Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    He wants more gear to not be fucked by RNG and have ability to jump to action after tanking a break. He also wants the ability to recruit new players.
    He also wants to be rewarded by playing, not just by end of week lottery.

There you go.
    Tough, the game is and always has been an RNG system for loot. As I've said multiple times, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It all averages out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Tough, the game is and always has been an RNG system for loot. As I've said multiple times, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. It all averages out in the end.
    Like I said, no, game is not always been about that retarded version of RNG as there at least were failsafe mechanisms (badges, coins etc) or straight up end content wasn't as tight as it is now.

Average is irrelevant because if one guy is rng god and gets 8 pieces of loot from first week and the other guy gets zero then system is working as intended as they both dropped on average 4. No. Just no. Second guy is gonna get benched because of RNG and there is nothing he can do about it.

With high drops and TF you could easily get your average power straight away. And no, getting +15 (that would be +6/9 now) wasn't tremendous upgrade neither it was common.

However NOT getting a single good weapon for weapon dependent class is a going to be a disaster.

Would be a fine system if bad luck protection existed.

Unfortunately in my experience M+ farming is only feels good if you & the homies are 200 ilvl & can trade pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Good thing they aren't asking you cause you would lose them alot of money.
    You're right .. much better design to allow endless farming 24/7 in week1 then have people complain theres nothing to do until next patch. Whats was I thinking. Should just allow raid resetting manually too .. why bother with weekly lockouts?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You're right .. much better design to allow endless farming 24/7 in week1 then have people complain theres nothing to do until next patch. Whats was I thinking. Should just allow raid resetting manually too .. why bother with weekly lockouts?
    The question is if you listen to 24/7 minority. It isn't that much of a problem if you chain run m+ anyway, preferably even armor stack.

But try to see it from a more casual point of view, players who do their covenant stuff and run maybe one dungeon per evening. They'll be 184 from a full round of M0 in two weeks fine enough since every boss drops loot. But then they want to do M+ and get 1 or 2 item per week. From a +2 they start in. How long do you think it'll take them to arrive at +6 or something?

So do you want a minority whining about "having nothing to do" or more than that potentially quitting since they get less loot. Yeah, when they get something it'll be great but does it really outweigh the other 5 dungeons they got nothing?

Blizzard tried loot shower for a couple years, and now scarcity. Both design philosophies are valid and benefit/harm different kind of players. Let's see how it turns out long term. My bet is patch 9.1 will turn on the loot shower a bit more than now.

Lower wq anima and increase from m+.

In general, when you are having good week it is amazing change and when week is not going so well it is absolute bullshit.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Should get more anima based on key lvl at least, amount of gear is kinda fine.

A 10 should award 150 anima if no loot
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I don’t really have a horse in this discussion but m+ is its own separate endgame, and it seems bad that you need to raid to be tops at it.
    It does I agree but you have to look at effort involved as a balance to the PVE equation. I do like m+ but at the core, its 5 man content. Affixes confuse but don't break 5 man encounters. When it comes to group PVE content and mechanics, raids are the defacto harder content based on number of players involved and mechanics being more complex.

The best way to look at it is raids as proving grounds for the M+ players. We all remember those
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-19 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casuals got screwed, top end still armor stacks, splits, funnels ect, so more or less nothing changed for them. Removing Titanforging was a good change as was the great vault, but there was no reason to nerf drop amounts, I have such a small chance of getting any of the items I want from M+ that it just doesn't feel worth doing, and because of that I will likely never get into raids so there goes my sub I guess.

Before 'jOiN a GUilD" inevitably pops up, I work third shift and don't speak a foreign language, and so far haven't been able to find any guilds that raid at 2am. This was never an issue for me before as pugging has always been available and actually had an OK chance at rewards, now every time I think about doing M+ it's "Do I want to gamble on wasting a bunch of time, potentially with idiots, or do something else" and the answer has usually been the latter.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-12-19 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes are fine get over it you neets.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    No it wouldn't and never should be. Sorry but Raiding and Arena should be the highest level of content.
    Raiding should be at least. Arena has a lower participation point then pet battles at this point and it far to easy to cheese. I'm nearing a glad mount simply by cheesing wins with a comp of three mm hunters.

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy this new system. I have never seen a weapon from M0, M+ or the raid and I'm not the only one in my guild.

Well. It's complicated, i'm getting tired of doing tons of dungeons and not getting any loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    It goed both ways, let’s say you raid on a 6 hour schedule a week clearing you will most likely get at least two loots and each week an increasing chance to get more through guildies who trade you.

Now go pug 6 high level keys and the chances are very real you will end up with 0 loot or 1 at most and no guarantee it will improve next reset through trades
    Ironic that you need to Compare Guild Activity with PuG activity.

Fucking classic cunts, infectibg retails design, this is what i feared, two weeks of clearing and ive gotten one belt from raiding, if this carrys on im fucking done with raiding. Its 2020 if im not having fun im going elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    That's the point though, this is the first time loot actually feels rewarding since mid MoP (when Thunderforged, the first version of Titanforged, was implemented).

By far, the greatest change of the entire expansion.
    Does it bollocks, dick head.

I didnt feel rewarded by the 1 shitty belt i got over the last 2 weeks raiding, i feel like im getting shafted by rng even harder than befor, only now i get fuck all for my effort.

Ive put hours into progress, im parsing always purple, pulling around the top of the meater, dedicated the Boss strats to memory and turning up and providing mats to the guild, only to get Gold and shitty anima every Boss..... no mate if this carries on wow can fuck its self and so can you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    They also reduced loot drops in raiding too? Wow, and here I was thinking to maybe try raiding again to satisfy my loot hunt. That's a bummer, maybe I should skip SL after all, I like pretty much EVERYTHING in SL, covenants, torghast and legendary crafting/collecting. But the loot reduction makes it sooo unrewarding to play.
    Its frustrating as hell. Anger inducing tbh.

Lower loot drops DONT WORK when the games all personal loot, and rightly people are angry, because its enforcing the very frustration the spawned systems like dkp.

And the sad thing is SL is a good expansion, just not if you take progress raiding seriously, m+ seriously, the game and the boss's and tbh the community is not tuned for having this patchwork of gear we all have to suffer unless you do some crazy amount of split raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    You have a very pessimistic outlook on life. I'm assuming that you are one of those you describe as "working 9-5 dead end job". Many people do not work such a job - if you train yourself, gain skills and provide value to someone/something, you can gain financial freedom without having to work a terrible job you hate.

Also, if you've only been in guilds where there's "no interaction beside having your fingers on a rotation treadmill" - then you've not been in any genuinely kind guilds, where there's a balance of progression together with social interaction.

I'm in three guilds in total, two of which I play with friends I made 5-10 years ago or more. We raid and enjoy, while having a laugh.

If you've not got any friends, there are many groups willing to help you, such as The Salvation Army. Reach out to them and get the help you need, you'll be much happier.
    Nah, born rich but with lots of health issues, in practice i just do what i please without any negative influence on my financial health. I just don't have the Stockholm system many seem to have about their time wasting ineffectiveness (i mean putting in effort and hard work is not wasteful in itself, but doing it for no good reason as most do...), which conveniently also spares me the blinds that seem to prohibit others from seeing the miserable masses running their pointless hamster treadmills for a pittance.
    Hell it'd be better for the financial health of the world (and for the environment) if we just accepted that most people are as useless as any other animal and just paid them to not do so much stuff with which they pointlessly expend resources.
    It's not a 1 on 1 for this, but it might help shed a little light in the dark for you: https://scheerpost.com/2020/12/14/un...uld-celebrate/

You misunderstood the part you quoted - it's a summary about repeatedly raiding the same thing in general and has nothing to do with people. If i had to raid the same thing every week for more than, say, 5 times, even the most fun people would not be able to salvage such a raid for me. No, variety in genuinely equal endgame content is what carries the game, not some moronic raid-exceptionalism. Mythic+ and pvp in properly accessible and rewarding form would revitalize this game like little else could.

Also don't worry about my friends, i've never had issues making them nor keeping them (getting them or myself to remain subbed for longer than a few months at a time is challenging though, mostly for aforementioned reasons).

Happiness though is more related to health, and that is much harder to come by than wealth if you're not born into it.
    But not to worry on that front either, it's not coming easy but it's been improving for the past few years now, and this might please you: It's in part because of hard work, however unlike most i need no illusions about my eficacy, nor about the goal towards which i work, which enhances those things greatly and leads to most fascinating things.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-12-19 at 10:36 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

getting items now does not feel rewarding at all, i just feel sligth relif when getting an item after hours and hours of frustration from not getting anything at all, i rather have titanforge loot pianata back, at least you got a base of items to work with and then your luck rng invloved getting TF or not

back in vanilla a priest would ninja the agility ring and this guy is whining about getting one less item per run that takes like maybe 30 minutes
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. Gear matters more now. This is absolutely good change.