Question Do I change to Kyrian now or do I expect a nerf?

I am a simple man. I also want to apply (literally) one-shot in PVP.
    It's official: The kyrian's Echoing Reprimand skill is making a huge difference.

I chose Necrolord simply because I loved everything about them and I definitely didn't like the Kyrians because this is the Covenant that least matches the "class-fantasy" of a rogue (imo) ..... but as a subtlety rogue I want to have the biggest burst and kill the target as quickly as possible ... and this is what the Kyrians' skill is doing in BGs, arenas and the world PVP.
    Is it a good idea to switch to Kyrian now ... or is Echoing Reprimand likely to be nerfed to the bone ... just like happened to Serrated Bone Spike?
    What do u think?

Even if it gets nerfed, it won´t be as weak as the other three (cries in Venthyr)

I personally feel it is a little too rng dependent to be reliable. The "minigame" of getting the exact right CP to make use of it is, personally, too distracting for PvP.

What most people don't understand is that the choice of covenant is a lot less impactful than people think.

What buttons you press and how you move has 5 times more impact on your performance. I am not familiar with that kyrian thing for rogues, but in general I think you should never switch to a covenant just because of one ability.

Bones, necromancers, and fighting a person directly is more rogue like than sending intel all over the place?

The Discordant set looks a thousand times more roguish than the rotting flesh leather set.

OT- might as well try switching now either they nerf it fast and you can switch back to necro quickly after having some fun with the ability or you get to use it for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    I personally feel it is a little too rng dependent to be reliable. The "minigame" of getting the exact right CP to make use of it is, personally, too distracting for PvP.
    Its damage in pvp is mainly from the ability itself not the 7pt finisher, which is really just a minor bonus. Post-nerf it still crits for about 6k. Personally I don't see sub or kyrian getting nerfed in pvp anymore, since at the sharp end of pvp it's really not that overpowered since the burst requires so many cooldowns lining up and is easily countered. More likely to see nerfs to other classes.

But I mean if you are serious about pvp surely you should have chosen kyrian in the first place since we knew it was great in pvp for months before launch?

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Personally I don't see sub or kyrian getting nerfed in pvp anymore, since at the sharp end of pvp it's really not that overpowered since the burst requires so many cooldowns lining up and is easily countered.
    This didn't age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I am a simple man
    We know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I also want to apply (literally) one-shot in PVP.
    Blizzard never should have "invited" (via dumbing down and terrible redesigns) players like you to the Subtlety spec in the first place.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    We know.

Blizzard never should have "invited" (via dumbing down and terrible redesigns) players like you to the Subtlety spec in the first place.
    I love the quote in your signature. What I mostly love about it is the irony, that your opinions fall into the "others" category.