Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands - The Great Vault Guide

Shadowlands - The Great Vault Guide
    The Great Vault is the new weekly chest system added in Shadowlands. It has the potential to give you up to 9 different options to pick an item from per week based on the activities you do across raiding, mythic plus, and PvP. Here is a rundown of the system.

COMPLETING ACTIVITIES TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF OPTIONS IN YOUR VAULT DOES NOT GIVE YOU EXTRA GEAR. IT ONLY GIVES YOU MORE OPTIONS. YOU CAN STILL ONLY PICK ONE PIECE TOTAL BETWEEN ALL 9 OPTIONS, NOT 1 PER ROW.

How to Fill the Vault
    • Mythic Plus (You do not have to beat the timer)
      • Complete 1 Mythic Plus Dungeon
      • Complete 4 Mythic Plus Dungeons
      • Complete 10 Mythic Plus Dungeons
    • Raiding
      • Defeat 3 Raid Bosses
      • Defeat 7 Raid Bosses
      • Defeat 10 Raid Bosses
    • PvP
      • Earn 1250 Honor Points from Rated PvP
      • Earn 2500 Honor Points from Rated PvP
      • Earn 6250 Honor Points from Rated PvP

Determining the Quality of Rewards
    • Raid Options
      • Killing raid bosses adds up to 3 choices to your vault that come from the raid gear pool.
      • Killing bosses on higher difficulties rewards gear equivalent to the difficulty in your vault. However, the options are tied to the number of that difficulty.
        • Example - Killing 7 bosses on Mythic and 3 on Heroic will reward you with the first 2 options from Mythic and last from Heroic.
      • You must have killed the last two bosses on the difficulty of the reward options in order for their loot tables to be added as potential options.
    • Mythic Plus
      • You still get credit for keys that you completed but did not time.
      • Your first reward option is determined by the highest level Mythic Plus dungeon you completed the week prior.
      • Your second option is based on the 4th highest mythic plus dungeon you completed the week prior.
      • Your 3rd option is based on the 10th highest mythic plus dungeon you completed the week prior.
      • Example - If you do 4 +15's in a week and 6 +10's, your first two options would be determined by +15s and your last would be a +10.
      • Mythic Plus Item Level Rewards
        • Mythic 2 - 200
        • Mythic 3 - 203
        • Mythic 4 - 207
        • Mythic 5 - 210
        • Mythic 6 - 210
        • Mythic 7 - 213
        • Mythic 8 - 216
        • Mythic 9 - 216
        • Mythic 10 - 220
        • Mythic 11 - 220
        • Mythic 12 - 223
        • Mythic 13 - 223
        • Mythic 14 - 226
        • Mythic 15 - 226
    • PvP
      • Your rewards are entirely determined by your Rated PvP rating.
        • Rating Rewards
          • Unranked - 200
          • 1400 to 1599 - 207
          • 1600 to 1799 - 213
          • 1800 to 2099 - 220
          • 2100+ - 226

Opening the Vault
    • On reset, you will be able to open your vault, which is accessed at the Hall of Holding in Oribos.
    • Based on the objectives you completed throughout the week, you will be able to choose 1 item from a potential of 9.
    • If you decide you don't want any of the items, you can instead receive anima.

Week 1 Item Level Cap
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Mythic Keystone dungeons and ranked PvP are opening with the beginning of Season 1 tomorrow, and there are a few aspects of the first week of the Season to highlight.

During this first week of Mythic Keystone dungeons, there is a cap on the increase of item level of end-of-run loot. That loot will stop increasing at Mythic Keystone +10 for this first week, which is item level 203. However, the Great Vault will be uncapped the following week, and loot from the Great Vault (on December 15 in this region) will reflect successful completions achieved during the week of December 8. The Great Vault will award item level 226 for completing Mythic Keystone +14, and other completion item levels can be viewed in the Mythic Keystone tab of the Dungeons and Raid window once the season begins.

For this first week of the Season in PvP, item-level upgrades of Conquest equipment are capped at item level 220, requiring Rival (rank 4). Starting with the second week, (again that’s December 15 in this region), item level upgrades of Conquest equipment are uncapped. There are no caps on the Great Vault’s PvP considerations. Duelists (rank 5) or higher will receive item level 226 equipment from the Great Vault.

Good luck out there!

Really looking forward to the new system =D

To me it seems that raid-part is based on number of different bosses killed; so if you kill 7 in mythic and 3 of the same on heroic you won't get 3rd option. Can anyone confirm that?

In before numerous posts tomorrow about people going crazy and angry as they only got rewarded with 1 item. And they will from now on DEMAND to be given 3-4 pieces of loot because it was somehow PROMISED to them, even though they can't actually explain or show any evidence that they were promised more than 1 item.

Why did I have it in my head that you could do ANY Mythic dungeon (not just Mythic+) and that the bottom row was based on Conquest points instead of hardcore PvP?

If a system needs this much explanation, then there is something wrong with the it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    In before numerous posts tomorrow about people going crazy and angry as they only got rewarded with 1 item. And they will from now on DEMAND to be given 3-4 pieces of loot because it was somehow PROMISED to them, even though they can't actually explain or show any evidence that they were promised more than 1 item.
    I'm sure it will happen despite multiple times it coming up on various websites. I am sure even Ion and various others also confirmed 1 item only and the vault even says it. Somehow though someone wont read or know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    If a system needs this much explanation, then there is something wrong with the it.
    Or people just don't want to read.. Read Quest, go to vault (it sends you to it anyway) and again read the big block of text at the top or on mouse over.. Says multiple places even if you don't have a guild friend tell you, a dev interview, blizzcon etc etc. I actually can't think of anything more they could be doing to try inform people.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-12-14 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    To me it seems that raid-part is based on number of different bosses killed; so if you kill 7 in mythic and 3 of the same on heroic you won't get 3rd option. Can anyone confirm that?
    In that scenario, you killed 10 bosses total.

1 Boss: Highest single boss was mythic.
    - Mythic Loot
    7 Bosses: Highest set of 7 bosses were all mythic.
    - Mythic Loot
    10 Bosses: Highest set of 10 bosses was 7 mythic, 3 heroic.
    - heroic Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    In that scenario, you killed 10 bosses total.

1 Boss: Highest single boss was mythic.
    - Mythic Loot
    7 Bosses: Highest set of 7 bosses were all mythic.
    - Mythic Loot
    10 Bosses: Highest set of 10 bosses was 7 mythic, 3 heroic.
    - heroic Loot
    I don't believe that is correct and I still believe the last one will be empty in that scenario, as it was the same 3 bosses killed again.
    We will see tomorrow (obviously for heroic and normal).

did a mythic + today, still says I need to complete one, but we depleted the timer, so think it does have to be in time.

sums up much of Shadowlands. this expansion is clunky and unpolished as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    did a mythic + today, still says I need to complete one, but we depleted the timer, so think it does have to be in time.
    Check again.

It's a bit slow with updating.

LOL!

Imagine where humanity would be if all of us had this mindset...

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Blizzard commented on this, this is a display bug and will be fixed tomorrow. Depleted keys still count, as long as you kill the last boss and 100% the trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love how they had to write in BIG RED LETTERS that u get more options, but can only pick 1 cause so many people are dense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Why did I have it in my head that you could do ANY Mythic dungeon (not just Mythic+) and that the bottom row was based on Conquest points instead of hardcore PvP?
    Yep, at the last minute they decided to kill casual PvP. Weird choice by them.

Random BGs will now exclusively consist of people who really want the Conquest xmog; But you can just buy that later with Honor Points.
    So, really there is no incentive to PvP past ilvl 184 for the casual gamer.

from an item level standpoint, it seems kinda crappy that killing 3 normal CN bosses is the same as doing 1 +2 key. but i guess the bonus is that the raid stuff is pulled from the CN loot table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3liiil3 View Post
    Really looking forward to the new system =D
    Me to. Really love that there will be options. Can't bear how many times I had crap in my weekly chests that just wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    LOL!

Imagine where humanity would be if all of us had this mindset...
    Do you read the news at all? Just curious if you actually think humanity is in a good place right now.

Interesting, did a +2 but not under time and the vault did not register it.