Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's the same thing. Rendering government unable to govern is effectively no different from removing that government.

He was explicitly not talking about stalling any specific progress towards any particular bad outcome; he opposed any governance, of any kind, on any topic, in his own words.
    Correct and I don't agree with him as I would risk ruin to see things move in what I believe is a positive direction but I understand the premise hes pushing.

I don't believe it could exist outside of theory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    An unchanging government is not a functioning government, because it's not actually governing.
    I think it draws inspiration from " The robber baron" mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think it draws inspiration from " The robber baron" mentality
    In what way?

In what way?
    It's the idea that a government only ever impedes the individual and should it attempt to better the lot of others it will inevitably worsen their situation.

It's an extremely liberal ideology.

It's the idea that a government only ever impedes the individual and should it attempt to better the lot of others it will inevitably worsen their situation.

So impedes...that it should functionally do nothing?

So impedes...that it should functionally do nothing?
    Beyond basic governance? Yes that sums it up it's part of the belief that only wants governments for roads.

15+ Year Old Account

That doesn't make any logical sense. Wilfire's "ideology" is basically an unwavering defense of the status quo, a standard position used by conservatives across the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Beyond basic governance?
    What counts as "basic governance"?

Yes that sums it up it's part of the belief that only wants governments for roads.
    So you want the Department of Transportation, but nothing else? What about regulatory agencies? What about trade? What about new threats? A government incapable of doing more than passing a domestic budget that's identical to last years budget isn't a government at all.

What counts as "basic governance"?

So you want the Department of Transportation, but nothing else? What about regulatory agencies? What about trade? What about new threats? A government incapable of doing more than passing a domestic budget that's identical to last years budget isn't a government at all.
    I mean your asking me to explain another person's belief system. I can explain the general idea but these are questions you need to ask him.

It isnt one I agree with as I see it as stagnant and prone to simply rotting away but I grasp what hes going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If I've learned anything, it's to not bother trying to explain something on someone elses' behalf around here.

It's a one-way ticket to getting everyone accusing you of believing those things.
    I mean I've been accused of wanting to genocide the poor here for suggesting removing the criminal element out of any community improves it.. You can only be called hitler once then they cap out of insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That doesn't make any logical sense. Wilfire's "ideology" is basically an unwavering defense of the status quo, a standard position used by conservatives across the world.
    Well, in their ideology then, I guess since Humans ever descended out of the trees/exited the caves, it's been all a downfall for humanity since. That's it. I guess it is back to animal skins and arrowhead topped spears for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, in their ideology then, I guess since Humans ever descended out of the trees/exited the caves, it's been all a downfall for humanity since. That's it. I guess it is back to animal skins and arrowhead topped spears for me.
    Its painfully obvious what he wants I find it weird how so many people seem tripped up by the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Progress happened despite the geopolitical games of our "leaders", not because of them.

And the ministries of transport, science and education, healthcare, defense, economics and finance are not the ones trying to swing their huge metaphorical rod around and make sweeping changes to the society. It's always the little big man who gets elected to the high office and his band of sycophants.
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2020-12-15 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Progress happened despite the geopolitical games of our "leaders", not because of them.

And the ministries of transport, science and education, healthcare, defense, economics and finance are not the ones trying to swing their huge metaphorical rod around and make sweeping changes to the society. It's always the little big man who gets elected to the high office and his band of sycophants.
    Do yo understand the fucking irony of a Trumpster making that statement?

Are you simply a parody account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

No, it’s not. It’s the belief that you are right, for no reason other than it’s you... Trump is here to confirm every human flaw can be overcome with enough money. They support a NYC billionaire, with bank account and business all over the world, as the populist fighting globalist elites. For them, working class rising up to be in government, like just about every DNC candidate since... I don’t know... who was the last independently wealthy, trust fund baby, to win the DNC nomination? Al Gore? Is simply abhorrent... the definition of elite...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

It's like when they came up with the NPC meme. You rarely see that kind of self-ownage.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's like when they came up with the NPC meme. You rarely see that kind of self-ownage.
    "I'm doing it ironically."

"Um, no you're not. You're just to damn stupid to realize you're in a cult."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Let’s all change our avatars to NPCs to show libs who the real free thinkers are!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It’s not like the might of US is founded on circumstances from a “geopolitical” event, more than 100 years ago. I’m not sure if this is biting the hand that feeds or cutting off your nose, to spite your face. We won’t know the full extent to which Trump has damaged that advantage for a couple of years.

What was Trump’s response after the veto, of a bipartisan bill, denying Trump the war powers act against Iran? If that’s not ‘little big man’, we have different definitions of the term.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wish people would pay attention to who they're replying to sometimes. Know who is and isn't worth your time. Wilfire is the same guy that made a thread that was basically "Leave Trump aloooone !" Among other things. You're not getting a legit debate.
    Dude, one of the most amusing thing about how this place in the last few years was the epic flame out most of the anti-SJW crew went through. They were riding so high around 2017 and 2018, but I'm guessing that being an anti-social dick didn't net them much but chasing the caustic rabbit down the hole until they just got really disconnected from the immersion. I mean, everything Wilfire has said in this thread, and everything you linked, is profoundly fucking weird. I may get a warning for saying that, but good god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Dude, one of the most amusing thing about how this place in the last few years was the epic flame out most of the anti-SJW crew went through. They were riding so high around 2017 and 2018, but I'm guessing that being an anti-social dick didn't net them much but chasing the caustic rabbit down the hole until they just got really disconnected from the immersion. I mean, everything Wilfire has said in this thread, and everything you linked, is profoundly fucking weird. I may get a warning for saying that, but good god.
    Yeah, we can’t really choose which Trump supporter to argue with, with the mass exodus. The dude in @Machismo signature? Check his current name... I guess he couldn’t figure out how GDPR works... we lost a lot of them, due to over exuberant celebrations, after Trump’s win. Then there was the EU privacy changes, which nuked a lot of “real Americans”. The purge approached its climax in 2018, when a caravan turned into a blue wave. Caravan, which is a name for a wonderful song I would link, but I got infracted for doing it by a mod with no name. Said mod leaving his post, was the final nail in the exodus... there wasn’t much left... but, that was the final nail...

Right now, your best bet to argue with a genuine Trump supporter on this forum, is the gun control thread. There are pictures of Karl Marx supporting guns and everything... this sub-forum sees so few, it is like fresh meat and we are all piranhas. If I am ever desperate for attention, am going all in on Trump... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, we can’t really choose which Trump supporter to argue with, with the mass exodus. The dude in @Machismo signature? Check his current name... I guess he couldn’t figure out how GDPR works... we lost a lot of them, due to over exuberant celebrations, after Trump’s win. Then there was the EU privacy changes, which nuked a lot of “real Americans”. The purge approached its climax in 2018, when a caravan turned into a blue wave. Caravan, which is a name for a wonderful song I would link, but I got infracted for doing it by a mod with no name. Said mod leaving his post, was the final nail in the exodus... there wasn’t much left... but, that was the final nail...

Right now, your best bet to argue with a genuine Trump supporter on this forum, is the gun control thread. There are pictures of Karl Marx supporting guns and everything... this sub-forum sees so few, it is like fresh meat and we are all piranhas. If I am ever desperate for attention, am going all in on Trump... lol
    I think that's one of the more hilarious parts of these forums. Literally, almost every single one of the "proud American patriots" had never stepped foot in America.

It's probably a big sign that you are a shitty person, when your strongest supporters are Nazis and Eastern European trolls.

On that note, I don't think Skroe is going to get the money that Knadra owes him.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-12-15 at 01:55 PM.