Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Minrathous, it is an ancient city filled with magic, towers, magical lights and what not since like ever.

Not sure what's the QQ about, you're not going to be in a bumkinville of Ferelden anymore scurrying in some dirt like a rat.

For me, gameplay wise:

DAO > DA2 > DAI

Story wise:

DAO > DAI (Trespasser) > DA2

Companions :

DAO > DA2 > DAI (only Solas worth mentioning)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonpunk would be interesting to be honest. Nothing wrong with the game becoming different than what it used to be. It can still be very good. But I do enjoy DA 1 and 2 style perhaps a little bit more than Inquisition's style.

Would be nice to see new DA1 style games though. Like Pathfinder which was awesome until I noticed how Pepega the AI was, which made me uninstall. Using one ability only unless I micromanage everyone's turn.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Ghouls in Inquisition look quite creepy as well, you just never see them up close or in a cutscene. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the new Hurlock design from DA2 onwards, the Alphas look cool tho.

And I perfectly understand what Gaider says, and there's a reason the Darkspawn have been a fairly irrelevant side enemy after Origins. Apart from the sheer horror factor of the Broodmothers they're not very interesting all in all.
    The Darkspawn were pretty much the white walkers of Dragon Age , the approaching threat while our heroes deal with the main problem (funny since Gaider was heavily inspired by Song of Ice a Fire for Dragon Age). I kind of liked them in that focus. It worked well enough. and it joined the story together really well in origins, they kind of didn't feel overwhelming. The broodmother stuff was terrifying when I first learned about it through the story. and I like how Hurlocks, Genlocks and the Ogres are basically just humans, Dwarf and Qunari but corrupted versions of them. I did actually think they were interesting in a way, they shared very similar story to the orcs in Tolkien lore of Middle Earth too.

As individuals its true the darkspawn were nothing more than background noise to get rid of, similar to the demons of the fade in Inquisition. and I personally like that, because like in all the dragon age games the threat has always been very human. (well sort of for Inquisition I guess) :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-19 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    For me, gameplay wise:

DAO > DA2 > DAI

Story wise:

DAO > DAI (Trespasser) > DA2

Companions :

DAO > DA2 > DAI (only Solas worth mentioning)
    I find DAI > DA2 for gameplay, and also companions, tbh. Other than that I agree.

I loved DAO, still play it from time to time. Been years since I played DA2, but I have played DAI recently. Whilst I find DA2 and DAI to be way below DAO, I still did dna do enjoy those games.

Looking forward to DA4, but I'm not hyped, don't intend to be, and I don't want to have high expectations..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And I perfectly understand what Gaider says, and there's a reason the Darkspawn have been a fairly irrelevant side enemy after Origins. Apart from the sheer horror factor of the Broodmothers they're not very interesting all in all.
    I thought the mystery was pretty interesting, you spend most of DA:O having no idea what they are or how they work at all. Even after three games it hasn't been explained exactly where they come from or what the taint even is or what exactly the old gods are or why the darkspawn are drawn to them.

It is a fair point that if they had been the primary antagonists crunching purely on the mystery would have worn out its welcome long ago.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I thought the mystery was pretty interesting, you spend most of DA:O having no idea what they are or how they work at all. Even after three games it hasn't been explained exactly where they come from or what the taint even is or what exactly the old gods are or why the darkspawn are drawn to them.
    Well we do go to Tevinter Imperium in DA4, so I do expect them to expand on the whole Golden City and so on, seeing it's tied to them. Then of course there will be more Fade lore expansion too with Dread Wolf AND Imperium arcanists.

As a whole it's a big sell for me in DA4, we spent 3 games with these stories about the big bad Tevinter Imperium, their direct and indirect ties to Fade, Darkspawn, Andraste and basically a good chunk of everything that ever happened. I'm glad we finally get to go there and get some answers first hand.

If they pull it out right, it should be one of the most magnificent DAs there was and a direct sequel to both DA:O and DA:I, both of which were great games.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-12-19 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also on the topic of darkspawn changes. The way Darkspawn moved in Dragon Age 2 was horrible, arms flailing like they were puppets on a string, over the Dragon Age: Origins Darkspawn who moved more slower and more threatening and more human life, because they used to be human, not a bunch of monekys

Depiction of Darkspawn in the field circa Dragon Age 2
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-19 at 12:45 PM.

I hope the urban areas in this game look better than whatever Val Royeaux was. I know at this point it's already been pointed out like 1 million times, but it was so disappointing that the LARGEST city in the world was reduced to one market and a few alleys. I hope the Tevinter capital looks grander and actually FEELS like a capital, so lots of people walking around, chatting in the streets, etc.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Looking over the "punk" image again I feel like it can be totally believable. I imagine an area like Tevinter, where mages are more free, would have cities powered by magic.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Origins was the only "current" RPG that managed to do active combat with pause actually work.
    That too. DA1&2 remains the only cRPGs with active combat and pause that I can enjoy. I've tried so many times to play PoE, Pathfinder and Tyranny but it doesn't work for me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Looking over the "punk" image again I feel like it can be totally believable. I imagine an area like Tevinter, where mages are more free, would have cities powered by magic.