Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm not sure if that makes the situation better or worse though.
    Depends on your outlook.

Better for EA, they're not the evil, micromanaging overlords they once were and are still reputed to be.

Worse for BW, because it speaks to ongoing problems both in their engineering teams (which have pretty much never been remotely impressive in terms of the end result) and their management/decision making. Way worse for them with the added context (IIRC from the Anthem development piece on Kotaku) that BW repeatedly scrapped all the work they did on Frostbite.

Bad news is it sounds like Frostbite is still what they're sticking with for DA4/ME:Whatever. Good news is that they're keeping the work they did to RPG-ify the engine a bit from Anthem and using that as a foundation rather than starting from scratch all over again.

And I'm pretty down with a more magical/colorful DA title. Not that we've really seen shit in terms of the actual game yet, for all we know the setting could change completely by the time it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    RIP Templar spec.
    Simply because Templar is always my spec in this game and thus I have a personal interest... what makes you say RIP templar spec?

I feel like being anti-mage in a kingdom of mage peeps will be fantastic. Or are you saying you think it won't be in the game because Tevinter probably doesn't have any mage police

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Simply because Templar is always my spec in this game and thus I have a personal interest... what makes you say RIP templar spec?

I feel like being anti-mage in a kingdom of mage peeps will be fantastic. Or are you saying you think it won't be in the game because Tevinter probably doesn't have any mage police
    Trevinter doesnt have templars.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Trevinter doesnt have templars.
    In the lore they actually do, but they're more of an organisation subordinated to the mages there.

There's some conversations with Dorian in DA:I if I recall about that exact topic, but who knows how much of this will be retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    In the lore they actually do, but they're more of an organisation subordinated to the mages there.

There's some conversations with Dorian in DA:I if I recall about that exact topic, but who knows how much of this will be retconned.
    Fake templars.
    still the spec will probably not be here this time or gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Perhaps. Though they still possess the same powers as their Orlesian or Fereldan counterparts, they're just leashed by mages.

I imagine there's going to be a "Help templar's bring order and justice to corrupt magisters" plotline
    i doubt that very much based off of one of the mission table responses.

just because the game might be set in Tevinter... doesn't mean our hero has to be FROM Tevinter. I mean... 2 out of 3 games in a series, allowed us to pick our origins/races that were from very different backgrounds. so for all we know, one of the backgrounds could be from Ferelden or Kirkwall and there are certainly Templars THERE.

I like Varric but give that man a break.

I think they can be a bit creative if thats tewinter. We havent seen the place and its a very magic focused country.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    just because the game might be set in Tevinter... doesn't mean our hero has to be FROM Tevinter. I mean... 2 out of 3 games in a series, allowed us to pick our origins/races that were from very different backgrounds. so for all we know, one of the backgrounds could be from Ferelden or Kirkwall and there are certainly Templars THERE.
    Origins are more story side.

Also in DA:O your origin seems to have way more impact on the story than DA:I(mages didnt even have a different Origin this time, what a shame.)
    If there is a templar spec i dont expect to be it as strong as it has been. also i hated how DA:I handled the specialization spec anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's to match the settings. For example, in the first game the player was a Warden, a soldier with a job. It was darker and more subdued. Skip ahead to Inquisition, there were lots of gold and marble to match the heavy influence of the church and the high society that had to be recruited to fight against the rift. In DA4, you are in a magical kingdom fighting against a literal god, it's going to have lots of high fantasy elements.

Origins are more story side.

Also in DA:O your origin seems to have way more impact on the story than DA:I(mages didnt even have a different Origin this time, what a shame.)
    If there is a templar spec i dont expect to be it as strong as it has been. also i hated how DA:I handled the specialization spec anyway.
    felt mostly same to me, TBH, as far as impact on the story. the only genuinely different ..ish outcome as far as ending that you got in Origins was with Cousland origin. other origins had mostly occasionally different dialogue options and just overall flavor. which is also what I got with Inquisition.

if the spec is not going to be as strong, I would imagine it would be mostly due to balancing. but it also doesn't mean it would be excluded all together.

My hope is that I can be a traveler from somewhere templars actually come from. Also, templar was already arguably one of the weakest BOSS specs (because the smite wombo wouldn't work against opponents who couldn't be stunned... a.k.a. all the big boys), so they better not make it weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    felt mostly same to me, TBH, as far as impact on the story. the only genuinely different ..ish outcome as far as ending that you got in Origins was with Cousland origin. other origins had mostly occasionally different dialogue options and just overall flavor. which is also what I got with Inquisition.

if the spec is not going to be as strong, I would imagine it would be mostly due to balancing. but it also doesn't mean it would be excluded all together.
    the specs will probably mostly be Trevinter style especially the mages.(blood magic possible return)
    if you read all the stuff at the end of origins you learn the impact of from the different races. Royal dwarf getting name back, being made paragon, and if the male version slept with the royal chaser his son is made into a noble.(if you asked the king before leaving) (i will forever be avoid with BW stance on the hero of ferelden after that stupid tease in Inquisition.)

I hope they redo the stats for armor outside of the normal stats Con, agi, etc. Armor pen and the crit bonus/damage was fine. everything else was annoying and felt bloated weapon wise.

defense wise so many defense stats. i hate to say it but maybe "dumb it down" Magic resist, melee resist, and ranged resist.

Guard was interesting so maybe refine it. also bring back healing spells. also the stats for rings, necklaces, and belts were also kind of meh.

hopefully they keep crafting it was nice but kind of felt required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I don't really care how it looks. All i care about right now is who you play as.
    Big tiddy goth. Do that and I'll be interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they redo the stats for armor outside of the normal stats Con, agi, etc. Armor pen and the crit bonus/damage was fine. everything else was annoying and felt bloated weapon wise.

defense wise so many defense stats. i hate to say it but maybe "dumb it down" Magic resist, melee resist, and ranged resist.

Guard was interesting so maybe refine it. also bring back healing spells. also the stats for rings, necklaces, and belts were also kind of meh.

hopefully they keep crafting it was nice but kind of felt required.
    I just hope the mobs in the game don't feel all sponge like they did in DA2 and especially DA:I. I felt like I was poking them with a stick most of the time. Especially as a mage, there was a lack of impact. while Origins had its issues when it came to combat, the spells and ability all felt like they did something at least. I also enjoyed the spell synergies and combos of Origins, something the divinity games have adopted since.

But I agree keep DA:I crafting, I loved the crafting in DA:I

I see what you mean. I'm personally not that offended by the evolution in style since to me the DA games are more about gameplay than anything, but I am a bit worried if indeed the game is taken over by different people.

I'm probably an exception here because even though I agree the first game was by far the best, I genuinely enjoyed all three of them.

Fake templars.
    still the spec will probably not be here this time or gutted.
    Who's to say you don't just play as one from a different part of the world?
    Narrow view.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    There are no other Dragon Age games after Origins
    Whilst to me this is about a true a statement as one can get. ^

I've come to realize there isn't a game biwoare could make I'd currently buy till they actually fix the broken shit that is anthem.
    That game felt like such a scam from bioware, that bioware can simply go "F" themselves with any other project they try to sell till they fix the mess that is anthem.

Then and only then will I consider a game with their name on it.