Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why the HELL can’t you group in the maw?

I’m banned from the blizzard forums so I just need to vent my frustration with this absoolutely ASININE godawful seemingly intentional maw design decision. In order to use group finder for the maw YOUR ENTIRE PARTY MUST LEAVE THE ZONE AT THE SAME TIKE AND ZONE IN AT RHE SAME TIME TO GET IN THE SAME PHASE

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck does the group finder even exist in the first place if you can’t even properly use it for the most relevant content in the game?

This happened for ALL shadowlands zones on launch but they fixed it for every zone EXCEPT the maw, THE ONE ZONE THAT ACTUALLY REQUIRES GROUPING FOR MULTIPLE QUESTS

I play on an RP server so there’s far less people per shard and I literally haven’t been able to complete The Hunt quest at all for 2 weeks. The final boss has over 500k hp and requires a tank and healer. What the fuck? But I can’t ducking group up because of this absolute bullshit phasing crap.

What the fuck is this shit? WHY DID THEY MAKE GROUPING FOR GROUP SHIT TEDIOUS TO DO?

I swear it’s like these devs don’t even want people to play their game. They literally make it impossible to do. What the fuck?
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-12-17 at 01:39 AM.

People joining a group for Maw rares on the group finder just have to go from Oribos into the Maw after joining the group. It's not the entire group that needs to go into the Maw simultaneously.

That said, while I kind of get why they'd make phasing in the Maw difficult, I do find it annoying as well that you can't just list/join groups for specific Maw rares either if you happen to be close to one and nobody else in your phase is there/it's not up in your phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

They did it this way so people can't phase in and out to escape mobs.

Just a lil annoying, but not big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    They did it this way so people can't phase in and out to escape mobs.

Just a lil annoying, but not big deal.
    It effectively makes group quests and high health rares on RP servers completely impossible to kill unless you sit there and wait for 20 minutes for 2 people to show up. On RP server shards there are FAR less people in the zone. But I guess blizz doesn’t give a shit about this because for 95% of the playerbase not on RP shards it doesn’t affect them. Fuck this company

I’ve depended on the group finder on an RP server for the past 2 expacs due to their low populations, and now blizz is just saying a big fuck you you don’t get to enjoy open world content anymore trolololol give us more money to transfer if u wanna complete the content . What the fuck?
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2020-12-17 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can group in the Maw, I did it on Monday to get a quest done. I asked in zone chat if anyone wanted to do the quest, one person responded and I invited them to group. I also invited the 3 people who came to the quest objective. No problems with inviting people or anything like since everyone who saw what I asked was in my phase to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    It effectively makes group quests and high health rates on RP servers completely impossible to kill unless you sit there and wait for 10 minutes for 2 people to show up. On RP server shards there are FAR less people in the zone. But I guess blizz doesn’t give a shit about this because for 95% of the playerbase not on RP shards it doesn’t affect them. Fuck this company
    Do people ignore general chat on RP servers or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Do people ignore general chat on RP servers or something like that?
    Pretty much. I stood at the gorging shade hound boss for the hunt for 20 minutes at 7:30pm central time asking in general chat every 2 minutes and ONE person came. It’s a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m banned from the blizzard forums so I just need to vent my frustration with this absoolutely ASININE godawful seemingly intentional maw design decision. In order to use group finder for the maw YOUR ENTIRE PARTY MUST LEAVE THE ZONE AT THE SAME TIKE AND ZONE IN AT RHE SAME TIME TO GET IN THE SAME PHASE

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck does the group finder even exist in the first place if you can’t even properly use it for the most relevant content in the game?

This happened for ALL shadowlands zones on launch but they fixed it for every zone EXCEPT the maw, THE ONE ZONE THAT ACTUALLY REQUIRES GROUPING FOR MULTIPLE QUESTS

I play on an RP server so there’s far less people per shard and I literally haven’t been able to complete The Hunt quest at all for 2 weeks. The final boss has over 500k hp and requires a tank and healer. What the fuck? But I can’t ducking group up because of this absolute bullshit phasing crap.

What the fuck is this shit? WHY DID THEY MAKE GROUPING FOR GROUP SHIT TEDIOUS TO DO?

I swear it’s like these devs don’t even want people to play their game. They literally make it impossible to do. What the fuck?
    Get help. That isn't trolling, I'm being serious.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Get help. That isn't trolling, I'm being serious.
    I second this. The random all caps, the typos from the frantic typing, already being banned from the official forums for presumably exactly this sort of thing; having this little chill isn't a healthy way to live.

I dunno, but I wish they'd undo it.

Challenging zone is working as intended imo.

A friend of mine asked for my help with a quest while we were both in the maw. He invited me and we couldn't find each other. Just figured it was a bug. Turns out it was intentional? Fuck you Blizzard.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can. While the workaround is annoying, I see why they did it: to combat realm-hoppers and others abusing the grouptool like players looking for a quick escape from combat. This had to happen with how players adapted to use the tool. I just wish they'd put this change front and center on the Maw so it doesn't have to be explained in every group made for the Maw. It's not a big deal if you're aware beforehand, it is however when you're deep into the Maw and try to group.
    Be constructive in your critique and don't lose your head.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

There's enough people in General chat that I never felt like I needed to use LFG.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Pretty much. I stood at the gorging shade hound boss for the hunt for 20 minutes at 7:30pm central time asking in general chat every 2 minutes and ONE person came. It’s a joke.
    So the problem isn’t that you can’t group really. It’s that you chose an RP realm and that people on those realms ignore General chat.

How would you like blizzard to fix that for you?

If you want to RP expect that there to be a different play experience to playing on a normal style realm where people use general chat.

It effectively makes group quests and high health rares on RP servers completely impossible to kill unless you sit there and wait for 20 minutes for 2 people to show up. On RP server shards there are FAR less people in the zone. But I guess blizz doesn’t give a shit about this because for 95% of the playerbase not on RP shards it doesn’t affect them. Fuck this company

I’ve depended on the group finder on an RP server for the past 2 expacs due to their low populations, and now blizz is just saying a big fuck you you don’t get to enjoy open world content anymore trolololol give us more money to transfer if u wanna complete the content . What the fuck?
    you say this but as someone on an RP shard i find tons of people all the time...
    but again groupfinder is a great way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'll tell you one thing I can't imagine why you're banned from the forums
    IKR,whats also funny is how the blizzard forums tend to be way more leniant,meanwile here you get banned for ''trolling'' because some random mod woke up with a stick up their ass and happen to disagree with whatever opinion or wrongthink you posted about

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    IKR,whats also funny is how the blizzard forums tend to be way more leniant,meanwile here you get banned for ''trolling'' because some random mod woke up with a stick up their ass and happen to disagree with whatever opinion or wrongthink you posted about
    preaching to the choir

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    A friend of mine asked for my help with a quest while we were both in the maw. He invited me and we couldn't find each other. Just figured it was a bug. Turns out it was intentional? Fuck you Blizzard.
    Yep, that's my experience as well. This just cements my hate of the maw. I stopped doing dailies last week, now I only do weeklies. I want to spend the absolute minimum amount of time in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why OP is banned from official forums.

Ret gap closer days, maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, that's my experience as well. This just cements my hate of the maw. I stopped doing dailies last week, now I only do weeklies. I want to spend the absolute minimum amount of time in there.
    That's perfectly fine.
    Hi

3+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. I'm playing on an RP server. Is your server empty or what?
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.