Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    More like every day to do daily quest if want to get rep up
    Honestly short of the people who exploited it, there actually is very little benefit for going every day. You MIGHT save like a week at best to get the final level, but the tiny amounts from rares etc and even the dailies aren't that much. The weeklies are where the big money is.

Suramar was the one of a few things i really, REALLY liked in Legion.
    Such a waste that they did not make it as neutral city after Nighthold patch.
    The Maw sucks tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Maw plays like a GW2 HoT map, before they added mounts.

Don’t like it much. Pace is too slow, you aggro everything. Feels bad even if I’m even a shaman so at least I can use gw.

Going there - apart from Thorgast - only if I have a quest from the covenant.

It just feels like a more tedious version of Argus. The biggest problem with the Maw is the combination of both not being able to mount up and every single thing you do raising your Eye level. This leads to less people being willing to help out (because they don't want to raise their Eye level), and most of your time just trying to run past mobs instead of actually engaging in them. Hell, half of the time I spend in the Maw is just running around to do the various quests. If they only did one or the other (allow you to mount or make a lot more mobs not increase your Eye level/raise it at a MUCH slower rate) I think it wouldn't be as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That's your decision. There's nothing in the maw that's forced upon you.
    Except the 60% of the campaign that requires you to keep going back.
    I'm with you, OP. Worst zone to date, avoid whenever possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Pretty boring indeed!

They said it was a horrible place where we didn't want to stay too long. Very accurate advertising!

I would say Vale (at start of MoP) was worse than the Maw as it is now at the start of SL. The Maw dailies do not lock all other end-game progression behind them. You can do the weeklies if you don't like it and farm dailies if you do. Some of the fights are interesting. The lack of a mount, as a worgen druid, is a joke. There are so many mounted mobs running around that despite having three mounts I can use innately, I still kill them to take their mount just for achievement progress. Some mobs are a lot more dangerous than others (I can solo all the hunts I've tried so far, though I can't solo the one Wrath of the Jailer hunter boss), but I think it's good to encourage some level of grouping. So far the only really annoying part of it is when one can only get three/fourths of the people to summon those specific rares.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Did that yesterday and read on wowhead about how broken and bad it is etc. What is the uproar? I basically did it on the second try. You tap a button to keep afloat. If that is hard, how do people even do LFR?
    The normal route is pretty easy. The challenge route is...well...a lot more challenging. If you did that in two attempts, I applaud your skill!

I mean... just like torghast it's okish... except the no mount thing. But, well... i liked warfronts and people hated on that too (though they could've been better).
    I also liked islands, aside from the pvp timer and random rewards.

I always feel like the devs are close but they never quite hit the mark due to a bad design decision.

I don't understand what are you guys doing in the Maw apart from weekly quest that takes 5 min to complete. There is no content and no rewards.

Torghast is the worst thing Blizzard has made though.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    I don't understand what are you guys doing in the Maw apart from weekly quest that takes 5 min to complete. There is no content and no rewards.

Torghast is the worst thing Blizzard has made though.
    Thats what I do, go in, get the 5 souls, get out then do something in SL that is fun.

Options ftw!

It's ok. And it's supposed to be incovenient after all. The only bad things about it is that there's nothing really to do. Kill a few so called rares and go out.

I never cared much about Suramar and Timeless Islebso for me, those 2 are definitely below Maw.

So much QQ over not being able to mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Every time I see someone complaining the only thing I read is 'no mount = bad, me not like no mount, hurr'. Some people just seem to be completely unable to think even a single step beyond this.
    I disagree. It's a matter of respect for the players time. It's building stress to the player for no good reason.
    Same reason gating flying is terrible. I cannot wait for flying cause it will eliminate a lot of stress from activities like farming or herbing and just getting to a world quest.
    Forcing players to make the same boring walk thousands of times is quite frankly unthoughtful in the least. There is no fun in it. I am not imersed, i am annoyed, especially in such a game with dense monster population and a huge agro radious.

So, now you got your reason, like it wasn't obvious. If you like to waste your time doing the same boring walk everyday, agroing every mob that looks at you and killing them for no point but just being able to pass while taking way longer cause you got nothing better to do with your life, it's your choice.

I am gonna continue to complain about it myself. Cause it's terrible design to have it be that way outside the leveling and exploring the map once.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Yes, absolutely. Without a doubt.

It's so bad that I just don't go there anymore on any of my characters. I simply don't care. Fuck the maw.

Yup. I am already leaning towards unsubbing.

I do raids once, maybe twice, not a fan of the toxicity in the Mythic Dungeon community, so I usually spend my time on alts, BGs and doing random old content. The Maw, I can't even bring myself to take alts through that horrible intro.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

I don't mind it too much now when I only do it two or three times a week. It's quite nice with better gear. Everyday? Fuck that

The Maw sucks big time and I'm glad it's somewhat optional content. I just do it once a week for renown and that's it.

This place is never meant to be pretty or convinient. It's literally warcraft's version of hell. You don't want to be there.

Kinda sad this is just a mundane questing area though. It could be much better if they made suitable content for this. Questing in general sucks, thus The Maw sucks as it's only questing, nothing much else.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Except the 60% of the campaign that requires you to keep going back.
    I'm with you, OP. Worst zone to date, avoid whenever possible.
    can't think of any covenant that requires you to go there 60% of the time (infact I have not been sent there at all as Kyrian and only once as Nightfae). And Bolvar is only interested in Torghast for now.

Soon they’ll take away the ability to run and you’ll have to rp walk every where lol

All Shadowlands cotent is made in slowness in mind. It so bad because it's much more timer sink then BfA. Word quest are terrible, Maw is ultra bad.