13 13.00%
  • Yes - Other Party/None

8 8.00%
  • No - Other Party/None

16 16.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I support it espacially against dictator and corrupted politician

I think that lifetime-long hard labor for the likes of mass murderers, serial killers and all other potential death raw criminals is much more justified punishment than relatively quick and painless death a lot of those would pick instead.

Let them clean toilets for the rest of their miserable lives. A more ethical, humane and honest solution than death penalty. And - what is most important here - it can be reversed if there was a tragic mistake of convicting innocent, while you surely can't bring back someone who got executed by mistake.

I don't support the death penalty, but it's probably due to a more twisted reason than people think. Death is release, why would I want a horrid criminal to have release? Keep em alive and miserable for the rest of their natural life. Don't give them the way out, imo.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Yip. Some people are just born with a head full of bad wiring.

Very interesting that more centrists than conservatives support it, but I'm not surprised that there are so few conservative responses.

No I don't support the death penalty. The only sort of person who I think you could reasonably execute would be a Napoleon or Hitler type figure who is too popular to actually imprison. The average person on death row would not escape from a life in prison.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

No, not because some people are fucked up beyond any reason but because there are always some innocent people who get executed due various loopholes and bad case/evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Very interesting that more centrists than conservatives support it, but I'm not surprised that there are so few conservative responses.

No I don't support the death penalty. The only sort of person who I think you could reasonably execute would be a Napoleon or Hitler type figure who is too popular to actually imprison. The average person on death row would not escape from a life in prison.
    I don't understand these answers - anybody who says "I don't support the death penalty, except in these such cases" does in fact, support the death penalty. It really is that simple.

They won’t live to regret or suffer the consequences of their actions. Let them live.

I would say yes. The point of prison is rehabilitation. If you are beyond that then death is the most efficient and fair solution. Society shouldn't pay to keep you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I would say yes. The point of prison is rehabilitation. If you are beyond that then death is the most efficient and fair solution. Society shouldn't pay to keep you around.
    Nobody is beyond rehabilitation though. Nobody is so evil that they can't be redeemed.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

I don't believe that anyone can be rehabilitated into a good, functional, member of society but even the worst of scum on this planet shouldn't be murdered as revenge or punishment ...it's far worse punishment for them to live out their lives in captivity. I'm torn on if it's humane to keep people imprisoned for life though, if that should even be a concern to certain individuals.
    That being said I believe everyone should be considered for rehabilitation, but that's down to psychologists and other experts to say if it's safe or not.

What I don't get is people who think it saves money to kill people, it doesn't ...it costs something equal to 120 years in prison to execute one person in the USA (on average). So if it's the financial burden on society you have as motivation then execution is not the answer you're actually arguing for.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I don't believe that anyone can be rehabilitated into a good, functional, member of society but even the worst of scum on this planet shouldn't be murdered as revenge or punishment ...it's far worse punishment for them to live out their lives in captivity. I'm torn on if it's humane to keep people imprisoned for life though, if that should even be a concern to certain individuals.
    That being said I believe everyone should be considered for rehabilitation, but that's down to psychologists and other experts to say if it's safe or not.

What I don't get is people who think it saves money to kill people, it doesn't ...it costs something equal to 120 years in prison to execute one person in the USA (on average). So if it's the financial burden on society you have as motivation then execution is not the answer you're actually arguing for.
    Why don't you think people can be rehabilitated? It's hard and sometimes circumstances to line up be I know ex-felons who became outstanding citizens and some people who would be doing life if you could jail people for being anti-social assholes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nobody is beyond rehabilitation though. Nobody is so evil that they can't be redeemed.
    I don't hold that same philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand these answers - anybody who says "I don't support the death penalty, except in these such cases" does in fact, support the death penalty. It really is that simple.
    I didn't say that I support the death penalty in these circumstances; I can just see why someone could reason their way to the death penalty.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why don't you think people can be rehabilitated? It's hard and sometimes circumstances to line up be I know ex-felons who became outstanding citizens and some people who would be doing life if you could jail people for being anti-social assholes.
    Because there are people with severe illusions of what the world is and should be, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to rehabilitate them. I'm just saying that in some cases people aren't going to be rehabilitated to a point where they're safe to be let back into society, for their own and other peoples safety.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Herald of the Titans
    in extreme circumstances where it is clear that this person cannot be rehabilitated, then yes. execute them quickly and humanely and let the rest of us continue with our day.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

No simply because we don't understand enough about free will, do people choose to commit crimes or are they driven by circumstances beyond their control? If you believe in determinism then a person who commits a murder has no choice in the matter, it was determined from birth.

Do you still put them in prison? Yes, to protect society. Is there an argument to kill them? yes but I would say not in a civilized society with the means and facilities for incarceration.

No, in fact I don't like the prison system at all. It needs major reforms and even then, death penalty should not exist.

If you have a person who is guilty without a shadow of a doubt and a true monster, why waste them? Use them for medical experiments, dangerous work, like say send them to Mars. etc. Hell even 20 years in an experimental power armor fighting enemies would do. If they survive, set them free.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    No, in fact I don't like the prison system at all. It needs major reforms and even then, death penalty should not exist.

If you have a person who is guilty without a shadow of a doubt and a true monster, why waste them? Use them for medical experiments, dangerous work, like say send them to Mars. etc. Hell even 20 years in an experimental power armor fighting enemies would do. If they survive, set them free.
    Well, at least Goebbels would approve, if no one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post

Violating a person's consent and exposing them to harm is immoral though. A criminal is still a human being.

Our goal should be to help every person and when we arrest a mass murderer we're actually helping them because it's just a matter of time before they mess up and get killed by the one of the people they're trying to murder.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)