Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where to get Addons now?

I know Twitch has a link to the new addon site that we can use, but i heard alot of negative about it.
    So what is the best option now to get new addons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I use WowUp - Simple and good in my opinion.
    It can be downloaded from WowUp.io

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I use WoWUp. easy to use, I like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KondiPrint View Post
    I use WowUp - Simple and good in my opinion.
    It can be downloaded from WowUp.io
    Atm i did download the new addonapp, and it's merged with CurseForge? i think? Seems all cool and easy to use.
    What is the issue on it though?

WoWUP that much better?

I use Overwolf, zero issues.

ajour
    wowup
    overwolf

manual download from curseforge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I use Overwolf, zero issues.
    Aye Overwolf merged with CursedForge, seems really well made. Idk why the hate on it though. Or just a few pple and mostly all positive?

Ajour. Superfast, no installer, no bullshit.

As far as I’ve seen WoWUp is great for updating what you have, but not ideal for finding new addons. Curse will always be the default for that, and yes, they’ve changed hands from twitch to Overwolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I use Ajour myself - very lightweight, no additional crap and attempts to upsell random things I don't care about. Just a console that updates and lets me install add-ons.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Ajour. Superfast, no installer, no bullshit.
    Can confirm. Ajour is precious. It does what I want it to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Aye Overwolf merged with CursedForge, seems really well made. Idk why the hate on it though. Or just a few pple and mostly all positive?
    People are complaining about the adware and the claims of selling personal info, when compiines like Facebook and Google do far worse and they don't say spit. Overwolf works fine and you don't need to have it running all the time. Open it, download your addons, and turn it off. No issues.

I use Overwolf. Works just fine. I always exit the game before installing an addon. That is perhaps some peoples problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    WowUp or Ajour are on a roll right now.

Atm i did download the new addonapp, and it's merged with CurseForge? i think? Seems all cool and easy to use.
    What is the issue on it though?

WoWUP that much better?
    Overwolf has a very bad reputation for various reasons. It supposedly caused security leaks in the past, they try to monopolize on mods in a big company way, which is never good, they are very anti-consumer and none transparent, they were caught selling userdata and never excused for it, all that fancy modern day jazz. Sure, to some this doesn't matter, up to you if you do or not, please don't take this as me berating you.

WoWUp is on the other hand a small program made by like one dude with a Patreon and works without all the extra shit.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use WowUp, not installing Overwolf garbage on my PC. Heard good things about Ajour too, both WowUp and Ajour pretty much do everything you'd need an addon manager to do without the bulk.

I use https://www.getajour.com/ It's great, wish it was around sooner. I would have switched even if Overwolf was never a thing.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Most people use Overwolf because its still good. And I recommend that too. If you actually read all that bullshit people have been sprouting you will see a bunch of rumors, lack of reading and comprehension and tinfoil hat theories.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People are complaining about the adware and the claims of selling personal info, when compiines like Facebook and Google do far worse and they don't say spit. Overwolf works fine and you don't need to have it running all the time. Open it, download your addons, and turn it off. No issues.
    Aha. So because you have facebook and google account you should just willingly hand yourself out to everyone out there?