Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who tf designs this class

I genuinely started thinking that they are holding back warlock on purpose to be a lackluster class. They are throwing OP abilities left and right but when it comes to warlock they are as careful as walking on thin ice to make the class NOT fun. Absolutely nothing was added in this expansion except soul-rot for affli, rest is 2.5 sec cast trash and filler spells. It blows my mind how a class which has this much depth recieves so less attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, this thread is about you wanting an OP ability?

Warlock is the only class that feels balanced in this expansion tbh

Every other class got some bullshit gimmick ability

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

Warlocks are anything but balanced, especially in pvp. A player utilizing curses could do something if they're not focused. But affliction is a clunky mess and demo requires too much casting in this horror that is Melee land.

Warlocks recieved portals back but in practice theyre useless because of how melee have evolved overtime with gap closers and speed boosts. Not only is Demon Armor a PvP Talent that should be baseline for all warlocks, but our damage is underperforming for the work that is dished out through affliction and demo-- and our survivability is laughable if you plan to play anything other than demo (which doesnt even have demon armor) if you're able to perfectly time your felguard stun.

Affliction has to manage like 5-6 dots that barely stay on because of the terrible gimmick that is summon darkglare. We used to have longer dots before that ability existed and "extended our dots". It does something that we've already been able to do without it.

It's like warlock design goes backwards rather than forward.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    Warlocks are anything but balanced, especially in pvp. A player utilizing curses could do something if they're not focused. But affliction is a clunky mess and demo requires too much casting in this horror that is Melee land.

Warlocks recieved portals back but in practice theyre useless because of how melee have evolved overtime with gap closers and speed boosts. Not only is Demon Armor a PvP Talent that should be baseline for all warlocks, but our damage is underperforming for the work that is dished out through affliction and demo-- and our survivability is laughable if you plan to play anything other than demo (which doesnt even have demon armor) if you're able to perfectly time your felguard stun.

Affliction has to manage like 5-6 dots that barely stay on because of the terrible gimmick that is summon darkglare. We used to have longer dots before that ability existed and "extended our dots". It does something that we've already been able to do without it.

It's like warlock design goes backwards rather than forward.
    I kid you not, i was in arena the other day against a hunter and a rogue. The rogue went for me and as soon as i got stunned from stealth, i popped all defensive cds i had, only to be killed in 3, yes, 3 seconds.
    I couldn't do ONE spell.
    And no, the hunter didn't even attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    I kid you not, i was in arena the other day against a hunter and a rogue. The rogue went for me and as soon as i got stunned from stealth, i popped all defensive cds i had, only to be killed in 3, yes, 3 seconds.
    I couldn't do ONE spell.
    And no, the hunter didn't even attack me.
    Problem here is rogue in PvP, not warlock design....

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Problem here is rogue in PvP, not warlock design....
    All other casters have ways to deal with that. So yes... it is warlock design.
    Don't get me wrong rogues are overtuned right now, but other casters have means to deal with survivability now.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares about pvp, kids.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

not only sub rogue, also all melee smash the jaw in few seconds

i hit a retri for 32 agony, retri hit me for 17k templar verdict. Balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Nobody cares about pvp, kids.
    they cannot make classes that oneshot you in a global, while "defending" you with agony 32 LOL damage.

Not being able to balance is one thing, it is another thing to do absurd things and not remedy.

It's like going to war with a sling, i pay exactly every month like a rogue or another melee (and some casters) to play this.

When ppl play an op class and think that other classes are more op and wants to be more op.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    When ppl play an op class and think that other classes are more op and wants to be more op.
    no one, i think, want to be "OP", but blizzard cannot present certain classes in pvp and pve

i pay 12.99 eur/month like a sub rogue or a retri. Can i have a class "playable"?
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2020-12-14 at 01:30 PM.

My biggest issue is that, to me, the affliction warlock rotation feels awful. Managing, at some points 7 dots while trying to keep up the shadows embrace debuff and get some then throw in any adds that spawn and trying to get some dots out to them while keeping everything up on main target and getting raptures off while you have extra dots out for some cleave or AoE. It just feels bad. It takes a lot more work than a lot of other classes and there is no reward (good dps) for all the effort put into it, compared to other classes that press 3 buttons to do more damage.

Edit: admittedly, I haven't played my aff lock since MoP, but I much preferred that iteration.

I just want Demonology to actually be good. Affliction is so boring and Destro is somehow more boring than Arcane mage.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Warlock is balanced for mythic plus as fuck lol are you dumb?

Balanced my ass...LoL. Affliction AOE is trash. Dot's barely tick for shit. No, this class is NOT balanced at all.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Affliction is more about having good friends, if u dont u lose.

Sub rogues dont need friends, if they dont they win anyways.

Who tf designs this class? Definitely not Xelnath.

Well, lets look few months back... I can still feel those Chaos Bolts... Warlocks had their whole year of fucking people up

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, lets look few months back... I can still feel those Chaos Bolts... Warlocks had their whole year of fucking people up
    You *LET* a warlock cast Chaos Bolt? Oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Who tf designs this class? Definitely not Xelnath.
    Your sig pretty much sums up how demo feels in raids atm with a aff lock in there with you. It would be nice if I could run demo in mythic CN and not feel like I'm getting the "stink eye" from my fellow raiders lol.