Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Continuing Game of Thrones after they had advanced past the books. They should never have written the early seasons so quickly. A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords could have been 3 seasons each.

I really enjoy the books prior to the HBO series and when I first saw HBO was making a series I was looking forward to it. The first 3 seasons I enjoyed a lot too. But then it got worse and worse...
    "It's a big club. And you ain't in it. It is also the club they use to beat you with." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gundam 00

The first 14 episodes were great when it was about four guys with the entire world coming after them. It was a high stakes thriller and I watched every episode eager to find out how the various superpowers were going to try to capture the Gundams and how the heroes would escape. Then episode 15 introduced the three Gundam pilot antagonists and it lost all the stakes as they bailed out the heroes and the nations became irrelevant as the story turned into good hero gundams vs evil gundams and their alien worshipping cult.
    IMO the worst decision for Gundam 00 came in the form of the 2nd season when the series just became a clone of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Alaws take the place of the Titans, and of course, Celestial Being is the AEUG. But that's just my opinion.

Though, season 2 did have its moments.

There's a lot of good arguments here, but I don't think anything will ever top GoT going from a potential enterprise similar in scope to Harry Potter to a show that no one even talks about anymore except to bitch.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

When Star Trek started doing prequel shows and movies.

Yeah ok and GoT season 8. But once I am over that I will probably enjoy the show again; in 10 years maybe I am ready to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    When Star Trek started doing prequel shows and movies.
    The new Star Trek movies are so good, though!
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Cancellation of Carnivale

The subplot of the last season of The Wire. Absolutely silly, given how great the rest of the series was.

Transformers G1 : Killing Optimus Prime in The Movie

Game of Thrones, basically anything they did past where the books were at. The story was bad and it was rushed. Arya killing the Night King and Brann winning in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    So that’s the message you got from it? Strange. My take was “racist white people=bad, not racist white people=good.” The only reason I can see to you feeling so attacked would be.....
    its so overdone that it's basically a trope now that only white people can be racist. Trying to imply that person you're replying to may be one is kinda sad of you :/

The Glades got canceled, and the way it ended it's last episode was the worst I've ever experienced.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

GoT is the obvious one but I have to add couple entries:

Turnin Lost into weird sci-fi after promising start and the ending overall
    The final scene of Sons of Anarchy.

Killing Joffrey Baratheon.

The end of I am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Transformers G1: Everything past season 1
    FTFY.

But seriously, killing Prime off in the movie isn't the problem. Story advances, and what not. The worst decision to come from that event was not allowing Rodimus Prime to develop in to a good leader like he could have been, but rather bringing Optimus back at the end of season 3 and getting rid of every emotional impact that the movie had.

I say this, KNOWING you will disagree with me. But I found Optimus to be a very VERY bland character. Season 3 could have been so much better had Rodimus not gone through an emo phase as a crappy segway to bring back Optimus.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    FTFY.

But seriously, killing Prime off in the movie isn't the problem. Story advances, and what not. The worst decision to come from that event was not allowing Rodimus Prime to develop in to a good leader like he could have been, but rather bringing Optimus back at the end of season 3 and getting rid of every emotional impact that the movie had.

I say this, KNOWING you will disagree with me. But I found Optimus to be a very VERY bland character. Season 3 could have been so much better had Rodimus not gone through an emo phase as a crappy segway to bring back Optimus.

Developing Rodimus would have not saved the G1 franchise after the movie, it was already doomed from the start of S3 after killing everyone in The Movie. And bringing Prime back at the end of the season was already too late, the dammage was done
    I'm not going to take it personnal when you say Prime was blanted, Most of the G1 character were blanted with the exeption of a few like maybe Megatron, Starscream.
    Blame it on the evil savage capitalism who wanted to kill all the old characters so they could (sell) replace them with new toys

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Give GoT to Dumb & Dumber
    Supernatural going for more than 5 seasons
    Star Wars being sold to Disney (though they are kinda redeeming themselves with these new announcements)
    I swear these where the first three ones that came to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Homeland killing off the main character and the best actor it had.

Leaving it with a crazy women going more and more batshit insane with each season.

That show just completely fucked itself..
    I mean, I don't think the dude was the greatest actor. And his story was hard to watch with how quickly he switched to being a sleeper....

..but I agree that the Carrie character just grew more dumb and dumb each season. When someone kills the Vice President and tells you, and you WORK FOR THE CIA, you don't help him escape and become a refugeee...because you "love" him, even though you met him like, a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsu View Post
    GoT is the obvious one but I have to add couple entries:

Turnin Lost into weird sci-fi after promising start and the ending overall
    The final scene of Sons of Anarchy.
    I'd argue LOST started as kind of a weird sci-fi, and then became pseudo-religious/spiritual at the end. I liked the Dharma Initiative stuff, tbh, but the Jacob/Man in Black stuff was just......meh.

"Now You See Me 2"
    Bad idea all around, and it completely undid the first movie, which was very entertaining.

The Inbetweeners US: It's a complete dumpster fire. The original UK version was better and funnier.

Firefly being out of episodic order and then being cancelled.

Heroes becoming increasingly stale with every season. Sylar being redeemed was cool though, but that remake was terrible.

The Charmed remake. There was no need for it to exist. It's an abomination and a middle finger to the original.

Shiva's death in The Walking Dead.

That one cop in The Shield who killed a stray cat. When I saw the same actor get killed in Sons of Anarchy S1 I was happy (Jax head shot him).

Daredevil on Netflix. Making young Bullseye murder a bunch of kittens. So glad the show is cancelled now. It stunk anyway. But I will agree it's still better than the movie, sans the aforementioned kitten killer.

(It's obviously not shown. It was implied that he did the deed by a chat he had with some therapist)
    Last edited by Xorzor; 2020-12-30 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Game of Thrones, basically anything they did past where the books were at. The story was bad and it was rushed. Arya killing the Night King and Brann winning in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

its so overdone that it's basically a trope now that only white people can be racist. Trying to imply that person you're replying to may be one is kinda sad of you :/
    well to be fair,a few things in the show were done better than in the books,like ignoring some extremly booring or long winded pointless plotpoints,and the ending is very likely to be the same or mostly similar in the books,the problem was how the show got to those points