Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, fuck people with their own opinions! You should only ever think exactly what every other player tells you to think!!!
    I don't try to tell you, that WOD was bad. I personally still think, that it's actually the best xpack ever made. But problem is - changes, that were made at it's beginning, like possibly turning whole world into one big Timeless Isle with it's claustrophobic design, I actually hated, gating and then removing flying forever, were telling me, that this game was definitely going towards wrong direction of development. And if it was "the best xpack ever made" and therefore all that changes should have stayed - then there was no place for me in such game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always hated trash mobs in raids. Most people do.
    Or did?
    Blizzard releases new content and the sheep yell: "OMFG NEW CONTENT I LOVE KILLING TRASH MOBS! I LOVE BLIZZARD".

Fuck Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    It's the bane of trying to please WoW players. If you release it all at once, everyone plays it until their eyes bleed and say "I've done this, now where's my new content?!". If you time gate it everyone plays what you have and say "I've done this, now where's my new content?". The second option at least lets you have something new each week, which no matter how much you dislike it most likely will make you play the game longer. This is not a sinister choice at all, it's just the right choice from a design point of view.

If you disagree with this you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you're quite frankly wrong.
    At the time of writing this, only 23.68% of the poll voters have a negative opinion about Torghast. More voters have a positive opinion than a neutral opinion. I think it'll end up being more fun the higher we go, but I wish my main's priest powers would even come close to how fun and how strong my alt's shaman powers are. Kudos to the Torghast shaman designers, get back to work Torghast priest designers!
    Maybe they shouldn't put mandatory currencies in that content with no way to catch up if you're not doing all of it every week. They did it right with basically every other system in SL, but for some reason not Soul Ash.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Honestly for me so far, it's the best part of the expansion. I rarely have time for group content and much of the other solo stuff is quite easy. So when I do have pockets of time, having a place where I can go and basically play a dungeon by myself and not faceroll it is amazing to me. I really like it. Granted, it's real new and it may be the novelty of it but I find myself doing corner pulls etc, fearing bosses etc. If it were infinite deaths it would probably not be as "nailbiting". The finite death thing really puts pressure on you.
    I agree with you on that. I think the best part of Torghast is that it is flexible and optional.

You can do it solo or in group at whenever you want to. There is no hassle to PuG or whatever. And Players don't need to do it if they don't care about legendaries.
    It is certainly better than BFA visions.

But its current form is rather time-consuming. Even as a flexible content, you need to reserve at least 30-60 mins to do it. And it is not that optional either, because most players would like to increase power via legendaries. So it is more or less a weekly chore in the end.

But those are not the main reason why I think it is boring. I truly think the content itself is boring, endless killing of similar floors and mobs.
    I don't see amazing fun in it. But that is just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I think the best part of Torghast is that it is flexible and optional.
    Are legendaries optional? To me, they seem like a rather big part of a character and skipping them is not smart

Quote Originally Posted by Yavimawa View Post
    Are legendaries optional? To me, they seem like a rather big part of a character and skipping them is not smart
    Not really. That is why I said it seems to be optional, but in the end it will be a weekly chore for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I don't hate it, but I'd prefer if you had to do it once a week, not 3-4. Each full run takes like an hour, one time should be enough. Instead this week I had to do a layer 4 to unlock layer 5, a layer 5 to unlock layer 6, and two layer 6 for the soul ash. Was like 4 hrs down the drain.
    the multiple runs are a 1 time thing for unlocking layers. Once you umlock layer 7, you will only need to do the l7 in both towers

I mean, after next week, you only have to do two runs a week.

I am not a huge fan of rogue-like stuff in the first place. I hate temporary power ups like this. So I knew going in I was going to be super happy about it. But two runs a week is not a pain in the ass in my book.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2020-12-11 at 09:59 AM.

Because Blizzard gives beta access to streamers who are known to suck their cocks, so of course they're all NPCs who say the same things and praise Blizzard.

Same shit with video game urinalist sucking the cocks of giant publishers so they don't get cut off from the exclusive content pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    This expac is amazing, I think you’re expecting too much
    Not really.

On the contrary, I have very low expectation for SL. Even after mostly overwhelmingly positive reviews from streamers and testers, I still had very little expectation for SL.

After playing the game for so many years, I don't see anything exciting from SL. I actually think SL will end as a worse expansion than BFA:

- The borrowed power is still there (covenant abilities vs azerite/artifact)

- The unnecessarily complicated systems are still there (what is need for soulbinds and conduits?)

- The impossible balance (which is made worse because abilities and soulbinds are tied to covenant. I can guarantee 100% that Blizzard will allow players to change covenant freely without any consequence in the end, just like they added corruption vendor in BFA, because it is impossible to balance and they refused to pull the ripcord)

- The timegated content are still there

- The core content are still the same Mythic+/raids/pvp (which is usually good and OK)

The only really NEW stuff in SL is Torghast, which is not impressive for me so far. It is more of a weekly boring chore than fun exciting content for me. The best thing I can say about SL is alt-friendly. Different ways of leveling makes playing alts more fun.

From the current look, I don't think SL will be better than BFA. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I do think so.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2020-12-11 at 10:19 AM.

So, everyone that does not like them invests 1 hour each week in them and just runs the highest floors. Everyone that does like them can play endlessly and can do pretty long runs once twisted corridors open. Endless would be really too much, especially because you can't pause your runs.
    So I fail to see the problem here. Yeah, soul ash catch up would be nice, but otherwise Torghast is great (albeit a bit unbalanced).

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Torghast was changed a lot over the beta, things such as layers weren't initially in, characters were initially more overpowered with anima powers being consistently nerfed from inception to release, simple things such as the % secondary state anima powers started at I believe 6% per power and are on live now down to 3%.
    2. We've yet to unlock the Twisting Corridors 18 floor version of Torghast - it's around floor 7 where builds really start to ramp up and become overpowered, boss' are guaranteed to drop epic anima powers - we're just not yet seeing those because the runs are ending on floor 6 just as you start to reach the point of being overpowered.
    3. Right now the grind of having to do multiple layers (Week 1, this Week & next Week) in order to be optimal for Soul Ash acquisition leaves players frustrated, after next week you'll do 2x 6 Floor wings a week for all Soul Ash.
    4. Some of the anima powers in Torghast simply aren't activated yet - or are going to be part of events within Torghast. For example, one anima power can be offered to you at the start of a running giving you a Shadehound pet that if selected, will provide further anima powers for that pet throughout the run. Another anima power can turn you in to one of the Shade NPCs and give you an array of really strong abilities that you further enhance with anima powers throughout the run.

Simply put, we've not yet unlocked the more notable 'fun' part of Torghast, and what was 'fun' about Torghast was nerfed consistently throughout the beta, all the way up until about 3-4 weeks before launch.

I like the idea behind Torghast. It reminds of me of this weekly Withered army training in Legion (which I liked very much).
    I ran Torghast only 2 times though, I bet it will get repetitive and boring in the long run. Still it's much better feature than those islands in BfA.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Pretty repetitive already. I would rather have less mobs and floors per layer and make them harder as in having some actual mechanics to them instead on making them meat sacks. Iḿ a rogue so I can skip pretty much all the trash I want but still, I am already sick of it and I wish I could get the ash from any other source and leave Torghast as a Mage Tower sort of stuff for cosmetics.
    I agree.

I love Legion Mage tower much more than current Torghast.

I prefer a short fun challenge that rewards awesome appearance, instead of killing too many boring and unnecessary trash for weekly chore.

Had couple of dozens runs in Thorgast in Alpha, when it was semi-unlimited (120+ floors or something) - and yes, that mode was much more fun than mandatory 6 floors we have now.

Currently you cannot even prepare a decent build with funny powers as there are too few orbs to pick up to arrange something descent most of the times (DK with actual 4 horsemen, DH which does damage by only jumping, and other weird sheningans).

Twisting corridors makes it a bit better, albeit 18 floors can still be too few to get to the fun part. On the other hand its too many for just one time cosmetic reward.

For me thats the problem with current Thorgast longevity - in the early alpha with semi-endless mode you did not pay that much attention that you are getting nothing from Thorgast - it was the only thing to do, it was fun yes, but as there was nothing else, you could just run it for fun without paying attention to other in-game stuff.

Now, even if Thorgast would have superfun endless mode, most people (probably me included) won't go there much if the rewards are not decent enough, as simply there is other, more beneficial things to do in game.

Oh and in early alpha you could level a character in Thorgast - that was pretty nice addition, to bad it got removed.

To me personally, I consider it an absolute waste of my time.

It's just another chore that I need to spend an hour to a couple of hours per character to get out of the way.

Thank god that it didn't go live the way it was in earlier beta revisions.

I'll be honest with you here. The fun is very short-lived because after a while you get bored of the: "Ooo, I can cast my spells faster and get 270K crits out of them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    1. Torghast was changed a lot over the beta, things such as layers weren't initially in, characters were initially more overpowered with anima powers being consistently nerfed from inception to release, simple things such as the % secondary state anima powers started at I believe 6% per power and are on live now down to 3%.
    i think that's only point here, i don't know why, maybe i didn't follow beta close enough, but Torghast anima power are either heavily nerfed or flat out removed, i was expecting playing wow with cheat codes on, what i get is it seems i play wow with lube on
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    It's just as terrible as them visions that was forced on us in BFA, I play healer too and its kinda hard, and no I won't switch to dps spec.
    Then duo it , man people who solo quest or do kiĺl related stuff as heal are weird

Streamers are dumb man children. Never watch them or listen to whatever drivel they are peddling with their dumb fake enthusiasm, it will drastically improve you life.