Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    This has nothing to do with trolling, at all.
    If going solo, you obviously have to heal yourself sometimes, no? You can't tell me you solo mythics without using WoG, at all. I'd even say that you do not even try to solo anything.
    I've solo'd mythic dungeons on my pally. For almost all packs, its cooldown + max sotr uptime, using shining light procs for the free wog, while kiting as much as I can.
    If i'm in the territory where I'm facing death and have to spam WoG to keep alive, i've fucked up long before that. Usually in sotr uptime and planning of cooldowns... But yeh, of course, if you're about to die in the next 1-2 secs, use wog...you never wanna die as tank, ultimate failure

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I've solo'd mythic dungeons on my pally. For almost all packs, its cooldown + max sotr uptime, using shining light procs for the free wog, while kiting as much as I can.
    If i'm in the territory where I'm facing death and have to spam WoG to keep alive, i've fucked up long before that. Usually in sotr uptime and planning of cooldowns... But yeh, of course, if you're about to die in the next 1-2 secs, use wog...you never wanna die as tank, ultimate failure
    No one in the world said you spam the shit out of WoG. Nothing about death-territory at all.
    It's just the logic behind it - if you take less dmg than a certain treshold while sotr is up (depending on armor/strength), wog is simply the better solution IF dps is not important or needed, at all, which is obviously almost always needed (I dislike tanks that do not care for dps and just aggro -> afk ; seeing to many of those, sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by Nybras View Post
    Hey guys, long time no see.

I've been pally tanking since WOTLK. I loved it, felt like I always had something to do, damage was decent and plenty of defensive buttons.
    I learned tanking because of WotLK. I get it was easy time to learn, but everything was considered 'easy' after getting the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I dislike tanks that do not care for dps and just aggro -> afk ; seeing to many of those, sadly.
    Our DPS as tank is huge, Bulwark is just the dumbest thing i've ever saw, you kick the hell out of mobs with this, got 250 pal prot, i go up to 15k+ with 2-3 mob and over 25k+ with 5, who need heal when no one survive ?

give a chance to Palprot, it's not very fun when you start it but, once you have Hakkar trinket, high weap and you legendary you just explode everything

Interesting. I got all tanks to 2k+ in SL and so far I would say that Paladin os one of my favourites. It's definitely a lot of fun, although Divine Toll is a big part of it, so make sure you are playing Kyrian.
    I still feel quite spiky in some content, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be before they buffed damage reduction.
    Our damage is good, our healing is good, plus all the utility paladin gets is amazing. I only wish they made Final Stand talent into a baseline ability, but that's a wishful thinking of course

Try the Venthyr one too, their big one (I forget name) has a 4 minute cooldown but it has a big area and seems to hit pretty hard. When I get a big pack in there I can nearly match my mage buddy for dps. Lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Try the Venthyr one too, their big one (I forget name) has a 4 minute cooldown but it has a big area and seems to hit pretty hard. When I get a big pack in there I can nearly match my mage buddy for dps. Lots of fun.
    Cant wait for 2 legendries and using the Ashen Hallow extender power. 45 second Hallow and CD reduction if you step out early.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Cant wait for 2 legendries and using the Ashen Hallow extender power. 45 second Hallow and CD reduction if you step out early.
    It's awesome, but nothing beats launching 5 shields out at once on a 1 minute CD.
    Dropahammer - Paladin
    Dropakeg-Thrall - BrM Monk
    Dropagrip-Thrall - Blood DK

Quote Originally Posted by Aligian View Post
    I learned tanking because of WotLK. I get it was easy time to learn, but everything was considered 'easy' after getting the gear.
    I’m tanking as a pally in tbc classic right now and it’s not great. Just leveling but I’m not super strong and I don’t have many buttons. If I’m taking a lot of damage I can stun a mob once per minute, drink a pot, and that’s about it. I can grab add aggro fairly well, but if I have one troll dps who’s two levels above me I can kiss boss aggro goodbye and then my damage drops to shit.

Haven’t reached max level but my sense is that outside of specific bosses pallies aren’t even really desired in raids because they aren’t great at mitigating boss damage and don’t have great single target threat.

But idk, I’m a noob. Might just get this guy to max so I can use him to get stuff for my priest (who’s a few levels behind). Then if I play wrath it’s pally time.