Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Kind of hard to see coming something that wasn't happening. Losing trust, for example, isn't the same as going psycho without proper reasoning or explanation.
    And there are way more instances of Daenerys acting in a good, noble, and pure way.

Yes, in season 3 she sacks the city of Astapor. But, in that same season, she also frees the Unsullied, gives them the choice to follow her or not, proclaims that she will never spill the blood of innocents, frees the people of Yunkai, and is visibly happy that she is loved by the people, etc.

But she said once that she'll burn cities to the ground so now it totally makes sense that she goes from "protector of the world" to "destroyer of the world" in two episodes. Because this is literally what happened. Episode 3: Daenerys risks her life to save the world from the White Walkers. Episode 5: Daenerys, ugh, "goes mad".

I'm so happy that GoT has disappeared from public memory.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Last two seasons of GoT.

Last season of scrubs don't exists.

Simpsons after, I don't know. Season 12? Too long run.

Supernatural. Too long run. First four season are gold.

Dexter. Seasons after rita died pretty much.

The witcher. SJW and blackwashing just to be woke.

The dark tower. I love Idris Elba (luther <3) but come on!

Star wars and Star trek. Giving power to SJW.

Jack ryan, second season. First one was enjoyable, second season was just a big joke.

Tons of show that were shit from start and too far from original concept/script that would take ages to list.

Anything that variates from good script/description in story that I care is automaticly utter trash for me. Different voice actors etc.
    For some blackwash might work since I don't care about them, like marvel. Marvel movies are for drunk-watching and I never got in to most american comics but I have to say I wish as nordic that they never made thor-stuff.

Donald duck/mickey mouse, mostly translated Topolino. Publishing any of Silvia Ziche works.
    New ducktale comic/series is trash too.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-14 at 04:11 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    ... what does Dungeons and Dragons have to do with that show?
    The show runners David Benioff & D. B. Weiss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing off/retiring/writing out the main character of a show. At that point just end the show because it's all downhill from there.

Examples:

Ragnar in Vikings
    Fiona in Shameless

Homeland killing off the main character and the best actor it had.

Leaving it with a crazy women going more and more batshit insane with each season.

That show just completely fucked itself.

Next to that - for me - its killing off Ragnar in vikings. I didnt know it at the time but he was apparently the main attraction of the show for me.

Edit:

As for GOT i'm not 100% sure how to explain that as a descision. Its more just two of the most ungratefull people i've ever heard of. They where literally given gold, and they shat on it believing they could make gold themselves. Only to find out people arent very forgiving when you ruin their favorite things.

Karma, karma, karma.

The PG13 ratings slapped on movies/shows would make for a list hundreds of titles long already.
    One of the most egregious examples in recent films: Robin Hood. X character gets his arm cut clean off by an entirely regular sharp object. Zero.Bleeding. It's a shit movie, but that's where I stopped watching as I'd decided initially to give it a chance. PG13 in itself isn't a bad rating, but I find it horrid when their aim is to tackle very difficult and violent subject matters, only to then also make sure that kids can watch it despite the many fights and shootings and whatnot...

Any show that's cancelled "just because lol", especially without making sure to wrap up the show first. Most recent example for me: Santa Clarita Diet. As if Netflix hadn't been able to afford a finishing season...

Annoying kids. I much prefer kids that are NOT annoying little shits. The Incredibles 2 is downright grating whenever that obnoxious middle boy is in frame.

Shows going on forever and ever and ever... When they start offing the characters that the show began with because they're dragging the show out to a point where contracts run out, I stop following. I'll read a summary on TWD when it finishes. Although to be fair, I was kinda over the show when they killed Shane (one of my fav actors)...

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Lol. Why is it that whenever I see someone use the phrases "woke" or "SJW" is a non-ironic way, it will be immediately followed by a completely idiotic statement? "This series I didn't watch was a complete disaster" Ok dude.
    Because people afraid of social justice (which most of them benefit from as we speak) and awareness of the struggles marginalized groups face, are rarely very bright. Fear is an amazing tool for Fascism to utilize, for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Everything involving Daenerys Targaryen and (to a lesser degree) the Night King in the last season.

Not accepting the money to make 2 more seasons, because everyone (including the writer who created the entire fucking franchise) knew that only 6 episodes were not enough to tell the ending.

I will let you figure out what show I am talking about.
    Man tell me about it...I am still salty as hell because of that.....GoT had the potential to be the best I am serious THE BEST tv show in the world history (I have been watching a lot of tv shows and movies since the early 80s so not anything impress me anymore), but they ruined it after season 4 things started to fall apart and the last two seasons were the last nail in the coffin.

I also think the cancellation of Stargate franchise is annoying as hell specially the cliffhanger we got at the end of Atlantis series (SG1 is my favorite of all time). I pretend that universe didn't exist tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I also think the cancellation of Stargate franchise is annoying as hell specially the cliffhanger we got at the end of Atlantis series (SG1 is my favorite of all time). I pretend that universe didn't exist tbh.
    Well Universe was very, very slow at the beginning with a few useless episodes here and there, but I really enjoyed the second half of Season 2. Had me hooked, just for that to stop abruptly. It could have been a great show I think, I overall enjoyed the characters there and the mystery about the Destiny's mission could have held our breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well Universe was very, very slow at the beginning with a few useless episodes here and there, but I really enjoyed the second half of Season 2. Had me hooked, just for that to stop abruptly. It could have been a great show I think, I overall enjoyed the characters there and the mystery about the Destiny's mission could have held our breath.
    Yes but still can't compare it to the legendary SG1 tbh even Atlantis is not as great as SG1 and I still enjoyed Atlantis a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Making the Watchmen TV show about wokeness and "white man bad, black man good" propaganda.

Whenever I was surfing channels and HBO came up and Watchmen was on, I just rolled my eyes and changed the channel. No wonder the show was ended after just one season.

Discussing forbidden topics is against the rules. Infracted.
    So that’s the message you got from it? Strange. My take was “racist white people=bad, not racist white people=good.” The only reason I can see to you feeling so attacked would be.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Continuing Game of Thrones after they had advanced past the books. They should never have written the early seasons so quickly. A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, and A Storm of Swords could have been 3 seasons each.

I really enjoy the books prior to the HBO series and when I first saw HBO was making a series I was looking forward to it. The first 3 seasons I enjoyed a lot too. But then it got worse and worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gundam 00

The first 14 episodes were great when it was about four guys with the entire world coming after them. It was a high stakes thriller and I watched every episode eager to find out how the various superpowers were going to try to capture the Gundams and how the heroes would escape. Then episode 15 introduced the three Gundam pilot antagonists and it lost all the stakes as they bailed out the heroes and the nations became irrelevant as the story turned into good hero gundams vs evil gundams and their alien worshipping cult.
    IMO the worst decision for Gundam 00 came in the form of the 2nd season when the series just became a clone of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Alaws take the place of the Titans, and of course, Celestial Being is the AEUG. But that's just my opinion.

Though, season 2 did have its moments.

There's a lot of good arguments here, but I don't think anything will ever top GoT going from a potential enterprise similar in scope to Harry Potter to a show that no one even talks about anymore except to bitch.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

When Star Trek started doing prequel shows and movies.

Yeah ok and GoT season 8. But once I am over that I will probably enjoy the show again; in 10 years maybe I am ready to watch it again.

Cancellation of Carnivale

The subplot of the last season of The Wire. Absolutely silly, given how great the rest of the series was.

Transformers G1 : Killing Optimus Prime in The Movie

Game of Thrones, basically anything they did past where the books were at. The story was bad and it was rushed. Arya killing the Night King and Brann winning in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    So that’s the message you got from it? Strange. My take was “racist white people=bad, not racist white people=good.” The only reason I can see to you feeling so attacked would be.....
    its so overdone that it's basically a trope now that only white people can be racist. Trying to imply that person you're replying to may be one is kinda sad of you :/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Glades got canceled, and the way it ended it's last episode was the worst I've ever experienced.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

GoT is the obvious one but I have to add couple entries:

Turnin Lost into weird sci-fi after promising start and the ending overall
    The final scene of Sons of Anarchy.