Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    I'm genuinely curious about this too. Don't plan on switching myself, but by this point there must be some people who have done the switch who had an achievement or two associated with one covenant before switching to another.

Anyone reading this thread know what happens to the covenant achievements? Like the OP asked, are they hidden but still count? Do they treat them like faction-related achievements? Or does it display both sets of covenant achievements if you switch?
    I cant check yet, but in theory the answer would be found by checking an alt.

Get one of the achievements only relevant to a covenant EG: Using their 'feature'. (Night Fae is something with the Soul Garden).
    Check if the achievement point total changes on an alt.

Im a day away from probably getting one of the covenant only achievements, ill check an alt and see.

chances are they will make swapping covenant a lot easier when the next season starts, cause chances are balance changes will make a lot of people want to swap and they will then complain it takes so long. so yeah i wouldn't worry too much until you are completely done with your current one.

if you really want to tryhard, look up the trick to how you can basically have 2 covenants most of the time. will take a bit more effort ofc, and i don't envy you the anima grinding to build buildings etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope it's a 9.1 feature - Once you complete the Covenant on one character, you should be able to unlock another Covenant on that character.

Of course, you won't get access to that Covenant's abilities nor soulbinds, but having access to the Covenant Sanctum, Storyline, and Rewards would be good - And you can slowly work your way to fully unlocking all 4 covenants over the entire expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    I'm genuinely curious about this too. Don't plan on switching myself, but by this point there must be some people who have done the switch who had an achievement or two associated with one covenant before switching to another.

Anyone reading this thread know what happens to the covenant achievements? Like the OP asked, are they hidden but still count? Do they treat them like faction-related achievements? Or does it display both sets of covenant achievements if you switch?
    There has never been a situation in the entire game, where the game rolls back achievement points you have already gained on your character. Never. And covenant based achievements won't be a precedent.

Faction related achievements are a completely different thing, because these are actual different, separate achievements. It's not that something gets deleted. You just don't have your alliance achievements on a horde character, and vice versa.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There has never been a situation in the entire game, where the game rolls back achievement points you have already gained on your character. Never. And covenant based achievements won't be a precedent.

Faction related achievements are a completely different thing, because these are actual different, separate achievements. It's not that something gets deleted. You just don't have your alliance achievements on a horde character, and vice versa.

BFA had achievements that were alliance/horde only.
    They did not show up for the other faction.
    They also did not have counterparts on the opposite faction.

For example - Horde only
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...-your-direhorn

Does not show up for Alliance.

However, i do not know if those 5 points would be gained on an alliance toon if a horde got the achievement.

My point being, that would be the precedent. If those ones shared points despite being 'invisible' to ineligible characters, covenants would probably act the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    BFA had achievements that were alliance/horde only.
    They did not show up for the other faction.

For example - Horde only
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...-your-direhorn

Does not show up for Alliance.

However, i do not know if those 5 points would be gained on an alliance toon if a horde got the achievement.

My point being, that would be the precedent. If those ones shared points despite being 'invisible' to ineligible characters, covenants would probably act the same.
    You literally quoted me explaining how alliance/horde achievements are a different thing and how they work, then you proceed to tell me how they work again. Did you even read the 2 sentences I wrote?

Again, faction specific achievements are a different thing. They are only visible on toons of a specific faction. It's not that anything gets removed from your account, horde characters simply don't have those alliance achievements on them, and vice versa.

Covenants aren't like that. The achievements are present on your character and obtainable without you joining the covenant and are not dependent on the membership in one of them.

As for specifically this part - no, they do not. If you get faction specific achievements, they only count on characters of the same faction. If you log into the other faction, you see the equivalent achievements for the other faction (as incomplete)

Yes, they did. Maybe not exact counterparts, but for every horde specific WQ achievement, there was an Alliance WQ achievement. Not counterparts in the sense of awarding each other, but counterparts nontheless.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-15 at 03:14 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

For anyone interested

If you have a Covenant specific achievement, when being on an alt of a different covenant, that achievement wont show and your achievement points will be less.

EG:
    I got https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ats-the-spirit
    on my main who is Night Fae.
    32955 points.

When logging on to my alt, who is NOT Night Fae.
    Has 32945 points. 10 less.

No counterpart achievement is unlocked.
    However, the achievement is trackable with
    /script AddTrackedAchievement(14670)
    on the alt. So while hidden, it is still 'not completed'. At least not counting on the character who hasnt done it.