Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I unlocked the vault thing that requires you to do 10 mythic keystones for the week. Pretty sure I did somewhere between 12-14 keys this week. All I got was a trinket and an dagger with awful stats.

It's not only mythic+ though. Only got 1 shitty trinket from sunking in normal CN, and didn't get anything at all from heroic.

On december 15 my ilvl was 199, and now two weeks later it's just 201. It feels like I'm sinking hours into the game for absolutely nothing.

Stood in the Fire
    The dungeons as a whole I like, though there are some that are 100% over tuned. What I don't like is the extreme lack of loot. 2+ weeks now and not 1 piece of gear has dropped between 2 lvl 60 toons.
    Wanheda of Med'ivh

Some people really can't understand big picture. It was like this:

Blizzard - B
    Players - P

P: Something in my rear tire makes a strange noise (Titanforging too stronk, loot to common)
    B: I got you (proceeds to make new expansion)

After weeks has passed, P came in to retrieve their car from service.

P: WTF is that?
    B: Oh, we removed the wheel that was making noises, thats what you wanted right? (reduced overall loot)
    P: How am I even suppose to drive this thing?
    B: Don't worry, 3 wheels is enough, it will run
    P: But why is my spare tire missing from trunk? (Bonus rolls removed)
    B: Well, since you have just 3 tires we figured it won't be necessary anymore, and besides, rear was a bit too heavy and car dipped when turning so... you now, it had to go.
    P: Okayyy... but my steering wheel is locked, can't even turn this! (full personal loot, no control over loot distribution)
    B: We analyzed route you usually go and it turned out to be a straight line, so just to be sure that car rear won't hit the road, we locked in in position
    P: WTF!? I can't use that thing anymore! I want a refund!
    B: Now now, don't be such a wuss, look! We added new nitro boost system! (weekly vault)
    P: How can I even control this?
    B: You don't, its fully automatic! Isn't it wonderful? It has a chance to activates itself at certain time of the week, depending on how log you were driving.

and that about it.

So from functional car that had its problems (well it was old), we got retarded three-wheeled car with full rng nitro boost that cannot even turn.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-12-29 at 07:40 AM.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

I have yet to see anyone get excited to get nothing except a repair bill at the end of a run. Is this big Blizzards idea to sell tokens for loot funnels? Not getting the math at all. Even more annoying that they just throw gear for PvP. Hell, I wanted to cry when I found I can buy mythic quality weapon with nearly perfectly stats with honor after several handfuls of runs with NOTHING.

Its created a more toxic environment if anything. I've seen so many more people rage quit when mythics look like they're going to go south, and why shouldnt they when its a 20% chance to get anything except another strike on the weekly vault.

My subscription ends here soon, and I see no reason to renew it until later on in the expansion when I can atleast fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    *best

Just because you are bad while people like you pull less than the healer and have mental breakdowns whenever there is a timer involved doesn't mean m+ is bad.

Casuals who play 2 hours a week DO NOT deserve loot falling from the sky. Go play diablo.
    Agree. Loot has not been this great since The Burning Fucking Crusade. WotLK started this casual approach which reached the top in BfA. You should get reward for the content you do, gear showering went way way too far.

I applaud blizzard for these changes.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-12-29 at 11:56 AM.
    TBC Classic <3

Now, where was I? Oh yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Agree. Loot has not been this great since The Burning Fucking Crusade. WotLK started this casual approach which reached the top in BfA. You should get reward for the content you do, gear showering went way way too fat.

I applaud blizzard for these changes.
    Yeah had a 184 weapon for the first two weeks, felt amazing getting a 210 from the end of a dungeon. Instead of 2 weeks into the expansion "not titanforged, insta disenchant." I worked for that weapon, we worked our way up struggling to time 15s, now we are farming them and push occasionally.

The only problem i have with the loot (and it isn't even about the drop rate) they need to do trinket balancing more often. My buddy who tanks m+ needed the trinket from other side. 30 something other side runs later we got it and it felt GOOD. It's just THAT much better than other trinkets in m+ is the problem.

I know dreadfire and chain are another culprit of that too for certain specs.

I am of the opinion that dungeons should become dead content for your character after the initial gearing up and getting ready for raiding.

I enjoyed the M0 world tours before season 1 and would not mind going through that on alts before getting into raids. Everybody doing those knew full well it was a finite thing.

Dungeons should be nothing more than a step toward getting your character end-game ready, when it comes to player power. Cosmetics ? By all means, feel free to push to your heart's content.

The current compromise of having to do just 1 m+ a week for player power is acceptable to me. I would not mind eliminating dungeons completely from my weekly routine.

I agree that the current 35 anima reward is pretty bad, but that applies to raid bosses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Then you upgraded it through the vendor, base gear is not 177. and still not the 190 mentioned earlier that you can reach now with covenant gear
    Ok, let me quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    In about 2 weeks
    Aluding to how i speak about the future, not what you can get now

you will be able to mostly deck out your alts in 190 gear (in form of the covenant sets, if i'm not mistaken about the ilvl),
    "decking out" means equiping that gear, not straight up getting it pre-upgraded.

with a sure way to get 1 ilvl200 item a week.
    All the while mains will struggle for upgrades and will sit in the 200-210 bracket for a while.
    Reviewing this part; the cap is 1650 conquest a week; thus you can get almost 2 items a week on average till then.

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
    I am of the opinion that dungeons should become dead content for your character after the initial gearing up and getting ready for raiding.
    I don't disagree with the opinion, but the issue is that with the current player-base that's just not sustainable or rational. Nobody will develop content with that in mind nowadays.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-12-29 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    getting items now does not feel rewarding at all, i just feel sligth relif when getting an item after hours and hours of frustration from not getting anything at all, i rather have titanforge loot pianata back, at least you got a base of items to work with and then your luck rng invloved getting TF or not
    Found the Twitter user

Next you're gonna be saying the game's not inclusive enough and needs easier difficulty settings.

Fuck my generation. Just does not want to work for a single thing in their life. Just wants it handed to them the same way it was in their childhood lol

Reviewing this part; the cap is 1650 conquest a week; thus you can get almost 2 items a week on average till then.
    Its 550 a week, the total cap as of week 3 is 1650, so next week the TOTAL cap is 2200.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Then that means you are failing to meet timers 40% of the time yet you still want to be rewarded for doing the run in time........
    The chance you PERSONALLY get loot is 40% in-time. Overall in-time 2 items will drop. The chance to get an item if you fail a run is 20% (1 item drops). No idea what you are talking about, are you somehow believing you get an item 100% in-time?

40% in 10 runs is simple math, 4 drops for you personally if you finish each dungeon in-time.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-12-29 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Found the Twitter user

Next you're gonna be saying the game's not inclusive enough and needs easier difficulty settings.

Fuck my generation. Just does not want to work for a single thing in their life. Just wants it handed to them the same way it was in their childhood lol
    Dude, what are you even on about? Have you actually compared current loot system to previous ones? Did you give it a second thought or never?
    Not even vanilla had so much issues.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

I ran Mists and Spires Hc dungeons 30 times ( 15 each ) just to try and get a neck item - 26 times no loot dropped what so ever - it is indeed getting stupid,

I like how loot is less than it used to, but i also see flaws in the system.
    I care about which boss drops what item more than i did in all of bfa. I couldnt care less about what purple item the boss dropped back then. Was gonna sim my bags and equip the best item in it. Now we have less gear to choose from, it IS rewarding whenever you get an upgrade. Anyone saying its not is lying.

My issue with the system comes from m+. Both raiding and pvp are in a good spot imo (conquest weekly cap is iffy but still) m+ on the other hand feels unrewarding considering how much time, effort, and gold it takes to do higher keys. If they revert the m+ changes to drop 3 pieces of loot instead of two in a timed dungeon it would feel alot better imo (timed ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by zafran View Post
    I like how loot is less than it used to, but i also see flaws in the system.
    I care about which boss drops what item more than i did in all of bfa. I couldnt care less about what purple item the boss dropped back then. Was gonna sim my bags and equip the best item in it. Now we have less gear to choose from, it IS rewarding whenever you get an upgrade. Anyone saying its not is lying.

My issue with the system comes from m+. Both raiding and pvp are in a good spot imo (conquest weekly cap is iffy but still) m+ on the other hand feels unrewarding considering how much time, effort, and gold it takes to do higher keys. If they revert the m+ changes to drop 3 pieces of loot instead of two in a timed dungeon it would feel alot better imo (timed ofc)
    I feel rewarded from keys when myself or one of the 4 people i run with gets a drop. People just don't want to put in effort or time. They want a greater rift explosion of purples at the end of a dungeon.

I love it, I can finally not feel the pressure to farm m+ or try to convince the guild tanks to ditch their clique group and tank a few keys for the rest of us.

No loot at all from m+ would be my preferred way, only cosmetics stuff! Loot from raids/pvp and that's it. Probably an insanely unpopular opinion but opinions are what you asked for!

Also the whole "less loot everywhere" is a very welcome addition to the game. Loot should be scarce, it makes the drop so much more fun to get and also makes the raids more interesting as you cannot just farm m+, overgear the shit outta the raids and more or less brute force stuff.
    Less loot = more skill needed => awesome direction of the game.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2020-12-29 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The old system was a lot of loot endorphins week one and then mostly sharding non titanforged items and having a weekly chest of disappointment experience.

Now week one is a bit of a slow burn, but looting a purple is more fun most of the time and I know that my first 10 runs are actually helping me with the loot that counts.

So for me it's 10/10 please never go back.
    Yes, same here. People can play D3 or Borderlands if they only care about the loot shower where 95% of the loot would just end up DE'd or sold. Personal Loot being enforced is quite an issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I have yet to see anyone get excited to get nothing except a repair bill at the end of a run. Is this big Blizzards idea to sell tokens for loot funnels? Not getting the math at all. Even more annoying that they just throw gear for PvP. Hell, I wanted to cry when I found I can buy mythic quality weapon with nearly perfectly stats with honor after several handfuls of runs with NOTHING.

Its created a more toxic environment if anything. I've seen so many more people rage quit when mythics look like they're going to go south, and why shouldnt they when its a 20% chance to get anything except another strike on the weekly vault.

My subscription ends here soon, and I see no reason to renew it until later on in the expansion when I can atleast fly.
    You must farm quite a bit of pvp to just unlock a 184 honor weapon, which you won't be able to unlock any further until renown 22.

The conquest weapons are very expensive too and it's impossible to get a 2hander right now, unless you had luck with the great vault. And even then it is just ilvl200 without a rank.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, what are you even on about? Not even vanilla had so much issues.
    Oh really? AFAIR I had to farm for weeks to get my Beaststalker set and start raiding MC, and in instances like BRD and UBRS/LBRS, that were a lot, lot, LOT more time consuming than any instances we have right now. I'm guessing you can run a few M+ in the span of time that was required to do single BRD, especially when the game was still young and most people didn't know what they are doing. And yes, you could also get shit all from that BRD run.

No, current expansion is hundred times easier to gear up, your memory has to be really blurry. You can run Ms, do normal raid (or LFR even soon), there's a weekly world boss, chance to get decent item from the epic daily chest, last week was guaranteed Heroic raid level drop from the weekly event, there's the Great Vault... But yeah, it's worse than vanilla xD Don't know what you're on about, mate.

I have a guildie that was ragining in Discord this weekend that he still didn't upgrade his chest to raid level gear (last item he needs upgraded), and we're just what, month into the expansion? It's not a game problem, it's a mentality problem. All the posts about 30 runs and zero gear are trolls, obviously. Something drops for me every other run - granted, not always an upgrade, but I do get drops. I'm enjoying the pace of this expansion very much.

i still think m+ gives too good gear from the weekly vault. doing +10s is way easier than clearing hc raid and rewards 7 higher ilvls than hc raids lol. not even gonna start comparing clearing every boss in mythic CN (2 guilds have done this ever thus far) vs doing 10 +14s that don't even have to be timed lol