Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Thrall a warrior & Anduin a paladin?

So doing the Maw intro quest for a 4th time now I noticed something rather interesting. When you see other people with the various NPCs the "Stormwind Paladin" is actually Anduin and the "Frostwolf warrior" guy is Thrall and the Kirin Tor chick is Jaina. So even though Anduin is cannonically a priest, he's listed as a paladin there. Another thing I find strange is the fact that Thrall, a well established shaman, has TAUNT and acts as a tank in the scenario.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-12-12 at 12:26 AM.

anduin is a priest.

Thrall is currently a warrior after losing his shaman powers.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    anduin is a priest.

Thrall is currently a warrior after losing his shaman powers.
    But the intro into the Maw questline that starts the whole Shadowlands questing has Anduin shown as "Stormwind Paladin" and Thrall as "Frostwolf Warrior" and Jaina as "Kirin Tor Mage" when you see other people's parties out in the Maw during that. That's my point is that Anduin is listed as a paladin instead of a priest and Thrall is listed as a warrior that even has the spell taunt even though in other expansions where he's been an accompanied NPC he's been listed as a shaman when you click on him while Jaina, if we're being honest here, is listed as a Kirin Tor mage instead of a KT mage but that's a moot point there. The others make no sense.

Those npcs aren't really canon, just preventing an army of thralls in populated areas. I wouldn't put much thought into it. All that means is their coverup NPCs have similar ability sets. Anduin has grown quite partial to swinging a sword around and wearing plate, despite never formally going through the initiation process we saw for priests to become paladins we saw in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Anduin is a holy paladin as much as people like to claim otherwise, just look at him, sword, decked in armor, uses the light more-so as a caster than a melee bruiser like his father.

Yeah, Anduin is a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    Anduin is a holy paladin as much as people like to claim otherwise, just look at him, sword, decked in armor, uses the light more-so as a caster than a melee bruiser like his father.

Nah, anduin is a priest, he solely uses priest magic and the only thing he can do with his sword is basically auto attack. The same way you could do on your priest if armor restrictions were lifted.

3+ Year Old Account
    once again for the 321321323423423432435433rd time already, lore characters aren't bound to gameplay restrictions
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah, anduin is a priest, he solely uses priest magic and the only thing he can do with his sword is basically auto attack.
    In the BfA cinematic he did a little more than auto attack when that troll jumped towards him...
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Lore characters aren’t bound by in game rules, if Azeroth was real then I’m sure being a holy paladin is the natural progression after priesthood, especially since as a king he can’t really be a priest

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    In the BfA cinematic he did a little more than auto attack when that troll jumped towards him...
    https://youtu.be/S00lI8_m0u8?t=544

You joking right? He swings this sword like amateur. Its pretty clear he ain't paladin nor warrior.

Anduin is a paladin, a priest, and a warrior. He just switches depending on the situation. He is a pro at crying to invoke the light to heal and protect though.
    Thrall WAS a shaman, but the elements left him when he cheated to kill Garrosh, and also he gave away his shaman weapon as an Artifact to the player in Legion. He is definitely now a warrior.

Golden boi uses Shadow magic, so he is a priest.
    And Thrall right now a warrior, before Torgast quests at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So doing the Maw intro quest for a 4th time now I noticed something rather interesting. When you see other people with the various NPCs the "Stormwind Paladin" is actually Anduin and the "Frostwolf warrior" guy is Thrall and the Kirin Tor chick is Jaina. So even though Anduin is cannonically a priest, he's listed as a paladin there. Another thing I find strange is the fact that Thrall, a well established shaman, has TAUNT and acts as a tank in the scenario.
    It's probably just because of the weapons they wield

Priests don't wield 2h swords and Shaman don't wield 2h axes...probably something quick and simple for them instead of making things custom for npcs you wont see a lot of

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Anduin is a paladin, a priest, and a warrior. He just switches depending on the situation. He is a pro at crying to invoke the light to heal and protect though.
    Anduin can't be warrior as he has no warrior skills nor predisposition. Same goes for him being a paladin.
    Not to mention blizzard explicitly stated he is just a priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    https://youtu.be/S00lI8_m0u8?t=544

You joking right? He swings this sword like amateur. Its pretty clear he ain't paladin nor warrior.
    The overhead swing he does at the end of the auto attack frenzy seemed to have some sort of magical power as it CRATERED the troll. Melee + light magic = ???

Edit: Priests can't even use swords. hurhurhur
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    The overhead swing he does at the end of the auto attack frenzy seemed to have some sort of magical power as it CRATERED the troll. Melee + light magic = ???

Edit: Priests can't even use swords. hurhurhur
    Nah dude, you are just making some weird assumptions. He just swung that sword hard. Not to mention warriors don't have even similiar skill to this (purely vertical slash all the way down), neither paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post

No, he's a Priest, and guess who told us that after the BFA thing? Blizzard.'

So he's still a priest, just that NPCs arent restricted like players.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Wait most interesting bit in this wondering why npcs use multiple classes when writers forget their limitations.

Thrall lost his connection to the elements when he "cheated" to kill garrosh? using your elemental powers when your a shaman to fight a warrior isn't cheating though? be like asking a mage to have a knife fight with a rogue?
    Or is this a "he felt it was dishonourable and lost his connection" more than the elements were upset with him? any info on this would be welcome!
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Wait most interesting bit in this wondering why npcs use multiple classes when writers forget their limitations.

Thrall lost his connection to the elements when he "cheated" to kill garrosh? using your elemental powers when your a shaman to fight a warrior isn't cheating though? be like asking a mage to have a knife fight with a rogue?
    Or is this a "he felt it was dishonourable and lost his connection" more than the elements were upset with him? any info on this would be welcome!
    its just "he felt it was dishonourable and lost his connection" as we can see in books about Doomhammer. His shaman abilities are fine, his mind not. If he stops be a pussy and be orc again it will be great. But hey, not in 2020, have a dick is too toxic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    No, he's a Priest, and guess who told us that after the BFA thing? Blizzard.'

So he's still a priest, just that NPCs arent restricted like players.
    Turalyon and Uther were once priests.