Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lol torghast is hilariously easy >.<

Idk if anyone in our guild has even reported mild struggle in there

Was easy as destro lock ilvl 185.
    Only die if I pull 2-3 nasty elites but most of times it was even then no problem just resuming voidwalker once.

Tried bosses thinking I would wipe first time not using dps potion. Ended up killing it without using the potion ������

Mage here, at final boss I had:
    1. 6+ Mirror images spam casting Greater Pyroblast
    2. Mage Shield barror for 120% of my HP on a 30sec CD
    3. 5% HP regen chance on dmg spells
    4. 300% Lust durration
    5. Multiple haste boosts.

Yeah, I was invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Keytargonian View Post
    As feral at ilvl 141 it was laughably easy, though that's just the feral/druid solo experience in general which so far the poll seems to reflect so *shrug*
    Man, I thought it was hard as feral, I couldn't even get through level one lol, yet on my DH I can cake walkthrough level six. Care to elaborate on how you did it so others can learn?

I would say it can be either easy or extremely hard - depending on which boss and what anima powers you get. Had the same boss (cellblock sentinel) on both 4 and 5. Had AMAZING anima powers for that fight on 4 (immune to stuns, big jumps) which made it trivial. had crap powers on my 5 run and boss one shotted me after a few lumbering mights.

Then I did the other wing (coldheart) on 5 and 6. trash took longer due to HP buff but bosses were easier I can't even recall their names...

(151 bdk). I really do think it's quite RNG, while some classes are inate better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Moonkin, 170ish

Layer 2: Easy
    Layer 3: Hard but doable
    Layer 4: Couldn't complete final boss solo, but have done it in a standard 1-1-3 group
    Layer 5: I'm not foolish enough to attempt.
    Go in as Healer with moonkin, take some entangling roots dmg, walk through layer 6 as if it is doing dungeons 20 level below your own.
    Just went in there today (both on layer 6, after ragequitting on layer 6 as boomkin the day before), got quite normal (nothing rare, just stuff like +% dmg on Night Fae burst, entangling roots dot, infinite nature-dot..) anima powers and ran through this easily, nowhere near being dead at all while going through there quite fast (less than 1 hour for both together).
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-15 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's open content and you aren't being given the soul ash you've missed. There's no reason to skip it as it's completely clearable at this point.
    I never said it was impossible. I just don't feel like wearing out the grease on my hamster wheel this early in the expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Guess u dont want/need a legendary either then.
    Not right now, no. At the moment I am simply enjoying the expac. At some point, I will wander in there, in some better gear, with mates who need to run it on alts, and I will enjoy it then. But for now... I have other things to do
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Go in as Healer with moonkin, take some entangling roots dmg, walk through layer 6 as if it is doing dungeons 20 level below your own.
    Just went in there today (both on layer 6, after ragequitting on layer 6 as boomkin the day before), got quite normal (nothing rare, just stuff like +% dmg on Night Fae burst, entangling roots dot, infinite nature-dot..) anima powers and ran through this easily, nowhere near being dead at all while going through there quite fast (less than 1 hour for both together).
    I'm not going anywhere are healer

The only time I used healing spec, was to get the artifact t in Legion.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm not going anywhere are healer

The only time I used healing spec, was to get the artifact t in Legion.
    You obviously dont heal enemies dead - you go into moonkin and dps. Easier than going in as moonkin-spec.

I did it as a fury warrior duo with a moonkin friend. Not sure if it's the tuning issue or my skill issue, but solo I probably wouldn't be able to do it (without their heals).
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    180 VDH - Cleared layer 6, only spot that was kinda rough was the boss (abom with meat hook and lots of bad zones). This was only bad because i had gotten an anima power that slows any enemy that takes fire damage from me, so dragging out of bad zones took a while.

174 Destro Lock - Cleared Layer 6, took a lot longer than Tank DH and i had to actually think on pulls, but the boss was significantly easier due to my burst.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Tried level 6 yesterday night on a level 183 rogue. Couln't get past the miniboss guarding the door too floor 6. The f*cker had like 250k hp, was getting enrage buffs like crazy and hit like a truck. I probably could have optimized the talents a bit and maybe have better luck with some powers but I just couldn't down him with stock sub pve talents. Will probably try again today before being too tired to pay enough attention to vendors and powers

As an Elemental Shaman, if I don't get the right power/buff setup, its a horrible, horrible struggle.

Any druid. Stacks Roots dot. May be slow but it's been the safest route (in my opinion). My druid dinged 60 Sunday night, and by Monday morning before server reset I had cleared all 6 layers on both sides. First side was done with 133ilvl right after dinging, other side I bought the 151?ilvl gear and did the other side's 6th layer. Easy.

I still fail to see the reason why many players seem to complain about the difficulty, I have no problem whatsoever clearing 6 or even 8 (on beta) with a shaman, did it in both damage specs.
    Only reason I can imagine is, people overpull, don't use ccs/interrupts or always pick dps orbs instead of defensive abilities, which in my opinion are much more powerful and valuable in higher layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Mage here, at final boss I had:
    1. 6+ Mirror images spam casting Greater Pyroblast
    2. Mage Shield barror for 120% of my HP on a 30sec CD
    3. 5% HP regen chance on dmg spells
    4. 300% Lust durration
    5. Multiple haste boosts.

Yeah, I was invincible.
    except for the fact that you die after the lust wears off
    Error 404 - Signature not found

did it on bm hunter easily. I hate doing it on hunter though because it's so boring. None of the hunters anima powers are cool or fun they're all really lacking compared to other classes.

Did it as sub rogue. Wasn't too hard just need some luck with powers and the procs for the boss (shadowstep gives evasion/feint/cloak) and you need evasion. Cleared the 750k hp boss with like 6k dps which is low as some runs I could push 10k+. I got extremely lucky with the first 5 shadowsteps giving me evasion so i was able to avoid using my cooldowns until sub 30%.

Been doing it on my alt shaman as resto and its a joke not even that much slower than my rogue honestly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    except for the fact that you die after the lust wears off
    Well I didn't die in Torghast!
    I died right after porting out, was very confusing for a second, lol.

From the only layer 6 so far, Skoldus Halls is much easier than Coldheart Interstitial. The first five floors are whatever in both. Just take your time if you can't handle big AoE pulls. But Coldheart is the only wing where the wing quirk actually does anything meaningful on the boss, from what I recall. So if you get shit traits in your run you may not even be able to kill the boss because it has so much more health than the bosses in any other wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.