Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you resto druids go resto in Torghast?

Hi!

I am a resto druid, but I am not sure if I should go resto or balance for Torghast. Did the Jaina quest as resto and the mobs had very low hp.
    What would you guys recommend doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    The quest version of Torghast seem to only be at layer 1 difficulty, I wouldn't recommend doing Torghast proper as resto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I go in as resto with balance affinity. I hunt for the entangling roots power that does like 2.5k damage every second while rooted. Once I have that I stop dps'ing and just let roots kill stuff 1 by 1. I usually end the run with around 4-6 stacks of it, which will 1-2 shot most enemies when you're running as a healer or tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The quest version of Torghast seem to only be at layer 1 difficulty, I wouldn't recommend doing Torghast proper as resto.
    Resto/Guardian is better I think. Mobs do much less damage and have much less health. I find I can get through layer 6 as a resto in about 20 minutes if I manage to get a few roots powers early.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Not sure what kinds of buffs you would get , but you can always try my resto druid is only 53 , but on guardian druid i had no problem only very slow dps , i think you will do just fine switching to cat form in healling spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I go in as resto with balance affinity. I hunt for the entangling roots power that does like 2.5k damage every second while rooted. Once I have that I stop dps'ing and just let roots kill stuff 1 by 1. I usually end the run with around 4-6 stacks of it, which will 1-2 shot most enemies when you're running as a healer or tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Resto/Guardian is better I think. Mobs do much less damage and have much less health. I find I can get through layer 6 as a resto in about 20 minutes if I manage to get a few roots powers early.
    How do you handle the floor 6 bosses as resto? Do you just pop Heart of the Wild and hope to kill them in that window?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    How do you handle the floor 6 bosses as resto? Do you just pop Heart of the Wild and hope to kill them in that window?
    Oh I pick up other powers along the way, mainly convoke powers, plus some of the 60% DoT powerups and other things for moonfire damage.

I drop moonfire/sunfire and then roots. Spam wrath. When roots breaks, recast, and then recast a third time. At that point the boss is DR locked for 18 seconds, so I drop into bear form and hit convoke. Then I just sit and tank it until either it dies or the roots DR is up, then repeat. Note: I always manage to get 1-2 of the powers that lets roots take 300% more damage until breaking. If you weren't able to get one of those, don't deal any damage while roots is up.

The damage is negligible in bear form, plus you can always heal yourself while they're rooted. Also convoke will usually give you some ironfur and HoTs.

It took me 26 seconds last night on the layer 6 Skoldus boss and 19 seconds on the layer 6 Coldheart boss. I was keeping track because I wanted to see how quickly they die. Neither of them lived long enough to get a second round of roots.

My Skoldus run I had only 4 of the bramble powers, and 1 of the 50% dmg while convoke is going. Maybe 2-3 of the 60% increased DoT power while on a single target. Most other stuff was just random small buffs, nothing major.

Coldheart was a lot better. Had 7 bramble powers, 2 prowl powers (roots out of stealth for 50% more dmg), 3 of the 50% convoke powers, and 2 of the 33% DoT powerups. Plus a smattering of other small buffs.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-12-13 at 06:46 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Oh I pick up other powers along the way, mainly convoke powers, plus some of the 60% DoT powerups and other things for moonfire damage.
    So you run that in resto spec or guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by internalwalrus View Post
    Hi!

I am a resto druid, but I am not sure if I should go resto or balance for Torghast. Did the Jaina quest as resto and the mobs had very low hp.
    What would you guys recommend doing?
    Both is viable. You just have to be smart with picking traits and don't take bullshit that does not build on each other.
    Easiest is as always tank.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Both is viable. You just have to be smart with picking traits and don't take bullshit that does not build on each other.
    Easiest is as always tank.
    Eh, didn't find it noticeably easier than Moonkin. Though admittedly on my last moonkin run i also had well over 60k health and affinity stones, so dying was rather hard.

Druids seem to have a fairly easy time with it in general.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, didn't find it noticeably easier than Moonkin. Though admittedly on my last moonkin run i also had well over 60k health and affinity stones, so dying was rather hard.

Druids seem to have a fairly easy time with it in general.
    Yeah. The only boss i had Problems with was the tree guy... selfheal on a shorter cd than my interrupt with gradually increasing dmg. At a certain point you can either don't do more damage without being killed while kiting or you just get oneshot.
    First time i had to abort the run and start over with hte hope of better traits

10+ Year Old Account
    I go in as balance with restoration affinity.

Feral. Stealth past anything and everything, kill boss at the end of a floor. Kill last boss.

Did all my runs as tank spec with resto pvp gear (except the weapon/trinkets) and had problems with layer 6, mobs where doable but boss was impossible.
    This morning I gave it a try as resto with feral affinity and it was really easy, but getting the right powers really helps...1shotting mobs by using shred from stealth which gave 19k crits.
    It might also help that I only play guardian in torghast and resto in every other content so a bit more used to the abilities of resto with feral aff.
    Tonight I'm going to give the 6+ layers a try as resto.

Boomkin is just to good, last night i got convoke down to 1min cd with 2x of the 50% more damage when channeling convoke plus tons of other sweet powers.

That plus the boat legendary is pretty amazing there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Feral. Stealth past anything and everything, kill boss at the end of a floor. Kill last boss.
    You'll run into damage or survival issues with that. Kill everything and all things. Have 40+ powers at the end of the floor. Kill last boss with a single Convoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You'll run into damage or survival issues with that. Kill everything and all things. Have 40+ powers at the end of the floor. Kill last boss with a single Convoke.
    Alternately, get the 1.5min divine shield on the second vendor and laugh your way out the instance. That was a thoroughly silly run.

I run it as guardian with the pvp feral weapon and DPS trinkets. All the mitigation and self heals makes it so much easier to manage those oh shit moments. It takes a little longer, but I've only failed once.

I do torghast as Rest with balanace affi. Ive had absolue no problem clearing it, i do level 8 with ease, i even find it eaiser to do it with my resto druid then my hunter.

The powers you get as Resto are mostly shared with Boomkin and there is no need to go in Resto to be honest. Not to mention that it's way more beneficial to get boomkin + resto afinity as some powers give you the permanent talent that lowers mana cost and efficiency as well (which would suck as resto).

You get a ton of AOE and way more utility from Boomkin. Never had any problems with Boomkin unless layer6+ and undergeared (it's an alt). Tried both resto and bear and they are pretty meh (even with trash 15% absorb legendary). Feral I didn't try but heard it's quite good.

I play resto and guardian. I went bear. Level 8 isn't bad at all. Take dps buffs.