Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    of course they have no balance.. its Blizzard..

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Yeah that distinction hasn't been a thing in a decade. This thread suffers from a severe lack of actual examples and data tbh.
    Did the data of a 20% dps delta go straight over your head or something? There shouldn't be a 20% delta in the first place, let alone with gimmicky hybrid specs ahead of pures. I expect large buffs for pures to get things back where they should be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the issue is? There's no scarcity, you can easily obtain your BIS legendary memory in most cases so there's no reason to ever craft most of the legendaries. It would be different if your BIS legendary was hard to obtain and you had to craft some filler in the meantime. Not to give them any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    hybrids doing 20% more dps than pure specs

"balanced"

There's no such thing as hybrids and pures anymore and there hasn't been for the vast majority of WoW's life at this point.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

"balanced"

It was about time that we got some love.

Current dps rankings are basically the opposite to those of BfA, what was top or near top then is near the bottom now and vice versa. It was expected.

This ain't no classic where hybrid specs should be way under the pure dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    Playing an Unholy DK and made a waist using the Super Zombie one. It's a joke. Zombie shows up when target has died and stands there with a look of what do I do now. My mistake in thinking that could be fun.
    Why craft Shambler when you can get Phearomones?

Yes, We have to wait for Frenzied Monstrosity or Deadliest Coil but Phearomones is still better than Shambler.

"balanced"

"I PLAY A PURE SO I SHOULD BE 20% AHEAD OF EVERYONE ELSE"

Yeah... no.

It's about time something different than Mage, Rogue or Warlock was at the top.

I'm happy to see DK's, Ferals and Boomies at the top.
    Last edited by AntenoraDK; 2020-12-17 at 01:10 PM.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

3+ Year Old Account
    There should be no balance at all nor could there be in the legendaries. Keep it simple: some legendaries are for pure dps some are for fun stuff and some are for utility. Having all pure dps or having just template 1good dps 1good cc 1fun or smth like this for all classes would be terrible, unfun and uncreative. Legendaries were designed to be fun, when theyy were made only the given class was considered not all classes and balance, that would make the game boring lol

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    That is a much better question. I assume they hold out hope that Blizzard will realize the mistakes they are making and take action to correct it. Sorta like... "Man, Blizz has fucked up like 10 times in a row with the balancing stuffs... Surely they have to fix it this time."

Eventually, even the most hopeful of player will lose faith.
    You thinking something is a mistake does not make it one. Your opinion is not fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Very curious too on which ones @Sunslayer thinks is "godly" and which ones are "insane" and which specs "have no good legendary"
    Legendaries for specs he doesn't play or hates = godly

Legendaries for specs he does play or really likes = no good

It's fine that some legendaries are better than others, people who care about their performance already know which one is the best for their spec. Blizz said that they will try to narrow the gap between the best and worst performing ones, but they want to keep the best ones still on top, so that people won't feel like their 1st pick is no longer the best choice, that would be bad. But balance overall is not that great now - I expected a lot more changes for this week's reset. I checked the data at warcraft logs for the raid on heroic and m+ (only counting last day so including the recent changes) - some specs need a lot of buffs (assassination, BM, frost mages & DKs, fury, survival, arcane, prot warr, destruction), some could use a minor buff (ret, arms, enhance, havoc, demo), and some could use a slight nerf (resto sham, moonkin, vengeance, brewmaster).

Links: raid damage https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...lty=4&sample=1
    raid healing: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...e=1&metric=hps
    m+ performance: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...cs/25#sample=1

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You know what the issue is? There's no scarcity, you can easily obtain your BIS legendary memory in most cases so there's no reason to ever craft most of the legendaries.
    Theres a raiding lege, lege for all around dungeons, tyrannical week lege, fort week lege, necrotic week lege, os leges. What do you mean with single bis?
    Ah, dps with only dps meter lege. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Wow, that sounds beyond horrendous. And this went live. Wow, that sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

uh what? Some do almost nothing while some do tons of damage. They arent even within probably 70% of one another atm. Like the Zombie mentioned above that doesn't even do damage and is broken. Some Legendary items are absolutely worthless (Beastmaster was screwed royally). I dont think you couldve done a worse job intentionally.
    So as it always was? Like... some itemas are total garbage and some are not?
    I get that some of them are more game changing but are bad in performance, but as long as all classes are in sort of 10% on performance it's not a problem at all.
    You can pick talents which are more interesting to play, it's a choice as in every other mmo. Either everything has to be the same or the balance won't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prediction: The current "meh" choices wont be made more enticing. Instead, over the course of the expansion, more gotta-have powers/memories will be added, creating a changing meta with every patch cycle.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Leggos were at least fun and gameplay changing in beta. After massive amounts of nerfs though, the best ones are usually super boring ones which are just straight % increases. Definetly not having the impact they had in Legion.

Some Legendary items are insane. Some specs have no good Legendary items while some have godly ones. Many Legendary items feel like an ability you'd receive at level 32 and you didnt even notice you got it because it does next to nothing and does nothing to change your gameplay.

I think Blizzard needs to take a long hard look at Legendary item power and balance. They need to get ideas from high-end players as you can really tell Blizzard is completely lost when it comes to what makes some classes/specs tick.
    Some legendaries are completely broken, whilst the majority are sub-par with a few being mandatory for certain classes/specs in pve/pvp. I am obviously refering tothe holy Paladin Shockbarrier right now, it will be really interesting to see if they buff infusion or resplended light conduit, IOL legendary may overtake the memory of the shockbarrier, especially for non kyrian players.

In a game where many people pick the flavor of the month and plays the game to be OP with putting no work in it, the game will never be balanced and it would be stupid of them to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Some legendaries are completely broken, whilst the majority are sub-par with a few being mandatory for certain classes/specs in pve/pvp. I am obviously refering tothe holy Paladin Shockbarrier right now, it will be really interesting to see if they buff infusion or resplended light conduit, IOL legendary may overtake the memory of the shockbarrier, especially for non kyrian players.
    Same goes for Mistweaver, while others legendaries are situational at best, Tear of Morning is a no-brainer, you don't even have to play MW to see it, just read the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Same goes for Mistweaver, while others legendaries are situational at best, Tear of Morning is a no-brainer, you don't even have to play MW to see it, just read the description.
    And this is what is frustrating, I look at my alt's and there are some really fun legendaries, but on my Paladin the options are very much (practical) with no interesting application. I do think Legendaries and conduits are the way blizzard will now balance classes in this expansion going forward.

You can relax op. People on the forums were spamming that beta testers were wrong for months. Every choice you can make on your character from spec,covenants, talents and leggos are all at most a 1-3% dps increase.

Turn off those pesky meters and logs.

Sims? You dont need Sims with this batch of Legendary items. If you know your spec/class you know instantly which are straight garbage (most are pure trash tbh).
    Well druids, healer and moonkins at least, have a couple who are better for certain situations. There is no "one BiS" to rule them all.

But you can't please everyone i guess....

There will always be one numerical better than another.
    I don't think i have seen a game with choices that has ever been so balanced that you nitpicking whiners would be contend. NEVER

Does not exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well druids, healer and moonkins at least, have a couple who are better for certain situations. There is no "one BiS" to rule them all.

But you can't please everyone i guess....

There will always be one numerical better than another.
    I don't think i have seen a game with choices that has ever been so balanced that you nitpicking whiners would be contend. NEVER

Does not exist
    Dark Titan's lesson is so far beyond good, that I'd use it if it was on a grey piece of gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Dark Titan's lesson is so far beyond good, that I'd use it if it was on a grey piece of gear.
    Not very good in Raids. Iuse it only for Mythic+