View Poll Results: Class Finished Layer 6

Voters
836. You may not vote on this poll
  • DK

    75 8.97%
  • Paladin

    113 13.52%
  • Warrior

    56 6.70%
  • Mage

    46 5.50%
  • Priest

    53 6.34%
  • Warlock

    50 5.98%
  • Shaman

    47 5.62%
  • Hunter

    81 9.69%
  • Druid

    108 12.92%
  • Monk

    39 4.67%
  • DH

    55 6.58%
  • Rogue

    29 3.47%
  • Failed at Layer 6

    14 1.67%
  • Didn't try layer 6

    70 8.37%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,416
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Haven't even touched Torghast. We're 3 weeks deep into a 2 year journey. I'm taking my time to get a few levels up, try my hand at PvP, and play on alts while Blizz continues to tune and fix Torghast. I am in no rush. Something the Pandaren taught me 7 years ago.

    Guess u dont want/need a legendary either then.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  2. #162
    Easy on Mistweaver with vivify power, but even without that can usually just self heal and outlast anything. By the time the final boss comes up, I'm usually pretty strong. I do kill everything though. One boss gave me a scare as it lowered my health over time to the point where I was at risk for a one-shot, but he still died first.

    As WW, I had a lot of trouble especially with the ones where adds spawn out of combat. Could be I just got unlucky with powers, but even trying to stay in combat with mawrats and paralyzing stuff, I failed. Since then I tried MW (it's my main spec anyway) and it was so painless I haven't looked back.

    My overall impression is that it's highly variable, and you can get lucky or unlucky, and have a class/spec that's also much or less easier. With everything I need to do to prepare for raiding here at expansion start, I'm happy to have less trouble with this one thing.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    MM hunter privilege checking in.

    Just keep stacking Necrotic Venom. In my Cold Inist run, I ended up with 4 stacks. That means Aimed shot 120% increased damage. Plus Careful Aim, which increases Aimed Shot damage is increased by 50% to targets over 700% hp, and for the elites I use Double-Tap for 100% extra damage on insta-cast 2nd Aimed Shot.

    And don't get me started on the 35% crit damage bonus.
    Quoting you to show a point, this isn't actually directed towards you specifically or arguing with your point:

    I mean all the classes have that perfect storm of abilities they can get if they're lucky. Bm hunter I feel has a legit claim because it honestly doesn't matter what you get - you don't have to point to any one and say "see, with that nothing can stop me". You could get nothing but speed increases on them and they would still faceroll through the place if they use their defensives properly on the odd boss that actually hits them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  4. #164
    Lol torghast is hilariously easy >.<

    Idk if anyone in our guild has even reported mild struggle in there

  5. #165
    Was easy as destro lock ilvl 185.
    Only die if I pull 2-3 nasty elites but most of times it was even then no problem just resuming voidwalker once.

    Tried bosses thinking I would wipe first time not using dps potion. Ended up killing it without using the potion

  6. #166
    Mage here, at final boss I had:
    1. 6+ Mirror images spam casting Greater Pyroblast
    2. Mage Shield barror for 120% of my HP on a 30sec CD
    3. 5% HP regen chance on dmg spells
    4. 300% Lust durration
    5. Multiple haste boosts.

    Yeah, I was invincible.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Keytargonian View Post
    As feral at ilvl 141 it was laughably easy, though that's just the feral/druid solo experience in general which so far the poll seems to reflect so *shrug*
    Man, I thought it was hard as feral, I couldn't even get through level one lol, yet on my DH I can cake walkthrough level six. Care to elaborate on how you did it so others can learn?

  8. #168
    I would say it can be either easy or extremely hard - depending on which boss and what anima powers you get. Had the same boss (cellblock sentinel) on both 4 and 5. Had AMAZING anima powers for that fight on 4 (immune to stuns, big jumps) which made it trivial. had crap powers on my 5 run and boss one shotted me after a few lumbering mights.

    Then I did the other wing (coldheart) on 5 and 6. trash took longer due to HP buff but bosses were easier I can't even recall their names...

    (151 bdk). I really do think it's quite RNG, while some classes are inate better for it.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Moonkin, 170ish

    Layer 2: Easy
    Layer 3: Hard but doable
    Layer 4: Couldn't complete final boss solo, but have done it in a standard 1-1-3 group
    Layer 5: I'm not foolish enough to attempt.
    Go in as Healer with moonkin, take some entangling roots dmg, walk through layer 6 as if it is doing dungeons 20 level below your own.
    Just went in there today (both on layer 6, after ragequitting on layer 6 as boomkin the day before), got quite normal (nothing rare, just stuff like +% dmg on Night Fae burst, entangling roots dot, infinite nature-dot..) anima powers and ran through this easily, nowhere near being dead at all while going through there quite fast (less than 1 hour for both together).
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-15 at 01:25 AM.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's open content and you aren't being given the soul ash you've missed. There's no reason to skip it as it's completely clearable at this point.
    I never said it was impossible. I just don't feel like wearing out the grease on my hamster wheel this early in the expac.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Guess u dont want/need a legendary either then.
    Not right now, no. At the moment I am simply enjoying the expac. At some point, I will wander in there, in some better gear, with mates who need to run it on alts, and I will enjoy it then. But for now... I have other things to do
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  11. #171
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Go in as Healer with moonkin, take some entangling roots dmg, walk through layer 6 as if it is doing dungeons 20 level below your own.
    Just went in there today (both on layer 6, after ragequitting on layer 6 as boomkin the day before), got quite normal (nothing rare, just stuff like +% dmg on Night Fae burst, entangling roots dot, infinite nature-dot..) anima powers and ran through this easily, nowhere near being dead at all while going through there quite fast (less than 1 hour for both together).
    I'm not going anywhere are healer

    The only time I used healing spec, was to get the artifact t in Legion.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm not going anywhere are healer

    The only time I used healing spec, was to get the artifact t in Legion.
    You obviously dont heal enemies dead - you go into moonkin and dps. Easier than going in as moonkin-spec.

  13. #173
    I did it as a fury warrior duo with a moonkin friend. Not sure if it's the tuning issue or my skill issue, but solo I probably wouldn't be able to do it (without their heals).

  14. #174
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,093
    180 VDH - Cleared layer 6, only spot that was kinda rough was the boss (abom with meat hook and lots of bad zones). This was only bad because i had gotten an anima power that slows any enemy that takes fire damage from me, so dragging out of bad zones took a while.

    174 Destro Lock - Cleared Layer 6, took a lot longer than Tank DH and i had to actually think on pulls, but the boss was significantly easier due to my burst.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  15. #175
    Tried level 6 yesterday night on a level 183 rogue. Couln't get past the miniboss guarding the door too floor 6. The f*cker had like 250k hp, was getting enrage buffs like crazy and hit like a truck. I probably could have optimized the talents a bit and maybe have better luck with some powers but I just couldn't down him with stock sub pve talents. Will probably try again today before being too tired to pay enough attention to vendors and powers

  16. #176
    As an Elemental Shaman, if I don't get the right power/buff setup, its a horrible, horrible struggle.

  17. #177
    Any druid. Stacks Roots dot. May be slow but it's been the safest route (in my opinion). My druid dinged 60 Sunday night, and by Monday morning before server reset I had cleared all 6 layers on both sides. First side was done with 133ilvl right after dinging, other side I bought the 151?ilvl gear and did the other side's 6th layer. Easy.

  18. #178
    I still fail to see the reason why many players seem to complain about the difficulty, I have no problem whatsoever clearing 6 or even 8 (on beta) with a shaman, did it in both damage specs.
    Only reason I can imagine is, people overpull, don't use ccs/interrupts or always pick dps orbs instead of defensive abilities, which in my opinion are much more powerful and valuable in higher layers.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Mage here, at final boss I had:
    1. 6+ Mirror images spam casting Greater Pyroblast
    2. Mage Shield barror for 120% of my HP on a 30sec CD
    3. 5% HP regen chance on dmg spells
    4. 300% Lust durration
    5. Multiple haste boosts.

    Yeah, I was invincible.
    except for the fact that you die after the lust wears off

  20. #180
    did it on bm hunter easily. I hate doing it on hunter though because it's so boring. None of the hunters anima powers are cool or fun they're all really lacking compared to other classes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •