Poll: Do you personally prefer Tyrande Whisperwind or Sylvanas Windrunner?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    one is a hypocrite and the other a genocidal hypocrite.

couldnt care any less what happens to either off them. just write them out of the story already

Quote Originally Posted by Corseth View Post
    I think ultimately the problem is for me, that Tyrande is annoying to me and that makes it hard for me to invest in her stories though. I enjoy scenes with Sylvanus in them; she's hammy and chews the scenery and I really like her voice acting. Tyrande's dialogue always makes me wince in comparison, especially any time she talks about Malfurion.
    Best tyrande scenes are the ones where malfurion is not even mentioned. The whole ysera storyline in legion was a cringefest, but the ending kind of made up for it. Now as night warrior? It´s just next bland "I kill you all" op character bullshit. If sylvanas and tyrande come to blows, I assume it will be endlessly cringy, with lots of "mah sister" tears shed and in the end tyrande winning and then relinquishing night warrior powers because she is good like that. And then returning to that useless boyfriend demigod of hers to even more cringe. A baby nelf named sylvanus, anyone?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Exactly. Thralls Horde had nothing to do with Guldan or Blackhand.
    and i dont pin those on them, I pin garrosh and sylvannas though.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I'm not a huge fan of what they've done to Tyrande, but I'll choose her any day of the week over that genocidal lich bitch.

Gotta go with sylvanas , tyrande's new model which looks plastic AF and that chainsmoker voice makes the current character unappealing at best

both characters are utter garbage, blizzard writing is hideously inconsistent, basic and boring.

tyrande is slightly better because she is less involved with the story and you are mostly spared her presence and awful voice acting (same actress did a good job in war3 but awful in wow, wtf?).

sylvanas and her simp pet were everywhere in bfa and refused to leave the player alone, like a drug resistant chlamydia.
    i have yet to play shadowlands but so far i have seen that wench showcased several times in the storyline/cinematics...

At this point Sylvanas is one of my least liked characters in the game, so Tyrande by walk-over ig.

Tyrande. No brainer.

I am genuinely surprised that a vocal minority community like MMOchamp that votes for Tinker above other new class options actually voted for Tyrande over Sylvanas.

Guess there is hope still?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I am genuinely surprised that a vocal minority community like MMOchamp that votes for Tinker
    whats wrong with Tinker?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande has always seemed whiny to me. While that may or may not be completely true, whenever I think of her, the first thing that comes to mind is when she's chasing after Malfurion when he was getting his butt handed to him non-stop.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Personally I prefer Sylvanas. That's not to say I don't like Tyrande, I enjoyed her in Warcraft 3. I just don't care much for her now. WoW hasn't been doing these characters a lot of favors recently.
    Tyrande's always seemed very consistent to me. Her first appearance in WC3 had her killing her own people who were trying to keep her from doing what she wanted, even telling Malfurion that only Elune could tell her what to do. And her most recent appearance had her abandoning her people to hunt down the person she wants to hunt down.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas have always been a fan favorite.

In Legion Tyrande started a downwards spiral, culminating with her going bat shit crazy, in BfA, with her bat woman vigilante goth emo mode. I cannot see any other conclusion than she will be a dungeon (maybe low level raid) boss in v9.1 or v9.2
    She have long over stayed her welcome, and we've had way too few elf bosses in instances.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Current Sylvanas is hard to support, but I chose to be a loyalist and I'm not a traitor. I burnt the tree without remorse and I regret nothing. Well I regret having to help Tyrande in the Maw because the only covenant that works fine is Night Fae, but I couldn't help it. I think both characters are similar based that both were driven by rage. Current Sylvanas got weirder now and I cannot fathom WTH the writers are thinking so it seems that she's just became a pawn to delay her descent into oblivion.

I strongly dislike both of them. As a lifetime Horde player (Forsaken, almost exclusively) I disliked Sylvanas even since I started in BC. Always thought her shady behavior and incessant complaining about the unfairness of death was less than charming and I saw her betrayal a mile away. Not a fan of the Alliance, but I always thought the Night Elves were cool. The whole Night Warrior thing, though... not entirely sold on it.

Sylvanas from Wc3 was awesome. I mean that sneaky cunt was a master-planer, always came prepared, was dangerous.
    Sylvanas from WoW, since like Cata, is pathetic. She's stupid, she failed almost every possible plan she had, Genn rekted her easily, her highest achievement was killing an old orc who she couldn't defeat without the use of death magic.

Tyrande? Was just fine in Wc3.
    Tyrande since BFA become a rage-machine, boring and not that exciting.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Night Elf. That dead corpse has become more butchered.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Both Tyrande and Sylvanas were iconic Warcraft 3 characters, and were always very well-known and popular among their player bases -- the Alliance and the Horde, respectively.
    Wait, Tyrande was "very popular among the Alliance" ? When ? How ?
    She was kind of a grating, arrogant, condescending, cold-hearted bitch in Warcraft 3, killing her own people because "she knows better", and had basically no presence since then. When did she become popular ?

I mean NOW I'd prefer her to Sylvanas just because of how repulsive and annoying Blizzard made the latter, but she still never was a first choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WC3 Sylvanas > WC3 Tyrande > WoW Tyrande > WoW Sylvanas

This makes it close to 50/50 about who I like the most. But since I'm so tired of seeing Sylvanas so often I'll give it to Tyrande, also she makes for better rule 34 while I'm not much into undead elves.
    Yeah, this, exactly this.
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-12-18 at 08:00 AM.

I only know them from WoW when I started playing in WotLK, so Sylvanas by a landslide. Tyrande has been represented as a subservient wife (“hush Tyrande”), a lovesick woman who loses her mind when Malfurion is in danger (kidnapped Malf then taunted her causing her to cry out in desperation and charge foolishly and blindly into Xavius’ joke), and now as an edgy power boost with no regard to the bigger picture in search of vengenance.
    Meanwhile, you have Sylvanas who leads an outcast group of people rejected by almost everyone. Struggles to find a way to escape her fate, and now the fate of others (albeit in a horrific and genocidal way). Even when written as a villain she is written better than Tyrande while also having more depth.
    I’m not saying one is amazing over the other, but Tyrande comes off more as a joke rather than a fleshed out, strong character.

rly surprised sylvanas is losing this poll,goes to show just how much they masacred her character....but i still have to say sylvanas is a better character than tyrande

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Angry elf lady or edgy elf lady? Oof now that's a choice......

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann