Campaign/Threads - "All or Nothing" Attitude from Blizz

Genuinely surprised at the route they took this system.

I'm all for requiring 1 solid playthrough of the campaign, I loved it. I also do fancy the idea that we can skip it, handy for many.

However what I find quite offputting is how Blizz decided this time around on Alts, that you either do the entire Campaign, or none of it at all.

For the player who loathes Maldraxxus but adored Ardenweald in terms of questline, this holds a small issue.
    The bigger problem at hand though, is that trying to level an alt with another player who is doing their first run through, you'd either have to catch up to them in some offline time or start, stop, and go at the same time to keep quest continuity.

If they've blown through Bastion and Maldraxxus, a new alt of an already capped player cannot simply join in their friend's campaign process.
    Not even with Party Sync.

Every quest to start a new zone begins in Oribos, which would make it so damn easy to implement that Threads players can simply still -pick them up for fun.- In the order they'd prefer.

So, what is this? Is Blizzard acting butthurt or something about the way -they- chose to handle non-linear questing in past expansions? It feels like a childish move on their part to restrict anyone who felt like they've had enough with 1 playthrough, to not being able to play any slice of it should they choose Threads.

Again, very "All or Nothing". Can picture some snooty kid saying "If you don't want to play with me & I can't make up the story, we can't play at all!"

Maybe the only real problem here is they don't let you Party Sync with your friend who's doing the Campaign the first time. Way to incentivize social play.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-12-15 at 10:15 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

First playthrough is intended for you to experience the whole story. They should make party sync work though, choosing whoever is the least furthest progressed through it.

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    First playthrough is intended for you to experience the whole story. They should make party sync work though, choosing whoever is the least furthest progressed through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I'm all for requiring 1 solid playthrough of the campaign, I loved it.
    Just to clarify since it seems something was missed.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

If they've blown through Bastion and Maldraxxus, a new alt of an already capped player cannot simply join in their friend's campaign process.
    Not even with Party Sync.
    I've been looking for confirmation of this, which is disappointing. I can also add that Party Sync will not cross the Threads/campaign divide even while both characters are leveling. The person on threads can only help kill things that are present in the standard overworld phase. They won't see anything story relevant that the campaign person sees. A real bummer. We'd killed "Lol see you at the level cap," only to bring it right back again.

My reading comprehension was missing.