Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the ripple effect is going to lead to less players than ever seeing Mythic raiding, which is where most of their effort goes. I think they should be trying to get MORE people into it, not locking them out of it with gear droughts.

They're clearly building their entire endgame around less than 5% of their PvE playerbase. Once again - The reason classic was so successful in hooking people is that they just had to invest their time into a guild and its members to have access to great gear. You now need to do that, while also playing at a level most of the playerbase isn't capable of. Mythic raiding beyond the first 30% of the raid is so far beyond most guilds/players now that it's not even approachable. CE is an absolute longshot - I'd say I can't wait to see the stats on CE this tier, but with sales - they're always kinda screwy.

You can either build an MMO for those players, or the rest of the playerbase. They've made the decision, and its their game - so I'm sure it's working for them somehow.

i hate it. I'm at 205 and i have literally no reason to run them aside from the great vault. Combine this with the real melee killer affixes we've had two weeks in a row and i'm not having a lot of fun in m+ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I think the ripple effect is going to lead to less players than ever seeing Mythic raiding, which is where most of their effort goes. I think they should be trying to get MORE people into it, not locking them out of it with gear droughts.

They're clearly building their entire endgame around less than 5% of their PvE playerbase. Once again - The reason classic was so successful in hooking people is that they just had to invest their time into a guild and its members to have access to great gear. You now need to do that, while also playing at a level most of the playerbase isn't capable of. Mythic raiding beyond the first 30% of the raid is so far beyond most guilds/players now that it's not even approachable. CE is an absolute longshot - I'd say I can't wait to see the stats on CE this tier, but with sales - they're always kinda screwy.

You can either build an MMO for those players, or the rest of the playerbase. They've made the decision, and its their game - so I'm sure it's working for them somehow.
    What in the sweet fuck are you talking about?

You make it seem like mythic raiders have a 50% bonus to drops. ANYONE can mythic raid if there willing to put in the time like every other xpac that has existed. (highest content available rather as mythic wasnt always around)

No one cares that some scrub that can't do a +5 can't get an ilvl high enough to mythic raid. If you want to mythic raid you WILL have the ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Raiding should be at least. Arena has a lower participation point then pet battles at this point and it far to easy to cheese. I'm nearing a glad mount simply by cheesing wins with a comp of three mm hunters.
    Arena has always been a total joke all the way back to BC.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Vanilla before classic "It was so great. Gear mattered. Not every could join MC guild. "Have you heard about Vael? The guild killer?". Now that the classic content turned out to be free for all loot pinjata without any challenge. These same people cry for not being able to obtain bis loot with just participating 2 times a week. There's TBC coming sooner than later go "enjoy" it.

Current system where your char will be completed at some point is way to go. There shouldn't be any endless char progression. So basicly endlessly farming for that titanforged instead of doing 1-30 runs to get that piece you want is fine. Only thing I would chance is that there should be way to target loot with badges. Like conquest point system is for PVP and you can upgrade it with anchievement for example all dungeons +5 in time/+8/+12/+15. But you don't want to do dungeon for only points so maybe there could be some kind of hybrid. Remove the extra loot from completing the dungeon in time and instead of that add these "valor points".

Quote Originally Posted by chris885 View Post
    That's so ture. People just leave the group when they felt that it won't time and they don't believe it worth to spent another 30 mins for a 20% chance of loot. Espeically after all the lowest DPSer with most error and ZERO interrput got the loot. It just hurt so baddly.
    Maybe If you worried about your own performance first you would wipe less and people wouldn't leave. M+ loot is fine. Spamable content the can reward heroic loot. Raiding loot needs to be fixed. It should reward at least one item every 5 players. Blizzard has fucked this up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Gear is still a tool you need to conquer higher difficulties.

Everyone is easily enough at ilvl 184 since m0 drops as always. But now apply to +10 or even +7 with that gear...

Been said multiple times here, loot change hurts the wrong players.
    Players in 184 don't deserve to be doing 10s. They deserve to be doing 3s. Just because multiple people have said a thing doesn't mean it is right. Multiple people here are wrong. People are just being too greedy and expect to be carried through content. No jimmy. I am not taking you in my 7 run. 184 ilvl is not going to cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    What in the sweet fuck are you talking about?

You make it seem like mythic raiders have a 50% bonus to drops.
    I personally love it when someone acts like I've said something nonsensical after proving they have the reading comprehension of a tube sock.

50% bonus to drops. Yikes. You're lost in the sauce, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I personally love it when someone acts like I've said something nonsensical after proving they have the reading comprehension of a tube sock.

50% bonus to drops. Yikes. You're lost in the sauce, dude.
    Maybe get off mmoc and actually play the game and you can get past +3s.

Why is everyone cryinng?

Its perfect the way it is.

They really need to bring back badges or some form of currency along those lines so it doesn’t feel like such a waste of time when you don’t get loot.

They could add a ton of cosmetics and stuff to it to so it’s still relevant long after you have all the gear.

It's awesome going multiple m+ runs without a piece of gear and then do 12 bosses between heroic and normal and get 1 piece of gear...I think excluding a legendary, I got two pieces of gear to drop for me this week...was lucky enough one person traded me some gloves they didnt need. That's after 12 bosses and 13 m+....so...yea this system is garbage...not only did they decrease quality they decreased the quantity...you do one and make tweaks from there...not both and then stand pat and say nah fam deal wit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    They really need to bring back badges or some form of currency along those lines so it doesn’t feel like such a waste of time when you don’t get loot.

They could add a ton of cosmetics and stuff to it to so it’s still relevant long after you have all the gear.
    yep, agree 100%...give me something im working towards that is guaranteed to be an item I want...if people say well you have the vault...nah sorry random rewards where i get to choose the least shitty one isn't what I want...I want something like badges so i can completely control what I'm getting.

I unlocked the vault thing that requires you to do 10 mythic keystones for the week. Pretty sure I did somewhere between 12-14 keys this week. All I got was a trinket and an dagger with awful stats.

It's not only mythic+ though. Only got 1 shitty trinket from sunking in normal CN, and didn't get anything at all from heroic.

On december 15 my ilvl was 199, and now two weeks later it's just 201. It feels like I'm sinking hours into the game for absolutely nothing.

The dungeons as a whole I like, though there are some that are 100% over tuned. What I don't like is the extreme lack of loot. 2+ weeks now and not 1 piece of gear has dropped between 2 lvl 60 toons.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Some people really can't understand big picture. It was like this:

Blizzard - B
    Players - P

P: Something in my rear tire makes a strange noise (Titanforging too stronk, loot to common)
    B: I got you (proceeds to make new expansion)

After weeks has passed, P came in to retrieve their car from service.

P: WTF is that?
    B: Oh, we removed the wheel that was making noises, thats what you wanted right? (reduced overall loot)
    P: How am I even suppose to drive this thing?
    B: Don't worry, 3 wheels is enough, it will run
    P: But why is my spare tire missing from trunk? (Bonus rolls removed)
    B: Well, since you have just 3 tires we figured it won't be necessary anymore, and besides, rear was a bit too heavy and car dipped when turning so... you now, it had to go.
    P: Okayyy... but my steering wheel is locked, can't even turn this! (full personal loot, no control over loot distribution)
    B: We analyzed route you usually go and it turned out to be a straight line, so just to be sure that car rear won't hit the road, we locked in in position
    P: WTF!? I can't use that thing anymore! I want a refund!
    B: Now now, don't be such a wuss, look! We added new nitro boost system! (weekly vault)
    P: How can I even control this?
    B: You don't, its fully automatic! Isn't it wonderful? It has a chance to activates itself at certain time of the week, depending on how log you were driving.

and that about it.

So from functional car that had its problems (well it was old), we got retarded three-wheeled car with full rng nitro boost that cannot even turn.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-12-29 at 07:40 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I have yet to see anyone get excited to get nothing except a repair bill at the end of a run. Is this big Blizzards idea to sell tokens for loot funnels? Not getting the math at all. Even more annoying that they just throw gear for PvP. Hell, I wanted to cry when I found I can buy mythic quality weapon with nearly perfectly stats with honor after several handfuls of runs with NOTHING.

Its created a more toxic environment if anything. I've seen so many more people rage quit when mythics look like they're going to go south, and why shouldnt they when its a 20% chance to get anything except another strike on the weekly vault.

My subscription ends here soon, and I see no reason to renew it until later on in the expansion when I can atleast fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    *best

Just because you are bad while people like you pull less than the healer and have mental breakdowns whenever there is a timer involved doesn't mean m+ is bad.

Casuals who play 2 hours a week DO NOT deserve loot falling from the sky. Go play diablo.
    Agree. Loot has not been this great since The Burning Fucking Crusade. WotLK started this casual approach which reached the top in BfA. You should get reward for the content you do, gear showering went way way too far.

I applaud blizzard for these changes.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-12-29 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Agree. Loot has not been this great since The Burning Fucking Crusade. WotLK started this casual approach which reached the top in BfA. You should get reward for the content you do, gear showering went way way too fat.

I applaud blizzard for these changes.
    Yeah had a 184 weapon for the first two weeks, felt amazing getting a 210 from the end of a dungeon. Instead of 2 weeks into the expansion "not titanforged, insta disenchant." I worked for that weapon, we worked our way up struggling to time 15s, now we are farming them and push occasionally.

The only problem i have with the loot (and it isn't even about the drop rate) they need to do trinket balancing more often. My buddy who tanks m+ needed the trinket from other side. 30 something other side runs later we got it and it felt GOOD. It's just THAT much better than other trinkets in m+ is the problem.

I know dreadfire and chain are another culprit of that too for certain specs.

I am of the opinion that dungeons should become dead content for your character after the initial gearing up and getting ready for raiding.

I enjoyed the M0 world tours before season 1 and would not mind going through that on alts before getting into raids. Everybody doing those knew full well it was a finite thing.

Dungeons should be nothing more than a step toward getting your character end-game ready, when it comes to player power. Cosmetics ? By all means, feel free to push to your heart's content.

The current compromise of having to do just 1 m+ a week for player power is acceptable to me. I would not mind eliminating dungeons completely from my weekly routine.

I agree that the current 35 anima reward is pretty bad, but that applies to raid bosses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Then you upgraded it through the vendor, base gear is not 177. and still not the 190 mentioned earlier that you can reach now with covenant gear
    Ok, let me quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    In about 2 weeks
    Aluding to how i speak about the future, not what you can get now

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    you will be able to mostly deck out your alts in 190 gear (in form of the covenant sets, if i'm not mistaken about the ilvl),
    "decking out" means equiping that gear, not straight up getting it pre-upgraded.

with a sure way to get 1 ilvl200 item a week.
    All the while mains will struggle for upgrades and will sit in the 200-210 bracket for a while.
    Reviewing this part; the cap is 1650 conquest a week; thus you can get almost 2 items a week on average till then.

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
    I am of the opinion that dungeons should become dead content for your character after the initial gearing up and getting ready for raiding.
    I don't disagree with the opinion, but the issue is that with the current player-base that's just not sustainable or rational. Nobody will develop content with that in mind nowadays.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-12-29 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    getting items now does not feel rewarding at all, i just feel sligth relif when getting an item after hours and hours of frustration from not getting anything at all, i rather have titanforge loot pianata back, at least you got a base of items to work with and then your luck rng invloved getting TF or not
    Found the Twitter user

Next you're gonna be saying the game's not inclusive enough and needs easier difficulty settings.

Fuck my generation. Just does not want to work for a single thing in their life. Just wants it handed to them the same way it was in their childhood lol