Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    From the only layer 6 so far, Skoldus Halls is much easier than Coldheart Interstitial. The first five floors are whatever in both. Just take your time if you can't handle big AoE pulls. But Coldheart is the only wing where the wing quirk actually does anything meaningful on the boss, from what I recall. So if you get shit traits in your run you may not even be able to kill the boss because it has so much more health than the bosses in any other wing.
    well, the one wing has permanent ticking DoT, which is probably gonna be annoying next reset on higher layers for some classes.
    also the wing with increased magic damage taken might be kinda bad too with specific bosses that like to spam aoe spells.

I think we kinda disregard them for now because we have seen them only on the weakest, third layer so far and will be in for a small surprise next reset.

I have finished layer 6 on DH, MM hunter and guardian, personally, I think vengeance was the easiest, had to switch from havoc for coldheart 6, but I haven't tried BM, which is supposed to be godly and my guardian is undergeared, so It might be better, but I can't say for sure

The 4's that I have done as Frost DK have been easy, except the one that I made the mistake of bringing a random Mage with me who wasted 8/9 Deaths, yeah I bought 2 extra becasue they are worthless and cannot heal. I just basically use Death Strike as my Runic Power spender and I can walk through the place with ease. Then there is the Power that gives your Frost damage a chance to 1/4 a mobs health I 4 shotted a final boss on Layer 3 because I had this and also had 50% mastery it was sweet. I also want the super jump built in baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I still fail to see the reason why many players seem to complain about the difficulty, I have no problem whatsoever clearing 6 or even 8 (on beta) with a shaman, did it in both damage specs.
    Only reason I can imagine is, people overpull, don't use ccs/interrupts or always pick dps orbs instead of defensive abilities, which in my opinion are much more powerful and valuable in higher layers.
    A lot of shaman defensives also indirectly feed offensives and become ridiculously overpowered.
    I can get massive amounts of almost permanent mitigation in to 50-80% range, which when you are talking about a spec that has a free tank in earth elemental and a free healer with buffed healing stream totem. Abilities that drop multiple totems (even from off specs), buffs from having totems out, bloodlust from totem(truly the most OD ability in torghast), earth ele reduction, frost shock reduces damage done by 10%, etc... Shaman can fill a ton of roles, it also ironically fixes the issue with enh being too squishy and not have any mitigation.

Shaman is in a way better place than other specs, I rogue as well in torghast and really the only thing you get is high burst and sustain, defensively you get a lower cool down vial (which barely heals as is) and you can get a "into stealth" heal, but seeing as vanish breaks combat, its a useless overall ability. Really the rogue lacks a sustainable defense, unless you get really lucky with some proccs. This isn't to say rogue is weak, it just shows that compared to other classes, shaman defensive abilities tend to feed their offense, which outside of tanks doesn't happen for the dps classes.

Finished as Arms Warrior solo. Hard, but doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup torgast is a long, boring, unoriginal, unrewarding, repetitive, poorly designed joke.

Whatever clown is in charge of torgast needs to be fired right fucking now, or atleast moved to another game.

The required runs for soul ash should take me 20 minutes at the very longest. Make the "endless" floor actually endless and then everyone would be happy. Its current implementation makes me dread doing torgast each week, and I loved it week 1. It's length and repetitive nature is just fucking awrful.

Did it as Unholy DK and Havoc DH. Really depends on what anima powers you get. Had to reset on both due to bad anima power

10+ Year Old Account
    Slogged through Coldheart 6. Fuck that health buff.

got the tree thing last boss, I learned that bosses are immune to taunts after they hit 10 stacks, so I ended up kiting it back and forth until it finally died.

Hope the next time thats on rotation i don't need Soul Ash anymore
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    Yup this works. You have to get pretty lucky to get both of those rare powers though.

I ran layer 5 4x before the rogue buffs and it was literally impossible (never got the above combo though). Ran layers 5 and 6 on both yesterday and it went pretty smoothly, though I got reasonably good anima powers throughout. I think rogue is just very susceptible to RNG because it needs a lot of help in order to do anything, while other classes are just better at tanking damage. If vanish didn't reset a target's health, rogues wouldn't have this problem, but as of now the entire class is balanced around stealth.

i did one of them on my blood dk on layer 6. had to kite the boss around at the end until it died. couldn't finish coldheart layer 6 because some psycho put like 3 elites stacked up all through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    A lot of shaman defensives also indirectly feed offensives and become ridiculously overpowered.
    I can get massive amounts of almost permanent mitigation in to 50-80% range, which when you are talking about a spec that has a free tank in earth elemental and a free healer with buffed healing stream totem. Abilities that drop multiple totems (even from off specs), buffs from having totems out, bloodlust from totem(truly the most OD ability in torghast), earth ele reduction, frost shock reduces damage done by 10%, etc... Shaman can fill a ton of roles, it also ironically fixes the issue with enh being too squishy and not have any mitigation.

Shaman is in a way better place than other specs, I rogue as well in torghast and really the only thing you get is high burst and sustain, defensively you get a lower cool down vial (which barely heals as is) and you can get a "into stealth" heal, but seeing as vanish breaks combat, its a useless overall ability. Really the rogue lacks a sustainable defense, unless you get really lucky with some proccs. This isn't to say rogue is weak, it just shows that compared to other classes, shaman defensive abilities tend to feed their offense, which outside of tanks doesn't happen for the dps classes.
    Rogue defensives in torghast are a joke. I opt for the standard % health over just about every single one of them, the exception being the shadowstep power that gives 15s of evasion, cloak, vial, or feint - but even this is frustratingly subject to RNG, as one of those things is not like the others (read: evasion is the only one remotely useful outside of niche situations).