you want to control the outcome of a game you need to play one that is not played by millions of others as well. I suggest Divinity 2.
    i dont want to bend the game. if i have to be raided every expansion from alliance because muuuh torture, i will welcome, i will love that. cata forsaken was the pinnacle where i could experience both gilneas and andhoral wars. i can even lose these battle for all i care. i enjoyed darkshore, damn if that was good.
    i only want to mantain the fucking rp. blizz retcon of an entire race after 15 years of player investiment its the scummest move they could conceive.
    if they "cant" develop other forsaken questline (i doubt, everytime they try these are so good) then go tbc/pandaria/wod route and dont write anything. but dont fuck with players rp, thats the baseline for every gm (like blizz is).
    i mean, they want stuck the boring superhero fantasy? good, the big story would be a shitshow, but damn, continue to write the little gems that the forsaken quests were. im not asking anything more (ok yes, even to let me skip all druid stuff that blizz need to throw to us every single time)

cant be helped? dude, there are prompt for race and class (even if there are funny outcomes like "hi honest and proud rogue"). damn even completely custom lines for when you have played some specific segment like legion class questline. but they cant add a prompt for living/unliving? my ass....
    @VladlTutushkin
    exactly what stopped a tauren to act as an hippie? no druid canonically was responsible of anything sylvanas did (they were send in silithus), there was even the traitor questline since d1 for any honorful horde
    and punching ball? what? im not deleting your character. the fact that i was a sociopath deathstalker that plagued all azeroth didnt changed in any way your rp.
    dude you dont even know what rping is....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i dont want to bend the game. if i have to be raided every expansion from alliance because muuuh torture, i will welcome, i will love that. cata forsaken was the pinnacle where i could experience both gilneas and andhoral wars. i can even lose these battle for all i care. i enjoyed darkshore, damn if that was good.
    i only want to mantain the fucking rp. blizz retcon of an entire race after 15 years of player investiment its the scummest move they could conceive.
    if they "cant" develop other forsaken questline (i doubt, everytime they try these are so good) then go tbc/pandaria/wod route and dont write anything. but dont fuck with players rp, thats the baseline for every gm (like blizz is).
    i mean, they want stuck the boring superhero fantasy? good, the big story would be a shitshow, but damn, continue to write the little gems that the forsaken quests were. im not asking anything more (ok yes, even to let me skip all druid stuff that blizz need to throw to us every single time)

cant be helped? dude, there are prompt for race and class (even if there are funny outcomes like "hi honest and proud rogue"). damn even completely custom lines for when you have played some specific segment like legion class questline. but they cant add a prompt for living/unliving? my ass....
    @VladlTutushkin
    exactly what stopped a tauren to act as an hippie? no druid canonically was responsible of anything sylvanas did (they were send in silithus), there was even the traitor questline since d1 for any honorful horde
    and punching ball? what? im not deleting your character. the fact that i was a sociopath deathstalker that plagued all azeroth didnt changed in any way your rp.
    dude you dont even know what rping is....
    You ignoring the problem entirely it seems. Yes YOU personally cant do anything about other character. Oh and btw, neither your character was "deleted" when you gt your edge-supply cut. But Alliance was cucked, beaten bloody and denied any meaningful vengeance on the horde. Let me make it COMPLETELY simple so you understand (hopefully) - "YOU (as if, the horde, the horde story) HIT ME BAD. ME NO HIT YOU BACK BECAUSE PLOT CONVENIENCE. FORGIVE YOU LATER. ME FEEL BAD BECAUSE OF THAT. NIGHT ELVES AND ALLIANCE BECOME CUCKS. NO GOOD PLAYER EXPERIENCE."
    Now you understand? And yes, making one side a total cackling villain often leads to that. Being repeatedly bullied and then forgiving your tormentors is just disgusting. Being a "hero" means to be HEROIC, not pathetic.
    P.S.
    Forsaken are "mortal". They are undead but they can be killed and then their souls depart so they are indeed mortal. Being immortal means being unable to die, which is not true for forsaken who can be killed.
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2020-12-11 at 05:16 PM.

If the night elves have to rescue Horde scum, you have to rescue Jaina, tit for tat. We're still scraping blight off our trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You ignoring the problem entirely it seems. Yes YOU personally cant do anything about other character. Oh and btw, neither your character was "deleted" when you gt your edge-supply cut. But Alliance was cucked, beaten bloody and denied any meaningful vengeance on the horde. Let me make it COMPLETELY simple so you understand (hopefully) - "YOU (as if, the horde, the horde story) HIT ME BAD. ME NO HIT YOU BACK BECAUSE PLOT CONVENIENCE. FORGIVE YOU LATER. ME FEEL BAD BECAUSE OF THAT. NIGHT ELVES AND ALLIANCE BECOME CUCKS. NO GOOD PLAYER EXPERIENCE."
    Now you understand? And yes, making one side a total cackling villain often leads to that. Being repeatedly bullied and then forgiving your tormentors is just disgusting. Being a "hero" means to be HEROIC, not pathetic.
    P.S.
    Forsaken are "mortal". They are undead but they can be killed and then their souls depart so they are indeed mortal. Being immortal means being unable to die, which is not true for forsaken who can be killed.
    exactly, what of my speech should in any way stop an alliance retaliation? tell me.
    im not the cause of blizzard incompetence, i would vastly preferred an horde/ally raid like in zuldazar instead of eternal palace/nyalotha. with maybe real loss for both faction. thats WARcraft, forgiviness shouldnt belong in first place, in the contrary, revenge should be the fucking engine for the storytelling of this game.

PS
    i never write about mortal, but living
    learn to read, maybe that could help you to understand what rping is and to not insult other people trying to call them sadomasochist
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

There's a lot to unpack in this thread. First off, I understand how you feel having to do a quest that seems to make no sense. I felt very much that way playing through the War of Thorns. "Azerite is special and SI:7 is attacking goblin miners. Let's go kill Malfurion, who has no involvement in this!" I spent that questline wondering why I was doing any of this, but that's just the way the game is. I personally would rather make quests available to more people than fewer. My tauren will happily help Jaina because Jaina helped the tauren. My mag'har will point and laugh at her because she'll know that she only walks in Oribos because of him.

Individual characters can have their own feelings about Jaina, but from a more overarching perspective, Jaina stood beside the Horde rebels to confront Sylvanas. If they were willing to work with her then, I see no reason they wouldn't now, given that she hasn't done anything antagonistic toward the Horde between then and now. For Sylvanas loyalists, this entire expansion makes no sense.

On the topics of Jaina's actions, I don't begrudge Zandalari their resentment for Jaina leading the attack, though it was after the Horde led not one but two assaults against Kul Tiras using Zandalar as a staging ground. I think that's enough to justify an attempt to rout that staging ground. In terms of Rastakhan's death, Jaina wasn't even in the room; she was outside exchanging distant looks with Nathanos; Genn, Shaw, and the Alliance adventurers are the ones who killed him. I don't think those change how individual Zandalari may feel about Jaina, but I could also see this information tempering some Horde characters' feelings as well.

With respect to Dalaran, I think Jaina's actions were extreme, though she was apparently beyond punishment. Varian threatened to imprison her for treason for going behind his back twice with respect to the Horde (quizzically once for supporting them in helping the tauren overthrow Magatha's coup and then once for assaulting their colleagues in the Sun Reavers). She pointed out he had no authority to do such. The Council of Six sought no punishment, which to me seems telling that she acted within the bounds of their rules. Given that they prevented her from using Dalaran resources to attack the Horde after Theramore and considering they overruled her later when they opted to work with the Horde again, it seems that they would have stepped in during the Purge or at least levied punishment against Jaina had they felt her actions were unwarranted. Vol'jin himself said he held no blame against Jaina for what happened in the Purge, and considering he was Warchieft at the time he sent that missive, it's as close to a pardon as one can get in Warcraft. While she never explicitly apologized for the Purge of Dalaran, I feel like that is included in the "blood on our hands" line during the cinematic overlooking Thunder Bluff after Baine's rescue from Sylvanas, and I get the sense there that she feels regret, at the very least.

As far as one Alliance character deserving to be in hell, I would say for me that's Magni (assuming Arthas, Kael'thas, and Garithos are no longer counted as Alliance). He let the dwarves literally get away with murder throughout Kalimdor from Classic until he was mercifully removed from the story in Cata, only to come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Yeah. Baine and Thrall were never accused of treason by the High King of the Alliance, whereas Jaina was. She was also convicted of treason by Kul Tiras. She's done way more for the Horde than some--if not most--Horde leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    genns punishment for stormheim was literaly nothing, despite the fact it was technicaly war crime (atacking in time of truce), and against direct order from his king...
    sure he had reason, but so did bombing theramore or atacking teldrasil, so i guess those are fine too?
    This is pretty off topic, but where was it said that Genn was acting against direct order from his king? In the Alliance questline, Rogers tells you the "official" story was that they were going to help with the artifact hunt but there was a second goal of monitoring the Horde's activities and attacking if it was warranted. It was Rogers and Genn's call as to whether the attack was warranted, and they said it was. I don't think there's a situation where they wouldn't make that call against a Forsaken military target, given Genn and Rogers history, but it seems like Anduin should have been aware of that when giving them the task.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If the night elves have to rescue Horde scum, you have to rescue Jaina, tit for tat. We're still scraping blight off our trees.
    I'd very much prefer if none of them ever took place. I mean, Alliance rescuing Thrall and Baine is understandable, after all they are highly useful assets, especially the cow. But Hordies rescuing TeH dAuGHtEr oF TeH SEas? !@#$ it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    revenge should be the fucking engine for the storytelling of this game.
    But Danuser/Golden wants all of us to hold hands together and sing kumbaya, and follow Anduin like little Light-brainwashed drones in his upcoming galactic adventures.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-12-11 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They have Malfurion for all their leadership needs and they will be fine with that. Taking vengeance against the horde and sylvanas will serve a purpose of preventing event like Teldrassil burning happening again, by showing the price of the wanton slaughter to them, horde races have limited capacity for learning after all but they do understand simple stimulus - pain, loss, punishment or reward. You know, Pavlovian things.
    Oh, yes, jumping into that deathrift without any idea what's awaiting you on the other side and mindlessly rampaging through the realm of death sure is going to teach them. Or, for that matter, using a ritual which mostly resulted in her slowly dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    This is pretty off topic, but where was it said that Genn was acting against direct order from his king? In the Alliance questline, Rogers tells you the "official" story was that they were going to help with the artifact hunt but there was a second goal of monitoring the Horde's activities and attacking if it was warranted. It was Rogers and Genn's call as to whether the attack was warranted, and they said it was. I don't think there's a situation where they wouldn't make that call against a Forsaken military target, given Genn and Rogers history, but it seems like Anduin should have been aware of that when giving them the task.
    well pretty much they say not to attack unles the situation deems it necesary and literaly with the same breath say "i think it will be" or something like that so yes, it is against orders as they attacked without any reason whatsoever... (someone always argues that they had reason bcs of what sylva did to eyir but that happened AFTER that, and alliance had no knowledge of that plan before so...)

and sure, its anduins stupidity to put genn in lead of such mission, however that makes no difference, genn acted against direct order and commited war crime by attacking ally in time of truce without any provocation whatsoever... and its not even mentioned anywhere later, like it never happened, Jaina AT LEAST get mildly scolded for dalaran, genn got no punishment and is still in high position in alliance depsite being war criminal...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Yeah. Baine and Thrall were never accused of treason by the High King of the Alliance, whereas Jaina was. She was also convicted of treason by Kul Tiras. She's done way more for the Horde than some--if not most--Horde leaders.
    she alsoe done more AGAINST horde than most alliance leaders, like purge of dalaran or trying to level orgrimmar (i know, she didnt in the end bcs she was persuaded by kalec and thrall)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Oh, yes, jumping into that deathrift without any idea what's awaiting you on the other side and mindlessly rampaging through the realm of death sure is going to teach them. Or, for that matter, using a ritual which mostly resulted in her slowly dying.
    Sometimes you have to go ham or go home. Also, first part - kill sylvanas. Second part - kill so many horde scumdogs that they will learn a lesson. Easy as pie.

- - - Updated - - -

well pretty much they say not to attack unles the situation deems it necesary and literaly with the same breath say "i think it will be" or something like that so yes, it is against orders as they attacked without any reason whatsoever... (someone always argues that they had reason bcs of what sylva did to eyir but that happened AFTER that, and alliance had no knowledge of that plan before so...)

and sure, its anduins stupidity to put genn in lead of such mission, however that makes no difference, genn acted against direct order and commited war crime by attacking ally in time of truce without any provocation whatsoever... and its not even mentioned anywhere later, like it never happened, Jaina AT LEAST get mildly scolded for dalaran, genn got no punishment and is still in high position in alliance depsite being war criminal...

- - - Updated - - -

she alsoe done more AGAINST horde than most alliance leaders, like purge of dalaran or trying to level orgrimmar (i know, she didnt in the end bcs she was persuaded by kalec and thrall)
    "(i know, she didnt in the end bcs she was persuaded by kalec and thrall)" - thats more then any horde leader did. You know, coming to a certain point and saying "Hmmm... No, this is crazy, too far. We have to stop at some point." Nooo, they always go to the max and then cry a bit about how bad they feel that they had to slaughter all those people.

Oh, I don't think Eyir is any excuse. I think the Horde is perfectly reasonable for protesting the attack. But as you pointed out, the parameters they were given gave them the leeway to seek out a conflict. I think the Alliance should be held accountable, but I think the blame should be laid at Anduin's feet, which is exactly where Sylvanas places it.

Yeah, and Baine has done more against the Alliance than Cairne, but he's still called an Alliance lackey while Cairne is a great Horde hero, because Baine has also helped the Alliance more than Cairne has. Granted, Baine has never done anything nearly as severe as the Purge of Dalaran. But Jaina has been instrumental in three ceasefires between Horde and Alliance (Stonetalon in WC3, Isle of Thunder in MoP, and Nazjatar in BfA), and she was instrumental in helping save Thunder Bluff whereas no Horde leader has ever helped protect an Alliance capital to my recollection (though the PC helped with Exodar and twice with Stormwind).

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    2 stupids don't = a smart. It's just twice as stupid.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post

If we're Night Fae, we have to help Bwonsamdi who is still the high loa of a Horde-allied country and deals with evil people like Hakkar for power. Even if we're not Night Fae, we have to help him save all his troll souls in De Other Side if we want the lootz.
    I think Bwonsamdi says something about 'No hard feelings for Dazar'alor, eh?' to Alliance players in the quests where you're supposed to go to De Other Side. So, he's clearly ok with some Alliance. Then again, he let Rastakhan die in Dazar'alor, so...
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    baine was one of the first people alliance players rescued from the maw. Which makes no sense why we even care when jaina and anduin are still stuck well and tyrande but we are letting her work off her angry a bit before asking her to leave again.
    It's simple. We rescued the people we found. It's not some big mystery. You're all acting like we walked down a cellblock, saw them all lined up, only had one key, and chose Baine intentionally.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Lore wise, Jaina put aside her differences and helped you escape from the Maw, you are just returning the favor.

I was under the impression that we were all Alliance now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What about us saving Baine? Or Thrall? Makes 0 sense either as Alliance players.
    It's just cause of gameplay.
    Baine didn't lead an assault on an allied capital city. Jaina definitely deserves torture in the mind of Horde players. Thrall also literally saved the world once. Jaina's war crimes are just mounting up.