Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    i prefer frost, but what in the actual fuck is this...god forbid a dk spec dominate for more than a week in PvE. Can't stand the vision of these developers.

- - - Updated - - -

they didn't need to happen, just buff other specs up. Crazy concept I know.

- - - Updated - - -

right? any time Frost is top 3 it doesnt even last a week. they nerf within a couple days.
    It is indeed troubling. I don't know why these developers think DK being meta for one (1) season is too much when other classes stay meta for the entirety of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    i prefer frost, but what in the actual fuck is this...god forbid a dk spec dominate for more than a week in PvE. Can't stand the vision of these developers.

- - - Updated - - -

they didn't need to happen, just buff other specs up. Crazy concept I know.

- - - Updated - - -

right? any time Frost is top 3 it doesnt even last a week. they nerf within a couple days.
    Normally i would agree with you but they were so far ahead of some specs (25% ish) that if every spec was to that level the content would feel more easy. It made more sense in this instance to knock them down a little than to raise them up.

But yes totally usually i call for buffs not nerfs as thats my mindset on it also.

I must admit i have not levelled my DK yet i am due to do it this week sometime. I think they need some buffs in PVP correct and this is a double whack for those who just PVP if so i can totally see why some people are more than slightly annoyed.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-12-13 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we back to a minimum of Haste to go for? Like around 20% or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    It is indeed troubling. I don't know why these developers think DK being meta for one (1) season is too much when other classes stay meta for the entirety of the expansion.
    It's been because of Wrath when DKs were over the top OP. It's been about ten years since Wrath ended...it's time to stop punishing the class every time it's at the top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we just make Frost the PVP spec then? I should just be unkillable in PVP, this is dumb. Icebound Fortitude should be on like a 30 second CD for FDK and make chillstreak do like 200% more damage.

I hate how only 1 DK spec is allowed to dominate anything at any given time, so stupid.

Unholy gets a nerf but balance druids that do just about the same amount of dps got no nerfs >.> gg blizz. I understand that it is a small nerf but nerfs are never fun especially when they had months to test this before it was even live.
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2020-12-14 at 10:09 PM.

I for one am totally okay with UH being a top PvE dps spec, though that alone won't likely give them a spot in many top end comps for raid and M+.

If Anti Magic Zone had more fights where it was useful that would be great, but as it stands every UH main I know is gearing a Hunter or Boomkin for Mythic prep. Sad days for DKs

Classes
    Tank Specializations
    Threat generation for all Tanks increased by 10%.
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Unholy
    Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.
    Blood
    Blood Boil damage increased by 10%.
    Heart Strike damage increased by 15%.
    Marrowrend damage increased by 10%.
    Death Strike damage increased by 5%.

This post was posted first and does label them as Blood DK abilities according to the front page of MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    It's only a total of a 3-5% nerf overall.

Considering we're currently about 15% ahead of #2 ... that isn't much of a nerf at all.
    15%....? what metrics are you looking at?

Balance druid was only 1-2% behind Unholy DK after a week of runs. And nothing was done to their spec, even though both of those classes are still a good bit above others.

Nah fuck that noise.

Death Knights should be number one in Shadowlands, it's basically homecoming, except the prom queen committed genocide.

But on a serious note, I don't see this changing much in terms of overall gameplay and decision making.

The developers that tune DKs are shitty at playing DKs also. Remember the ka-boom in Legion pre-patch?

Last edited by Heartlessnobody; 2020-12-15 at 01:39 AM. Reason: links need links

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify for everyone this is not a huge nerf. Mastery effectiveness is reduced by 20%, not mastery itself.

That is to say that if you have 30% mastery, which would increase your shadow and pet damage by 30%, now it will increase that damage by 24%.
    (30% x 0.2 = 6% nerf to shadow and pet damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Radisss View Post
    You do know the nerf was smaller than 5%, right?

Let me clarify.
    [With regional restarts] Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.

Your mastery wasn't nerfed by 15%, it was nerfed by 15% in effectiveness. You lost like 3% overall damage after this nerf, i'm sure the DK's rocking it at the top will survive this
    This ^^ right here. I wish folks actually read and knew what the % they complain about actually mean....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    I wasn't a surprised we got a nerf either; just surprised what the actual nerf ended up being. I was banking on a 5% damage reduction across the board or something.
    Its actually less than 5%, closer to a 3% overall mastery nerf. Not at all what you guys/gals are thinking. Re-read the post.

Edited to add - Actually with latest update it looks like its now closer to 5%.
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2020-12-15 at 04:51 AM.

Its now 20% reduced effectiveness..

Will this change our main stat back to haste?

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    O-U-C-H!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Unholy

[With regional restarts] Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.

I mean, I agree that Unholy needed something to tuned down.

But I also feel that is a very steep nerf especially since the Mastery changed in Shadowlands. Will this mean we will see Haste and Versatility move up on the stat priority?

Will the Eternal Hunger:

(Dark Transformation's duration is increased by 3 sec and your Minion damage is increased by 3.0%)

Potency Conduit become even more important to get?

Overall I believe Unholy will be fine and still be "upper tier" DPS in raids and M+ but... 15%... jeeeeeeeeeeeze.
    As far ahead as UH was to all the other classes... even to the 2nd highest DPS im not sure how anyone can be shocked at this.

Just because we can cast spells and have a darkish theme going on doesn't make us spriests silly.

Reading all these posts about how OP UH is right now makes me cry abit on the inside for not being able to play it for my life. Only used UH 3 times during entire WoW...mage tower in legion, sleep canister boss solo and aggramar solo. Not to mention blood is bottom feeder but gets buffed in a few hours :-)

Wow, UH actually got a 20% nerf and not 15%

Also, where are all the blood buffs gone?
    Last edited by leorana; 2020-12-15 at 05:37 AM.

This person says like Wrath didnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This person says like Wrath didnt exist.
    So what? Wrath was the only expansion where they were meta from start to finish. After that, it was a downhill spiral.
    Demon Hunters were meta in the entirety of both Legion and BFA, we didn't complain.

Wow, it keeps increasing...
    Last edited by Your Mommy; 2020-12-15 at 05:36 AM.

Urgh. I was fine with those 15% but adding another 5% on top just adds insult to injury.
    Heavens forbid Unholy DKs are actually leading the dmg meter once every few expansions.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-12-15 at 06:23 AM.

So what? Wrath was the only expansion where they were meta from start to finish. After that, it was a downhill spiral.
    Demon Hunters were meta in the entirety of both Legion and BFA, we didn't complain.

Wow, it keeps increasing...
    Oh i complained both times.

It's not ok for any spec to be OP.

This is tuning, UH will still be good.