Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Making it harder to group up seems like a REALLY weird business decision.

Saying that's working as intended because the zone is supposed to be hard is just silly. Hard content encourages cooperation, but here there are mechanical challenges to cooperation that exist nowhere else? Very very poor implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    That's perfectly fine.
    If I'm a minority, that's fine, yes. From what I've read most people despise the maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Well, that explains why the one time I tried to group for a group quest, I was never able to get into the same phase with my party members. Gross.4
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Oh. Well, that explains why the one time I tried to group for a group quest, I was never able to get into the same phase with my party members. Gross.4
    You can just read the reason on the phasing symbol and how to fix that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    You can just read the reason on the phasing symbol and how to fix that....
    We were all already in the area. That's a lot of wasted time. I didn't notice the symbol at the time, but it's just a hassle to go all the way out and come back in....just another daily I won't do.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I don't think the situation is ideal, but you only need a tank and 2 dps for it. Thats how i did it. The boss isn't that hard. Interrupts help.

I did have to port to Oribos and run back though, which isn't ideal.

I recommend killing one of those mount guys outside the refuge so you cut on travel time.
    You can make a direct path there, no need to take the road.

It's generally a bad decision if they are doing this as a design decision vs a bug that they haven't been able to fix yet. The problem is - the most efficient way of getting rep in the Maw involves killing the larger 100 rep rares, which take awhile to spawn and require a group, and if you can't easily get a group for them (most people will just give up rather than port out and back into the Maw), you either have to do your entire Maw daily stuff in a pre-made group, you have to stand around and wait at rares for more people to show up (and the stupid tier 2 and 4 eye of the jailer things means you can't just AFK), or you need to say screw it and kill the less efficient 40 rep rares to fill your eye up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m banned from the blizzard forums so I just need to vent my frustration with this absoolutely ASININE godawful seemingly intentional maw design decision. In order to use group finder for the maw YOUR ENTIRE PARTY MUST LEAVE THE ZONE AT THE SAME TIKE AND ZONE IN AT RHE SAME TIME TO GET IN THE SAME PHASE

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck does the group finder even exist in the first place if you can’t even properly use it for the most relevant content in the game?

This happened for ALL shadowlands zones on launch but they fixed it for every zone EXCEPT the maw, THE ONE ZONE THAT ACTUALLY REQUIRES GROUPING FOR MULTIPLE QUESTS

I play on an RP server so there’s far less people per shard and I literally haven’t been able to complete The Hunt quest at all for 2 weeks. The final boss has over 500k hp and requires a tank and healer. What the fuck? But I can’t ducking group up because of this absolute bullshit phasing crap.

What the fuck is this shit? WHY DID THEY MAKE GROUPING FOR GROUP SHIT TEDIOUS TO DO?

I swear it’s like these devs don’t even want people to play their game. They literally make it impossible to do. What the fuck?
    Simple thing. First they add mandatory rares/elites, that can't be soloed, justifying it via "We have crossrealm LFG now - you can always find groups for that". Then they backpedal, because "You can switch phases and get stuff too easily and it also causes server lags, cuz our servers too weak to support true MMO". And at the same time other MMO have had automatic phasing/grouping for a long time already.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You can. While the workaround is annoying, I see why they did it: to combat realm-hoppers and others abusing the grouptool like players looking for a quick escape from combat. This had to happen with how players adapted to use the tool. I just wish they'd put this change front and center on the Maw so it doesn't have to be explained in every group made for the Maw. It's not a big deal if you're aware beforehand, it is however when you're deep into the Maw and try to group.
    Be constructive in your critique and don't lose your head.
    They could have just made it so you can't phase while in combat. No more using it to escape combat. As for people realm hoping to hunt rares/mats/etc, so what?

It isn't that bad after unlocking the upgrades from venari. You have to leave the maw and come back in. Oribos works and Torghast works and there are a couple Torghast gates on the map (everywhere where the wrath of the jailer event can happen) to get into Torghast. You'll always come back into the maw at venari but with the upgrades you have a port at the tremaculum and one in the beast warrens. From the tremaculum you can reach another port and from venari you can walk to perdition hold and the other port in the fire area. With the upgrades it takes maybe 3 minutes to get anywhere on the map and if you eventually unlock a mount(shadehound hunt, Torghast twisting corridors layer 8, m+ keystone master, gladiator) it'll be a minute or so.

Also if you plan ahead it isn't a problem. You know that you need a group for the hunts, so look for a group before entering the maw. Finishing the hunt takes maybe 5 minutes in group and there are almost always groups up with people constantly joining and leaving. In a couple weeks when more people unlock the beast warrens, there will naturally be more people in the beast warrens so you'll probably don't need to find a group via LFG. Same goes for the bigger rares. If I know I want to effeciently fill up my eye of the jailer and gain rep, I search for a venari rep farm group before entering the maw.

In these early weeks it isn't optimal because our gear sucks and the various zones in the maw are rep gated so the more difficult zones have less people. But with time we'll have better gear (I'm at 192 and can solo the medium rares that give 80 rep) and there will be more poeple in the zones.

Yes you just need to plan ahead. I didn't know Torghast works though, that's helpful information.

That said planning ahead is a total pain in the ass. I recruited a group to do the beastwarrens weekly yesterday. Had to recruit in Oribos, and it took a good 20 minutes to find people. I had, no joke, 15 separate people join already in the beastwarrens because they didn't read the LFG where I clearly said they must be in Oribos so we'd phase together. This SUCKS.

The Maw is chock-full of bosses and such that cannot be soloed and you just plain can't use LFG for them. So you just walk on by the rare boss and ignore it. If you try to recruit in /1 it takes forever and you can't even afk while waiting for people because the Jailer will nuke you from orbit at rank 2 or above. This suuuuuucks!!

I despise the Maw and only go there for the weeklies. I can't wait until I never have to return. Not what I'd call super game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m banned from the blizzard forums so I just need to vent my frustration with this absoolutely ASININE godawful seemingly intentional maw design decision. In order to use group finder for the maw YOUR ENTIRE PARTY MUST LEAVE THE ZONE AT THE SAME TIKE AND ZONE IN AT RHE SAME TIME TO GET IN THE SAME PHASE

What the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck does the group finder even exist in the first place if you can’t even properly use it for the most relevant content in the game?

This happened for ALL shadowlands zones on launch but they fixed it for every zone EXCEPT the maw, THE ONE ZONE THAT ACTUALLY REQUIRES GROUPING FOR MULTIPLE QUESTS

I play on an RP server so there’s far less people per shard and I literally haven’t been able to complete The Hunt quest at all for 2 weeks. The final boss has over 500k hp and requires a tank and healer. What the fuck? But I can’t ducking group up because of this absolute bullshit phasing crap.

What the fuck is this shit? WHY DID THEY MAKE GROUPING FOR GROUP SHIT TEDIOUS TO DO?

I swear it’s like these devs don’t even want people to play their game. They literally make it impossible to do. What the fuck?

Its because a Billion dollar company wants to spend a penny to make a dollar. Thats why the game is such a mess. Its all about making as much money as possible while spending as little as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems blizzard wants to make that zone the biggest pain in the ass ever added to the game.

Shame, I think it would be a favorite if it wasn't so god dam buggy and inconvenient.

Just as people confuse "complexity" and "depth" with "convoluted" and "bloated", Blizzard confuses "dangerous" with "obnoxious".

Take that! Unnecessary travel and loading screens will show everyone how to fear the Maw! Job well done! Pat in the back with the paycheck!

Ouch! You've played too much and you've depleted your energy! You can come tomorrow and keep having adventures... later! (Soon: ... or you can spend Oribodiamonds —19,99 for 300 best value!— to refill your Jailer Tolerance bar!)
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.