Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I haven’t found a reason to do the maw besides the save souls quest once a week, what am I missing?
    nothing, OP is being a drama queen

People calling the Maw "challenging" may also try to pick their nose with a pencil between their toes: also challenging but stupid at the same time.

Worst ever? No.

Abysmal? Yes I think.

It's not difficult it is just tedious. Unfortunately they locked a lot of player power behind the long grind to exalted (or the equivalent, cordial I think?). Having the only source of gems, 80 second stat points which is roughly equal to ~60 primary for my main is too much to ignore. Spread across 20 people in mythic, it isn't an inconsiderable power increase.

The real issue I have is the time investment and the need to do it daily. Skipping once will put you behind everyone. Even doing it suboptimally puts you behind. They rebalanced the stygia but not the rep, so you still need to wait for the big elites to respawn instead of the soloable rares to get your ~1500 rep/day. I gave up a while ago on doing it optimally and now get around 1k rep a day. After a week I'm already about 3k behind our guild's pushers. They'll reach cordial a few weeks ahead of me and the rest of the daily players not doing it perfectly.

I think if they made the maw a weekly grind that would be so much better. Give us a bar 4-5 times larger with the same tiers and threats. Rebalance everything so that each mob gives the same amount of eye progression per rep point as each other. E.g. say you can get 5000 rep per week, and each tier starts at the new 1000. So tier 1 at 1k rep earned, tier 2 at 2k, and it kicks you out of the maw at 5k. Then make it so quests don't give you rep at tier 5 to get around the annoying min-max thing of doing quests while at tier 5.

That still wouldn't be fun for me, but I could at least tolerate it and there'd be much less min-maxing the rep and just being able to enjoy the zone more. It's frustrating to either spend cumulative hours waiting on big elites to respawn or purposely hold yourself back for weeks.

I imagine as a less hardcore/min-max player the maw is far more enjoyable. The changes I'm suggesting wouldn't hurt their experience I think, while improving it greatly for those of us who want to min-max.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I know it was?

edited post to make my opinion clearer.
    I stand corrected then, pardon me

The Maw is literally worse than Vashj'ir.

The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    ah you mean that place where i free 5 souls for +1 renown and then forget it exists till next reset

i dont mind it - i just completly ignore it

aparently i have "plenty of content to do in there" - i guess mainly because i completly ignore it so i do

it drops no gear so it doesnt exist for me untill 2023-2024 when i will farm mounts/transmogs in there when legacy buff kicks in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    People calling the Maw "challenging" may also try to pick their nose with a pencil between their toes: also challenging but stupid at the same time.
    hahahaha i love you comment gonna steal it and use it in future if you dont mind it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    No, Blizzard made WoD.
    Much more accurate. For two cents WoD was problem at the start, tied way to much to the garrison, ruined any need to even go out in the world and the amount of cut content was staggering and they gave players a s"selfie patch" and tried to shrug it off as content.

Pretty lackluster if you ask me. but im sure venari rep will come in handy at some point so i might as well start working on it. as of now i rarely venture there past the souls weekly quest

3+ Year Old Account
    Suramar was bad, Maw is good. :P
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Maw is the most fun dayliegrind I've ever done in warcraft (I play since 3.2)

So no, it's not the worst.

I enjoy the Maw. The threat level raises a little to fast for my liking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    So much QQ over not being able to mount.
    Tbh the only.really annoying thing about that is I Keep going to to so it on instinct before I remember. Barring that the Zone is small enough you don't need them anyway.

its not bad, but the Jailer thing where you get bombed and hunted does piss me off,

I know the Maw is supposed to be hell, and that hell sucks I GET THAT

But the Maw alone has made me unable to get excited about SL, i hate it so much that i havent even bothered to log in since i hit 60

The Maw is great! I love that it has some difficulty, as well as that there's a limit to how much you can grind it in a day.

Folks who don't play Druid or Shaman should likely have more options for movement, though. The mounts that you can steal seem relatively rare.

Some people like the Maw, some hate it...

Some people love MoP, some hate it...

Some people love Suramar, some hate it...

Some people love Artifact weapon progression, some hate it...

Some people love BC dungeon requirements, some hate it...
    How about, GROW UP and deal with it??? Blizzard can't make a game where everyone will have what they want. This is a MMO!!! Massive Multiplayer Online game. So a BIG bow to Blizz that they still know how to make a game fun to so many millions of players every 2years for 16years...
    Last edited by Kauko; 2020-12-16 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Some people like the Maw, some hate it...

Some people love MoP, some hate it...

Some people love Suramar, some hate it...

Some people love Artifact weapon progression, some hate it...

Some people love BC dungeon requirements, some hate it...
    How about, GROW UP and deal with it??? Blizzard can't make a game where everyone will have what they want. This is a MMO!!! Massive Multiplayer Online game. So a BIG bow to Blizz that they still know how to make a game fun to so many millions of players every 2years for 16years...
    It wouldn't be problem, if it wouldn't be mandatory. Don't like it - don't do it. Why this concept is so hard to understand? And Blizzard just make bad content and then try to make an illusion, that it's popular, via making it mandatory. Players do it =/= popular. Players have to do, what they don't like, if it's mandatory.

- - - Updated - - -

The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    Currently I try to ignore it as much as possible. Same, as I did with TI, Suramar and similar mandatory locations. I just hope, that it will be nerfed in a future patches.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely. The maw is awful. What is blizzard's obsession with making things annoying? Not able to mount in a zone is one of their worst examples of adding annoying AF mechanics to the game.

Worst? No.

Was the "design decision" to not allow mounting and make the experience there bad a terrible one? Absofuckinglutely. I'm not playing a game to be miserable, fun is the most important thing, and the Maw is not fun.

The maw definitely has a charm of some sort to it, but it can also be very annoying. I don't really understand the idea of not allowing people to group up while in it....are we in 2010 again? Some of the hunts are downright impossible on low pop servers. Losing stygia on death is also kinda of a pain in the ass. Not sure what the point of that really is besides making it annoying.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Not gonna lie, I forgot the Maw existed. I went there once and was like "Nah, i'll skip this and wait for the socket catch up mechanic that is bound to come out"