Why is Blood DK so weak in PvP compared to Prot paladin?

I fighted against prot paladin as blood dk. Once in PvP combat my Death Strikes heals 3k max while his Word of Glory heals 12k max.

Arent Blood DKs supposed to selfheal more than Prot paladin or am I missing something? We are weak outside of heals anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I fighted against prot paladin as blood dk. Once in PvP combat my Death Strikes heals 3k max while his Word of Glory heals 12k max.

Arent Blood DKs supposed to selfheal more than Prot paladin or am I missing something? We are weak outside of heals anyway.
    Doesn't your deathstrike base heal off the damage taken in the last X seconds and can be hit anytime you have runic power?

Pally heal is the 4 global unless they've done 20 globals and it's free. And if they choose too they need to spend 4 more globals to get their defensive up. Also it's a pure heal, not damage + a heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    What prwraith says, if you aren't healing a lot it is due to your timing. We also have quite a bit of cooldowns and an unique utility so us being weak is just a perception problem.

Also bonestorm is a great healing talent.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Blood DK has the worst DPS of all the tanks, its "average" is below the minimum of a Prot Pally. Both have equal level of sustain but the extra damage means the pally will likely win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Doesn't your deathstrike base heal off the damage taken in the last X seconds and can be hit anytime you have runic power?

Pally heal is the 4 global unless they've done 20 globals and it's free. And if they choose too they need to spend 4 more globals to get their defensive up. Also it's a pure heal, not damage + a heal.
    Yeah but something is wrong when I'm in PvP combat. It feels like it's healing way less once in PvP even tho I'm taking a lot of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Yeah but something is wrong when I'm in PvP combat. It feels like it's healing way less once in PvP even tho I'm taking a lot of dmg.
    Death Strikes healing is reduced in pvp. The ability is absolute rubbish in any pvp combat now, heals for basically nothing regardless of your damage taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    Death Strikes healing is reduced in pvp. The ability is absolute rubbish in any pvp combat now, heals for basically nothing regardless of your damage taken.
    that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    wait what, since when?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    wait what, since when?
    Since February: https://www.wowhead.com/news=311305....-february-25th

This hasn't been my experience. I've been BGing as blood and having a blast being unkillable in anything less than 4v1

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    This hasn't been my experience. I've been BGing as blood and having a blast being unkillable in anything less than 4v1
    Not sure how that's any fun considering you're not killing anything either, you're just a nuisance, a punching bag for some idiots who insist on attacking you and trying to kill you.

because normal mobs hit harder than a blood DK

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Not sure how that's any fun considering you're not killing anything either, you're just a nuisance, a punching bag for some idiots who insist on attacking you and trying to kill you.
    It's useful. Lots of 3-0 wins in Capture the Flag BGs, solid at defending territories in matches like AB. And my personal favorite is actually playing the role of harasser in BGs like AB.

Add to weak Blood in pvp that prot is broke in pvp.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Now bear with me on this:

DK ally T9. Yes, I know it looked ridiculously stupid on every race... but it looks AWESOME on Worgen, makes you look like an Egyptian god or something. Then I'll just have to get some friends to help me run TOC a few times to get the off pieces I need to fill it out.

As for weapons, depends entirely on whether I'll be staying DW frost or going back to Unholy in 4.3, and what types of weapons I end up with after the first couple weeks of heroics and raids.