Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a tedious time sink. While I don't deny that having great powers in the upper floors can be fun (or frustrating if you were unlucky) it's an immense timesink that gets boring pretty quickly.

If you just want to progress with 3 chars you spend more than 10h there in this week alone, doing the same in the same environment with virtually no rewards - not even vanity - at the end. Just as much the gameplay is advanced over island expeditions, at the same rate the reward structure is a huge step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahkesis View Post
    When they were praising it, it wasn't time-gated and it was more fun. They did not know it would be a weekly time-gated thing because, at the time, it wasn't. It was a test environment where you could endlessly compound powers, the powers were more broken and you could do it all at once. You had to remember to get your soul ash or leggo drop from a chest at the end of the floor, it didn't drop off the boss, there were no torments (fuck those random spawning things, they are NOT fun) etc

Honestly, I played Torghast in alpha and beta and it was way more fun when you could compound powers on higher floors. The gating of 6 floors really makes the power accumulation feel like it only gets good on Floor 5 of any given layer. As soon as Layer 8 opens, I will only do Layer 8s (in groups if I have to) each week and I will never do the lower layers again because Torghast is no longer fun to do.

It was more fun when it mattered less. Also, I hate Ven'ari and the maw and the fact that you have to go there for Stygia to get Torghast rewards to make your runs better or easier.
    Don't forget twisted corridors exist, yo.
    Mandatory rewards only having 6 floors feels good time wise imo.
    Fun wise, the 18 floor mode is faaar better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:
    - Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.
    After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff?

Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    because at the time of alpha, thorgast looked really fun. Then blizz decided that players shouldnt have fun and change it all. Again and again. Litterally every single change made to thorgast made it less fun...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

To me ut was all about wich class.

Thorgast ended up maling med swap Main, lol. I was sure AS hell not gonna do that for 2 years as a priest.

-making rats give birth
    -not using pain to stack attacn
    Etc
    It was fun, but som slow and felt like a game og sneaky chess.

As a druid however, it feels great.
    Mage as well

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not finding it fun. I just do it for the soul ash. A lot of other players are saying that it's fun but I don't see them saying what exactly they find fun about it. Maybe the specs I'm playing just have really boring anima powers. BM Hunter has lame anima powers and lame legendaries.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyElf View Post
    Streamers are dumb man children. Never watch them or listen to whatever drivel they are peddling with their dumb fake enthusiasm, it will drastically improve you life.
    Thats a real sad way to generalize normal people who got reputation to lose when they are being dumb/wrong.
    All Preach said, came true in the end so far, and can't really blame peoole enjoying a crazy endless mode with insane powers vs what the mandatory 6 floor adventure is we got r/n.

Endless corridors will fix atleast the 'too quick' issue when the initial gating is over.

I myself love it so far. I just enjoy playing smart and having to plan, trying to cheese some mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

I'm quite enjoying Torghast.

It's not as good as it could be imo, I would prefer it to be an alternate progression/gearing path for solo/small group players that isn't timer-based like M+, instead of the current implementation that is pretty much a must-play for any character.

But it's quite fun to play around with the powers and be able to progress through it at your own pace. I also like how the scaling works - even though it can be a bit wonky at times, it does seem to be pretty smart, scaling not only to the number of people you run with, but with the roles you take (mobs seem to scale in damage done depending on whether you have a healer/tank or not).

It can be a bit time intensive, particularly on the weeks that new layers unlock, but since the main reward has a weekly lock that's alright.

Maybe because they enjoyed it?
    If you tried to gauge an objective view of a subjective matter that's really on you...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    Thats a real sad way to generalize normal people who got reputation to lose when they are being dumb/wrong.
    They only care for attention, not for their reputation. They are like TV presenters, only sadder.

Endless corridors will fix atleast the 'too quick' issue when the initial gating is over.
    Too quick??? 6 floors already take ages and are super repetitive, and you are compelled to kill every single mob to stockpile as much anima as possible to reduce the risk of ending up in a situation where you can't kill the boss and have wasted all that time for nothing.

I played in beta before they limited floors way more fun when you get like 50 powers

biting the hand that feeds you is a not so good idea since the business you have solely depends on other peoples work and/or money. that's why modern slavery is in fact streaming. Locking people up in a room while they really think what they do is of any importance - yes it is to their masters, which in this particular case exist on both sides of the fence.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
    Last edited by Magneto; 2020-12-11 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm not finding it fun. I just do it for the soul ash. A lot of other players are saying that it's fun but I don't see them saying what exactly they find fun about it. Maybe the specs I'm playing just have really boring anima powers. BM Hunter has lame anima powers and lame legendaries.
    I find it fun because it has this "rogue-lite" flavor to it. Receiving random upgrades, and growing more powerful to face more powerful foes is quite fun. Sometimes you get upgrades which change your strategy / gameplay quite a lot, so it keeps things interesting. And because those upgrades are random you may get different experience with each run.

But then if you are doing it for the ash only I can see it being annoying, as it can be quite long. But that's up to the person. If someone is focused on min-maxing then I guess most of the content will be annoying to them and see it as a chore.

Anyway, which features of WoW do you find fun?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Because it is fun?

Also, keep in mind that currently you aren't as powerful yet as you'll be once you bought all the upgrades to give you even more strong options and possible combos between the anima powers.
    I don't know how high layers work. But every layer always starts at floor 1 with 0 power, right?

Current layer with only 6 floors takes 30-60 mins to complete, which is already pretty long and boring.

If higher layers has 18 floors or even endless floors as some people claimed, it will be even worse, because we always start from floor 1 with 0 power. It will take so much more time than current 6 floor layers.

Yes, in the end, it would be fun when you reach last floors with insane power. But how much time does it take to clean all the lower floors with crappy powers to reach that? 3-4 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    To me personally, I consider it an absolute waste of my time.

It's just another chore that I need to spend an hour to a couple of hours per character to get out of the way.

Thank god that it didn't go live the way it was in earlier beta revisions.

I'll be honest with you here. The fun is very short-lived because after a while you get bored of the: "Ooo, I can cast my spells faster and get 270K crits out of them."
    If you even luck into getting those powers instead of Polymorph or Mind Control ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Because it is fun?

Also, keep in mind that currently you aren't as powerful yet as you'll be once you bought all the upgrades to give you even more strong options and possible combos between the anima powers.
    I have every upgrade except the one that guarantees 2 options, the upgrades really don't do much to fix the issues I have with it. The only real power growth is that you'll have higher ilevel, which doesn't make it more fun, it just makes your numbers bigger and the floors easier. It doesn't fix the lack of sustain that some specs have, or the massive amount of lame powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I don't know how high layers work. But every layer always starts at floor 1 with 0 power, right?

Current layer with only 6 floors takes 30-60 mins to complete, which is already pretty long and boring.

If higher layers has 18 floors or even endless floors as some people claimed, it will be even worse, because we always start from floor 1 with 0 power. It will take so much more time than current 6 floor layers.

Yes, in the end, it would be fun when you reach last floors with insane power. But how much time does it take to clean all the lower floors with crappy powers to reach that? 3-4 hours?
    A layer is always 6 floors, except in Twisting Corridors where it's 18. Having to unlock layers is extremely annoying and a waste of time. Just let me pick the floor that fits my gear/patience level and go. Having to do floors 4 and 5 this week when they effectively give you 0 rewards sucks, especially having to do it on multiple characters.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah idk, Torghast is absolute garbage as far as I can see.

I originally thought it would be difficult and would require grinding but once you got the hang of it it would be pretty short. In reality it's just long and tedious with no difficulty whatsoever, there's way too many mobs for no reason at all. They're all the same, none of them do anything interesting, and you just mindlessly kill them floor after floor.

Each layer should have been 3 floors, not 6, and I think it would be mostly okay. As it stands now though it's just way too time consuming for how insanely boring and stupid it is, or it should have dropped gear that scales with the layer, like layer 6 drops 190 ilvl gear or something, so you could at least get a reward other than soul ash.

It's fun if you do it like once a week. Or at least was ... floor 6 took me nearly an hour and I got bored to death pulling 1 elite at a time .. over and over and over.

What I dislike the most is the actual difficulty coming from melee/ranged auto attacks that just deal 20% hp damage ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

I originally thought it would be difficult and would require grinding but once you got the hang of it it would be pretty short. In reality it's just long and tedious with no difficulty whatsoever, there's way too many mobs for no reason at all. They're all the same, none of them do anything interesting, and you just mindlessly kill them floor after floor.

Each layer should have been 3 floors, not 6, and I think it would be mostly okay. As it stands now though it's just way too time consuming for how insanely boring and stupid it is, or it should have dropped gear that scales with the layer, like layer 6 drops 190 ilvl gear or something, so you could at least get a reward other than soul ash.
    Making it shorter(fewer floors) doesn't make it good, it just means you spend less time in a bad version.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

This is exactly how I feel. It is extremely dull, boring and time consuming.

And it will be horrible as a weekly chore.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    He says "You are Hunted", if you are near a RareMob, they dont spawn in but patiently wait for you. Dunno why they made him say that specifically, but its an Indicator for a rare beeing nearby.
    Some levels have a buff that things appear if you are not in combat long enough. I've let mawrats run around keeping me in combat or fighting a mob and two seconds later the "not in combat" mobs spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    It's fun if you do it like once a week. Or at least was ... floor 6 took me nearly an hour and I got bored to death pulling 1 elite at a time .. over and over and over.

What I dislike the most is the actual difficulty coming from melee/ranged auto attacks that just deal 20% hp damage ....
    Very much this. Like yeah, it's WoW, there have to be auto attacks, but the degree to which auto attacks(or spammed casts that you can't realistically stop all of) punish specs with no innate sustain is absurd.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU