Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is gearing up too easy?

I'm not sure how to word this because I know people are just going to reply with, 'Shadowlands is actually slower because they nerfed M+ drop rates and the end of a dungeon' but I get this feeling it's too easy to gear up now. All it takes is a +10 and you get near Mythic raiding gear at the end of the week. This has got me a 220 wep already, when the other day I was literally using 146 weps. I can't put my finger on what it is, other than...why am I decked out in purples with my BiS legendary already?

Mythic+ reward infinite loot seems problematic to me. Shouldn't gearing feel slower? It's literally the end of the first week of season 1 and I have a 220 item.

tell that to my 170 ilvl weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I'm not sure how to word this because I know people are just going to reply with, 'Shadowlands is actually slower because they nerfed M+ drop rates and the end of a dungeon' but I get this feeling it's too easy to gear up now. All it takes is a +10 and you get near Mythic raiding gear at the end of the week. This has got me a 220 wep already, when the other day I was literally using 146 weps. I can't put my finger on what it is, other than...why am I decked out in purples with my BiS legendary already?

Mythic+ reward infinite loot seems problematic to me. Shouldn't gearing feel slower? It's literally the end of the first week of season 1 and I have a 220 item.
    Depends. I feel like it's slow. This expec so far I'm getting almost zero drops from anything I do. World Boss, LFR, Mythics, Mythic+. I either get a drop for an area where I already have that gear or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Nice brag post.
    This. "look at my new weapon, it's soooo easy"

Meanwhile 9 m+ runs here, 6 on time and 0 loot.

Good for you, buddy.u

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

nice brag post. have you figured out how to get 1000 anima yet?
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-12-16 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

Good for you, buddy.u
    hes talking abou the overpoweredness of the weekly loot. Wich tbh is way too strong. I did a +10 on my alt yday, and today when i come home that sucky alt has a guarnateed 220 waiting. That alt does NOT deserve that near mythic raid ilvl loot tbh.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post

Good for you, buddy.u
    Same here, and it hurts my tank so bad with low ilvl, so find it hard to progress without items. And when we fail, you bet it's always the deadweight that gets drop.
    3 drops and 2 when timer runs out was the sweet spot imo. You still need to get items for a specific slot, from a specific dungeon. Hope they buff it soon, cause I bet it's the armor stacking that made them nerf it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my gear is 170-190 so probably not...

Depending of the content you do and the time you spend doing it i guess, there is no chance of gearing now to do normal raid without doing M+ , so for people not doing a lot of keys, its way harder to get good loot to step into the next content tier.

Mythic+ was "supposed" to be alternative pve content to raiding, not a means to gear for it, even if you can use it as such, i somewhat miss being able to raid normal mode with hc gear and some crafted items

I think getting good gear atm is harder/more time consuming than bfa and legion, at the very least.

What? Is this post literally just "I got lucky and got my weapon - look at me"?

If you don't raid and had perfect rng it'd still take over 3 months to be full bis via the weekly box, and realistically only like 0.1% of ppl will get full bis from this before next tier. So how is gearing to quick? You literally have 1 item and it's not even your bis. I will agree the legendaries felt a bit pointless, basically like a talent point.

There's also people who mythic raid who already have there actual BiS items.

I'm kinda confused, how do you want loot to work? Do you want it so things drop at a base ilvl and you need to spend the next several weeks upgrading the ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hes talking abou the overpoweredness of the weekly loot. Wich tbh is way too strong. I did a +10 on my alt yday, and today when i come home that sucky alt has a guarnateed 220 waiting. That alt does NOT deserve that near mythic raid ilvl loot tbh.
    So you got carried through a +10 then are complaining that your getting rewards not equal to your ilvl?

Then.... Don't get carried??? How is that anyones fault but your own. That's like paying for a boost then complaining that gearing is to easy because you've cleared content your character isn't geared for.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2020-12-16 at 01:22 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    What? Is this post literally just "I got lucky and got my weapon - look at me"?

If you don't raid and had perfect rng it'd still take over 3 months to be full bis via the weekly box, and realistically only like 0.1% of ppl will get full bis from this before next tier. So how is gearing to quick? You literally have 1 item and it's not even your bis. I will agree the legendaries felt a bit pointless, basically like a talent point.

There's also people who mythic raid who already have there actual BiS items.

I'm kinda confused, how do you want loot to work? Do you want it so things drop at a base ilvl and you need to spend the next several weeks upgrading the ilvl?

So you got carried through a +10 then are complaining that your getting rewards not equal to your ilvl?

Then.... Don't get carried??? How is that anyones fault but your own. That's like paying for a boost then complaining that gearing is to easy because you've cleared content your character isn't geared for.
    he does think that normal ilvl drops are too high https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-ilvl-too-high I dunno I think this guy just makes ridiculous threads to stir people.

I think the M+ route is way too easy and fast compared to raiding.
    It should not be endlessly repeatable and should have some kind of weekly lockout.
    Also the Vault item where able to get to mythic itemlevel, while raiders where stuck at 213.

Doing a few high keys that don't even need to be timed, compared to doing 7 or 10 mythic raid kills? That doesnt seem right.

About the difficulty in the PVP Tier i have no clue, but the fact that it can spit out 233 weapons in the first week is a bit ridiculous also.^^

People acting like every casual can afford to do a +10 on all their toons, when in reality it's a select few who actually manages to do such high content this early.

Gz on winning the lottery with your weapon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Nice brag post.
    It's all in how you look at it, I guess. My ilvl on my main is 169. I have nearly every slot filled with 171 gear from heroic dungeons, without really trying. I don't do mythics, don't buy gear on the AH (minus the legendary), and haven't even seen all the dungeons this expansion has to offer.

With all that said, I agree with the OP. I barely did anything to get 169, so the experience doesn't feel much different from other expansions.

Was this a brag post?

The hard part is getting whatever piece of loot you need. Which can take time if you're unlucky.

It's probably quite fine tbh.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    About the difficulty in the PVP Tier i have no clue, but the fact that it can spit out 233 weapons in the first week is a bit ridiculous also.^^
    I'll answer to this since i'm more into pvp content at the moment. Considering it's week 1, you had to be either a rogue or a reeeeally good pvp-er to get a 226 item on the first vault of the season (233 are not yet available). I've done a couple +9 keys, landing a 216 item, and it was considerably easier than reaching 1K8 atm for a 216 pvp item (unless you play a fotm character/comp). So, not that ridiculous tbh
    Last edited by Molov; 2020-12-16 at 01:46 PM.

So because you got 1 piece of gear that is 220 and upgraded your 146 that means gearing is too easy? I mean first off that just means you got carried in a +10 as it is unlikely you contributed much to the entire run compared to others. Second, we are still in the early stages of gearing so almost anything seems like an upgrade. Give it a few weeks and you'll be seeing items that aren't an upgrade or like 1% of an increase, even with the vault and its multiple options.

Quote Originally Posted by Molov View Post
    I'll answer to this since i'm more into pvp content at the moment. Considering it's week 1, you had to be either a rogue or a reeeeally good pvp-er to get a 226 item on the first vault of the season (233 are not yet available).

This news says otherwise
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=319937/...t-weekly-cache

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's all in how you look at it, I guess. My ilvl on my main is 169. I have nearly every slot filled with 171 gear from heroic dungeons, without really trying. I don't do mythics, don't buy gear on the AH (minus the legendary), and haven't even seen all the dungeons this expansion has to offer.

With all that said, I agree with the OP. I barely did anything to get 169, so the experience doesn't feel much different from other expansions.

Was this a brag post?
    Barely did anything? You said you ran heroic dungeons without really trying and practically full 171 gear. How many did you run? I know I wasn't full 171 on my tank until about 30+ runs in and that is more than "really trying". I also have zero luck with Wrath of the Jailer / World Boss drops so those slots didn't help either. The sad part was it would be more runs than that if the campaign gear didn't upgrade to 171 otherwise I'd be running still to fill in slots. Oh and being upgrade to PvP and upgrade weapon and a few slots to 171 was nice too.

Overall though just because you, or someone, got lucky with RNG doesn't necessarily mean it is easy to gear up.