Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Guessing you are not a collector either, which makes me question WHY do you want this if you dont care about it... torghast has like 8-9 pets already.
    This list. Even a well respected tuber commented that they need more xmogs aside from Twisting today. That isn't really the point, even though it kind of is. But mainly, waiting for that list.

The person calling me out as "not a collector" left out other things I said should be added. Only pointed out me not knowing that there are "8-9" pets already. I honestly just want the list so I can add it to the things I am trying to collect.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2020-12-19 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I'm gonna say doing literally nothing is better than Visions in many ways, so I think it cleared that bar for me.

A lot of the criticism of Torghast beyond what I laid out seems to be "Ugh, it's just an instance where you KILL THINGS but sometimes you get powers that make you STRONGER. OCCASIONALLY you will CC things and then you'll need to fight a BOSS Sometimes there's STUFF ON THE GROUND and ADDS. How pedestrian." and just...that's literally fucking MMO content! I don't know if the same people complaining about the base concept are the target audience anymore.
    They really aren't. And honestly, frick them. The only thing I can get behind is removing the ties to the legendary and instead add other rewards. Otherwise, it's not meant for everyone and that's good.

My biggest concern at this moment is that I hear everyone saying that they think it is easy.
    Yet for me it is like hit or miss when I step into a floor.
    Either I get a bad combination of powers and boss, or I get a good one.
    Getting a bad combo means I just cannot kill the boss, at all, and I have just wasted 45-60 minutes of my time for getting nothing.
    Getting a good combo means killing the boss in under a minute.
    There seems to be no in between.

I think if you would get some reward every floor it would be better. Or get a part if you decide to skip the end boss.
    I also think it would help if the powers you get are less random in overall power.

I do not mind if it is difficult, but not being able to kill a boss at all (like getting it to 30% max) just does not feel right.

When I was watching streamers doing torghast most of them had 'fun' abilities, intended or not since then, all i get is crap abilities that are no fun, don't change my play style, or give me a different new ability

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saysis View Post
    My biggest concern at this moment is that I hear everyone saying that they think it is easy.
    Getting a bad combo means I just cannot kill the boss, at all, and I have just wasted 45-60 minutes of my time for getting nothing.

I think if you would get some reward every floor it would be better. Or get a part if you decide to skip the end boss.
    I also think it would help if the powers you get are less random in overall power.

I do not mind if it is difficult, but not being able to kill a boss at all (like getting it to 30% max) just does not feel right.
    After the nerf? What the frick are you doing? My friends and I steamrolled through layer 8 after the nerf, it's much too easy now, but I understand the change because of people like you.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

On layer 8 as a rogue I burst the boss to 40% health and then I have to kite, blind and all that stuff to get my cooldowns back. It's fine how it is. The real issue is, people do not even try.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    You're out of touch with the playerbase, it's pretty obvious from multiple complaint posts you've made.

Torghast is at worst okay. It will change over the expansion, not only with the seasons changing the content, but I'll be surprised if they don't keep adding levels to it (esp. as 8 is now allegedly only as hard as 6 was, according to Blizzard), and probably other content too.

I find with at least one other player, it's a lot of fun myself. Solo, it's still about as fun as some other Roguelikes. Anyway, it's basically fun if you like Roguelikes, or play with others. It needs more added to it, but that's exactly what they plan to do, so I expect it will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say try after the most recent patch, because this sounds like before - but even without that, if you're really hating the RNG resulting in "bad combos" (I have yet to personally find a combo so bad it was the problem - though I'm sure it could happen), just group with at least one other player. The chances of both of you getting screwed by RNG are much smaller, and each player you add, the chances go down further. Even if you're really badly impacted and say, only operating at 50% of what you could be, then the other guy may well be operating at 150% of what he could be, and so on. Even if you're both only at say, 80%, then it's still likely to go a lot better simply because you can pull of a lot of stuff that requires two people - mobs get more health with two, but they don't get, for example, to cast faster - so with two you can chain-interrupt stuff that would simply be impossible with one. You can also kite, tank and heal, and so on in ways not viable with one player.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Streamers and testers liked Islands in beta too. I basically don't trust what those people say.

For me its all about the fact that the rewards are just garbage. Its a huge time waste.

ANOTHER? Thread about this?

This was already discussed on Allcraft.

They said it was awesome because it was TOTALLY different on Beta and it got changed later.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    The bigger picture behind it is that it is an artificial difficulty system with a random element that appeals to peoples inherent nature of getting excited when they can pick something exciting. Most people will pick 10 dull things and know the likelihood of things being dull but if they pick one exciting thing it makes up for the other 10 dull things. The reward is minimal also and serves to be nothing more than a minor ego booster as you overcome artificial difficulties in order to prove you can do it.

In the future they will just add more levels and more difficulties with more exciting things to pick because that inherently is what people seem to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    The bigger picture behind it is that it is an artificial difficulty system with a random element that appeals to peoples inherent nature of getting excited when they can pick something exciting. Most people will pick 10 dull things and know the likelihood of things being dull but if they pick one exciting thing it makes up for the other 10 dull things. The reward is minimal also and serves to be nothing more than a minor ego booster as you overcome artificial difficulties in order to prove you can do it.

In the future they will just add more levels and more difficulties with more exciting things to pick because that inherently is what people seem to enjoy.

I think this is the major flaw with Torghast atm. There are so many useless abilities that you can easily get F'd by pure RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I think this is the major flaw with Torghast atm. There are so many useless abilities that you can easily get F'd by pure RNG.
    Some of them are non-sensical, most are beneficial but overall it's just odd. Like wanting to use abilities you rarely use... oh boy, how exciting. *snore*

I could understand if the difficulty rewarded something beneficial or crucial but it's just a time thing on legendaries and then what? You make your raiding lego, M+ lego and your pvp lego... "I must challenge myself and my abilities... to get no real worthwhile benefit out of jerking myself off".

So tedious and dull.

Tl;dr it was a cosmetic only unlimited instance with no power cap.

Now it’s a mandatory legendary material farm that’s time gated with no cosmetics, only so they can force usage of the feature and obtain higher mau, with the addition of being able to drop in the unlimited version (south 3 wings, already in game just portals deliberately remove) as new unlimited farm content in 9.3 to hold onto subs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with Torghast and actually having fun running it.

The only thing that should change regarding it - there must be some rewards introduced except Ash in there. At least cosmetic or pets or else. Cause, once people get their maximal lvl 4 Legendary, they won't have the reason to run it anymore each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Tl;dr it was a cosmetic only unlimited instance with no power cap.

Now it’s a mandatory legendary material farm that’s time gated with no cosmetics, only so they can force usage of the feature and obtain higher mau, with the addition of being able to drop in the unlimited version (south 3 wings, already in game just portals deliberately remove) as new unlimited farm content in 9.3 to hold onto subs
    LOL WUT?! People are already bitching up a storm about how they "HATE" Torghast, and you think an unlimited version with the same nonexistent rewards is going to somehow keep subs?

What the hell are you on? It sounds like a good trip, maybe i'll try it too.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    LOL WUT?! People are already bitching up a storm about how they "HATE" Torghast, and you think an unlimited version with the same nonexistent rewards is going to somehow keep subs?

What the hell are you on? It sounds like a good trip, maybe i'll try it too.
    People will bitch about anything. These forums are not a good measure of how people feel about torghast. They just nerfed it and made it a lot less time consuming while nerfing the shit out of those assassins. Seriously...that guy spawned waaaaay too much, and having him spawn on a boss floor was terrible. But they fixed those and right now torghast feels pretty good. You don't need to do it everyday. To get the majority of soulash you just need to do 1 floor on the bottom and the top. Islands for grinds and the utter failure of warfronts.....i'd say torghast is a big step in the right direction. Having special powers and good ones makes it fun. And you can do it with friends.

Torghast may not be perfect...but it is a hell of a lot better then islands ever were or warfronts.

It would probably be better if instead of 6 floors of set difficulty you'd have endless floors with increasing difficulty and it gave soul ash for each completed floor... Now it's just okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    People will bitch about anything. These forums are not a good measure of how people feel about torghast. They just nerfed it and made it a lot less time consuming while nerfing the shit out of those assassins. Seriously...that guy spawned waaaaay too much, and having him spawn on a boss floor was terrible. But they fixed those and right now torghast feels pretty good. You don't need to do it everyday. To get the majority of soulash you just need to do 1 floor on the bottom and the top. Islands for grinds and the utter failure of warfronts.....i'd say torghast is a big step in the right direction. Having special powers and good ones makes it fun. And you can do it with friends.

Torghast may not be perfect...but it is a hell of a lot better then islands ever were or warfronts.
    It would be nice if they just turned off those spawns on boss floors. I would be winding up a pyro and right as it launches they would start spawning on me.

And i agree, I enjoy Torghast a lot more than i thought I would. Even on the classes I thought it would suck on, it's still a lot of fun. And i don't have anyone in there to judge me and all my jumping and running and line of sighting mobs to heal. That trait that gives you super jump on someone who can kite!! I've been comparing it to the old castle of the winds game from back in the day, and i equate bosses you can't beat to "accidentally" teleporting into a room with no way out and nothing in your bags/spellbook to help you. Just gotta start all over again from the start.
    I'm a thread killer.

It really would be nice to have a currency or something for additional reward. Make clearing it past making/upgrading your desired legendary to it's max or even give reason to do your best in the upcoming twisting corridors.

Whether the rewards be a transmog set, Anima enchant visual, toys/pets... Hell chuck in a bag of random meat/leather/cloth that we can redeem I'd be happy.

Aside from that, I've enjoyed my weekly clears. Solo only as fire mage.