Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wanna health, happiness and family

I wish for old blizz to come back.

same here, health and love are wealth

Figure out wth I should be doing in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I wish everyone had to live with symptoms of IBS for a week so they'd understand why I don't enjoy spontaneous trips to new places.
    I wish people would understand gastro issues are kind of a huge deal.

“Why can’t you go out” a friend used to say crossly.

Meanwhile I am on the toilet for the fifth time within an hour near passing out as my pressure drops. Throw in joint pain, fever, chills body aches and fatigue and it is no fun.

Imagine the flares during a pandemic “omg is this covid?” Has already happened a few times since the pandemic started.

Not ibs, UC so ibd but it’s in the same vein.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-12-21 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

My perfect "immaterial" Christmas presents would be hugs and kisses from the woman I love. Sadly, work schedule for both of us is insanely packed and travel is difficult now. Looks like we will be spending these "holidays" (yeah, 12 hour work days with no days off for 2 weeks, holidays...) separately. I am sad.

That the "soulless ones" will progress spiritually so that they are more in touch with their higher selves and would not do cruel, stupid or destructive things.

I wish everyone had to live with symptoms of IBS for a week so they'd understand why I don't enjoy spontaneous trips to new places.
    I know that feel bro. People keep telling me "just don't think about it", "it's all in your mind dude" and shit.

I wish for more threads like this: simultaneously sad and uplifting, empathetic, oddly intimate, with a throughline about farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    I know that feel bro. People keep telling me "just don't think about it", "it's all in your mind dude" and shit.
    I'm normally not a violent person but that shit literally makes me want to punch them in a belly a few times so that they could feel a fraction of what some of those flareups can feel like. and then as they are bent over in pain, tell them as patronizingly as possible - just don't think about it, its all in your mind!.

Bro just watch what you eat lmao. Just don't eat stuff that causes you gas or whatever you complain about lol.

Bro just watch what you eat lmao. Just don't eat stuff that causes you gas or whatever you complain about lol.
    I thought you had IBS, dude.. sometimes even while doing your best and avoiding trigger foods (which you have to make some effort to figure out, cause some foods are only triggering if you get past tolerable amount so one day you could eat something and be fine, and the next day, that same food causes you to suffer) - still get a flareup and stuck having nothing but blandest broth for the next few days, cause its the only thing your body can tolerate at that point.

I thought the whole point of complaining about spontaneous travel was that with IBS - you have to plan where, when and what you eat , or literally suffer the consequences?

IBS is manageable. but that's exactly the thing - it requires constant consistent management and planning to reduce symptoms as much as possible. it doesn't just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I thought you had IBS, dude.. sometimes even while doing your best and avoiding trigger foods (which you have to make some effort to figure out, cause some foods are only triggering if you get past tolerable amount so one day you could eat something and be fine, and the next day, that same food causes you to suffer) - still get a flareup and stuck having nothing but blandest broth for the next few days, cause its the only thing your body can tolerate at that point.

I thought the whole point of complaining about spontaneous travel was that with IBS - you have to plan where, when and what you eat , or literally suffer the consequences?

IBS is manageable. but that's exactly the thing - it requires constant consistent management and planning to reduce symptoms as much as possible. it doesn't just go away.
    I was just parodying the comments I usually get.

I was just parodying the comments I usually get.
    ah gotcha. I may be feeling a little sensitive at the moment and annoyed cause the most recent batch of garlic infused oil I got (the only way I can have the flavor of garlic nowadays) has barely any garlic flavor in it >_> stupid supermarket switching brands on me... /grumblegrumble

I just wish all the covid nonsense was over, not just the virus but the politicization surrounding it. But, going by the OP's example, sometimes I wish everyone could experience at least one full day of what living with major depressive disorder is like so maybe there'd finally be more understanding and less ignorant comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I may be feeling a little sensitive at the moment and annoyed cause the most recent batch of garlic infused oil I got (the only way I can have the flavor of garlic nowadays) has barely any garlic flavor in it >_>
    Have you tried balsamic vinegar? I've just recently started using them and one of the flavors I got is garlic, it's really strong.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just wish all the covid nonsense was over, not just the virus but the politicization surrounding it. But, going by the OP's example, sometimes I wish everyone could experience at least one full day of what living with major depressive disorder is like so maybe there'd finally be more understanding and less ignorant comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried balsamic vinegar? I've just recently started using them and one of the flavors I got is garlic, it's really strong.
    I live on balsamic vinegar in a lot of things (in fact, thanks for reminder, going to need to replenish it soon as well) but it also adds sourness, and I don't always want sourness in every savory thing I eat..

also "have you tried yoga and not being depressed? " /hide (sorry, sorry, just doing the - these are the comments people make sometimes thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If we're just talking about for myself (aside from general health/happiness for everyone, etc)? I'm planning a 4-day weekend, and not getting a single call from work for the entire 4 days would be nice.
    A 4 day weekend would be sweet!

Snow.. I never get snow for Christmas.. waaaaah! Last time was in 2010 and it was magical.

Very wishful thinking. I wish everyone health, happiness and prosperity.