Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hate it. I have limited time to play and it doesn't feel worth it to spend almost an hour to do a M+ with such a low chance of loot. I'm back to doing one a week and stopping because it's simply not worth my very limited time. I get that more dungeons = more vault choices but I don't have the time for 10 for the greatest increase anyway. Finally got a piece of loot in normal raid and it was the same awful ring I got in heroic.

Depends.. equiping multiple chars is a pain in the ass.

Equipping only one char is good. I think min-maxing is faster now, but if you switch character and want to equip a new one to be able to run M+ and Raid.. that's painful.

with end of dungeon loot being below heroic raid loot and no titanforging spamming m+ will be irrelevant in a few weeks anyway, unless you wanna do 10x level 14 for no upgrades besides 3 choices from the weekly vault

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    getting items now does not feel rewarding at all, i just feel sligth relif when getting an item after hours and hours of frustration from not getting anything at all, i rather have titanforge loot pianata back, at least you got a base of items to work with and then your luck rng invloved getting TF or not
    Hahaha oh wow. I knew it was going to happen. I keep hearing that from ingame people as well.
    Turns out TF wasn't so bad after all?

I killed 18 bosses this week (10N, 8H) and I got 2 pieces of loot which were the same item but one normal, one heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I killed 18 bosses this week (10N, 8H) and I got 2 pieces of loot which were the same item but one normal, one heroic.
    Called it 4 months ago, knew it as soon as I heard about how loot will work in SL, you can read some here

It's really hilarious that someone farming mythic+ or raids all day is extremely likely to have there character progress equally as much as someone who just doesn't play WoW at all.

I haven't renewed my subscription, no plans to. I'm not going to pay to watch my phone during flight paths, pointlessly run dungeons, and grind dust only so I can continually waste gold to use/upgrade stuff with it.

Wish you would obtain 0 loots from m+, but who am i ;d

State of obtaining loots through raids is perfect, just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    So, the infinitely spammable M+ no longer showers you with epics for failing the timer and gives loot at a rate much closer to raiding (with it's weekly lockout) and people are complaining?

I was told most people do M+ for the experience and fun and not the easy loot. Guess they've been shown up for what they are.
    thing is they already nerfed the quality of loot you get in M+, so now on average you should get 1.5 pieces of gear from 20man raid (3items per boss/10bosses/20people), on lower level its fine, but if talking about high "over timer" you would have to finish 8 dungeons to have the same odds

so compared to HC raid doing 8 times M+15 over time its roughly the same time comitment and difficulty and the same amount of reward just WORSE...
    seems kind of stupid... if they wanted dungeons to give worse rewards so raiding is still "best" way to get gear, why reducing amount too? bit of overkill

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Wish you would obtain 0 loots from m+, but who am i ;d

State of obtaining loots through raids is perfect, just perfect.
    and you and other fools who feel superior bcs they raid instead of run dungeons already get BETTER gear from your favourite style of play, why should yeou get MORE too?! seems a bit unfair...

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's really hilarious that someone farming mythic+ or raids all day is extremely likely to have there character progress equally as much as someone who just doesn't play WoW at all.
    In all honesty how is it any different from showering players with welfare epics? Someone who hardly plays the game could get decked out in high level mythic+ gear fairly easily. Compare that to someone who spends 9 hours a week raiding mythic, and was the difference in gear really that much?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    People in this thread can whine as much as they like, but m+ is still far more rewarding than raiding and pvp.
    eh, maybe for people who have crapload of time to play
    if you only play on weekends and have time either for raid or couple M+, for the time spent raid will get you more gear, with higher chances someone have gear to trade to you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    The problem is one has lock outs and the other doesnt so balancing that is a nightmare cause you have to draw a line somewhere in regards to playtime for the side without lockouts.
    i think putting "soft" lockout (lets say you cant get more gear after 7-10 runs of M+ in a week) would be better than making M+ drop LESS and WORSE loot...
    people could aim for as high dungeons as possible, as to not reduce their own reward and 7-10 dungeons would give you (on average) the same amount of loot as clearing a raid...
    or to reduce bad luck, make a "lockout" on gear somehow, you can get 2 pieces of loot from M+ per week, after that nothing

Drops too high ilevel loot compared to normal raid. That compounded with 3 items per 20 players per raid boss, it's making m+ the primary loot source before starting your Mythic raiding journey. And you getting 2 pieces of loot per run.. It's not good.

We got to remember Heroic was even bugged and dropped 5 loot pieces the first week per 20 players.. And we still ended doing days of full m+ for gearing, because it dropped good ilevel loot and it was the only source for unlimited loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if you only play on weekends and have time either for raid or couple M+, for the time spent raid will get you more gear, with higher chances someone have gear to trade to you...

- - - Updated - - -

i think putting "soft" lockout (lets say you cant get more gear after 7-10 runs of M+ in a week) would be better than making M+ drop LESS and WORSE loot...
    people could aim for as high dungeons as possible, as to not reduce their own reward and 7-10 dungeons would give you (on average) the same amount of loot as clearing a raid...
    or to reduce bad luck, make a "lockout" on gear somehow, you can get 2 pieces of loot from M+ per week, after that nothing
    That was EXACTLY my idea for M+ loot, i would totally support this. You can get good loot from M+ and still push for higher keys if you want, but with no (or very low) chance of loot.

So far I’m happy with SL loot.
    Personally, I would of liked to see a form of loot lockouts for M+ Instead, But the reduced drop rate seems to have a similar effect.

While it might be frustrating for those who grind dungeons all day everyday, to have consecutive runs with no loot, it’s definitely brought it more inline with raiding which I strongly support.

Each week I might get a raid drop, I might Get a Dungeon drop... if I’m really lucky I’ll get both, or unlucky and get neither, but that’s where the vault comes in and I’m comfortably able to get 4 choices each week.

I did 10 M+ last week as we plowed through some lower keys but this week I was perfectly happy to just do 4 and move onto other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    As you are aware, now we get one drop less per dungeon in m+. So in-time it's 2 items, not in time it's just 1 item. I have to be honest here, I think this change hurts my overall fun of the game the most. On average only 4 out of 10 runs you will get one item, that's not even every 2nd time you go in. And that's if you finish the dungeon in time. I have gone without an item on my main for 5 runs, something I can't really recall back in BFA. I get that they "need" to reduce the drops because there is less RNG with the removal of the TF/WF mechanic. But the game (m+) just feels less fun/rewarding to do. I always thought 3 items per run was pretty much perfect. What do you guys think?

My primarily source of loot will be m+, and the way it is now I am encouraged to just do one M+ and wait for the weekly lockout and get my vault item. The ilvl of normal m+ is lower to begin with and so I feel like I have little incentive to spam m+. Is this the intention? If yes then my journey in SL will be short lived because the main reason I am even still playing WoW are Dungeons.
    Love it. Everything about the loot system in wow feels so much more rewarding than in BFS or even Legion.
    1. Loot is loot. Got your BiS? You are done with that slot until you are progressing in a higher difficulty or to the next patch
    2. You are not swamped by loot. Whole bag full of epics with no idea what is best...
    3. Amount of loot is not as bad as many people try to say. You are just not decked out in week 1. You have to play bit.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The old system was a lot of loot endorphins week one and then mostly sharding non titanforged items and having a weekly chest of disappointment experience.

Now week one is a bit of a slow burn, but looting a purple is more fun most of the time and I know that my first 10 runs are actually helping me with the loot that counts.

So for me it's 10/10 please never go back.
    Well i suppose if you considered looting a legendary in Legion as fun then yea i can indeed see why you would like this system.

- - - Updated - - -

Well thats th ething, atm as far as time investment goes, even with a limited time M+ is more rewarding. Furthermore how are you going to clear the raids without the M+ loot to carry you through them because if you relied on raids you would have maybe 1-3 drops a week clearing bother normal and heroics.

The problem is going to feel even worse when they introduce tier sets and with how low drop rates are do not expect to ever get them till they become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Drops too high ilevel loot compared to normal raid. That compounded with 3 items per 20 players per raid boss, it's making m+ the primary loot source before starting your Mythic raiding journey. And you getting 2 pieces of loot per run.. It's not good.

We got to remember Heroic was even bugged and dropped 5 loot pieces the first week per 20 players.. And we still ended doing days of full m+ for gearing, because it dropped good ilevel loot and it was the only source for unlimited loot.
    But normal raid is way easier than current m+. Doing a +12 requires way more effort than any boss on normal this week (tyranical). I would say that that first 4 bosses in HC are easier than most of the bosses on +13.

Maybe only if you're in a guild and thus have a schedule. But I am confident that this isn't true even in this case. Raid drops have also been massively nerfed and a raid still takes several hours to complete. Loot per hour is much higher in m+ no matter how you look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    But normal raid is way easier than current m+. Doing a +12 requires way more effort than any boss on normal this week (tyranical). I would say that that first 4 bosses in HC are easier than most of the bosses on +13.
    M+10 used to drop ilvl207 gear. They've only recently nerfed it so that you have to do +12 to get such gear.

Still, what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever. You can raid heroic only ONCE per week, while you can do m+ as much as you like. Even if m+ dungeons, that are more on the difficult level as heroic raids, drop worse loot, you can still do them as much as you like and thus get geared for this difficulty level in no time and progress further to a point where you can get gear that is on par with heroic. If you are raiding heroics you may only get 1-2 (or 0) pieces of loot and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    They serve a purpose like gear from heroics if you plan to go further. If you want to push higher keys, gear has a reason and can give you the edge. But if you're like me now and just really play solo play and the odd mythic with no aim other than some mounts and transmog, my gear really doesn't bother me.
    I understood that a long time ago. I was pointing out OP's contradictions. ask for more loots, says they are meaningless....

my other problem with the op is "loot=fun. less loot=less fun". I guess we don't get the fun from the same source. I'm mostly a solo player too. if the fun was in the loot, I would've stop playing a long time ago.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-22 at 12:22 PM.