Poll: Do you personally prefer Tyrande Whisperwind or Sylvanas Windrunner?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Not really as they never stated that nelfs spies weren't there.
    Yes they did.
    Malfurion says, "we never invaded your lands, the Kaldorei would never do that."

Lorash doesn't counter him with, "Actually..." So either he's stupid or has a very imaginative memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    When Garrosh went bad, Blizz said the "Majority" of the Orcs sided with the Alliance against him. So...it's hard to top that for insane bs not shown in game.
    And that would be just at the end of BFA.
    None of his orcs cares about teldrazzil. Those orcs cared only that Varock revealed himself.

It's like a group of corrupt police officers rebel against the corrupt police system .. Because they don't pay them enough.
    They are not stopping being corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Yes they did.
    Malfurion says, "we never invaded your lands, the Kaldorei would never do that."

Lorash doesn't counter him with, "Actually..." So either he's stupid or has a very imaginative memory.
    Since that Belf had lived several Belf lives ... I would say he was senile.
    Last edited by geco; 2020-12-24 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Since that Belf had lived several Belf lives ... I would say he was senile.
    He could be all 3.
    He's a night elf fan creation...hell, he was even scrapped for making an appearance in 8.1.

Thank god. It's like when Christie Golden inserted her own Human Warlock into War Crimes. Thank god we never saw her.

Lets have it right.

The author of that novella didn't know Blood Elf lore at all. Hell, he even forgot the night elf spying operation in the Ghostlands.
    With that in mind, and the lore always suggesting high elves live to around the age of 3000, then I wouldn't take Lorash or the author seriously.
    Lorash was a mess of a character anyway. He's pissed off at the Night Elves cuz they exiled his parents thousands of years ago, but he gladly sides with the orcs who ravaged his homeland some 30 odd years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Lorash was a mess of a character anyway. He's pissed off at the Night Elves cuz they exiled his parents thousands of years ago, but he gladly sides with the orcs who ravaged his homeland some 30 odd years ago.
    He was a mess of a character because it was a night elf fan who created him.
    It's little wonder why he never made it past 8.0 and we never heard nor seen of that author again, because this was a giant lore mess up.

How could Dath'Remar, the ruling King, have a generation of 3 or 4 before Kael'thas, yet Lorash (apparently) saw it all? It doesn't make sense and again, it does not shock me that Blizzard chose to abstain his character beyond 8.0.

If you ask me, an Orc Rogue would have been a better character to create. Night Elves vs Orcs was always a favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-24 at 04:47 PM.

Yes they did.

Or he doesn't know as ingame characters do not know everything which happens ingame and at that time malfurion was asleep. Meaning its possible neither knows.

Or he doesn't know as ingame characters do not know everything which happens ingame and at that time malfurion was asleep. Meaning its possible neither knows.
    Considering how much this supposed character hates Night Elves, I find that unlikely.

This guy should have been an Orc. Night Elves vs Orcs was always a classic conflict and this could have emphasized that point.

This whole push for Night Elves vs Blood Elves died with TBC. Now, it's just a forced thing. Quel'Thalas and the Kaldorei have never a good relationship, but it's not always been negative.

A night elf huntress worked with Talanas Windrunner during the first of the Troll Wars. Shandris knew of a High Elf Ranger, before said Ranger became a Dark Ranger.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-12-24 at 09:13 PM.

Tyrande can sit on my face anytime.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Considering how much this supposed character hates Night Elves, I find that unlikely.

This guy should have been an Orc. Night Elves vs Orcs was always a classic conflict and this could have emphasized that point.

This whole push for Night Elves vs Blood Elves died with TBC. Now, it's just a forced thing. Quel'Thalas and the Kaldorei have never a good relationship, but it's not always been negative.

A night elf huntress worked with Talanas Windrunner during the first of the Troll Wars. Shandris knew of a High Elf Ranger, before said Ranger became a Dark Ranger.
    As some knowledge is only state knowledge and are on need to know basics as not every soldier or agent know all their own states military movements.

Secondly silence could just mean disdain nothing and really doesn't prove anything and malf only woke up before cata and its unlikely malf checked up on all nelf military which happened before the faction war started in wotlk.

Well, I can say for certain that whether it's Sylvanas or Tyrande, I liked their W3 versions a lot more.

But... I'm not really a fan of either, though if I were to pick - probably Tyrande.

As some knowledge is only state knowledge and are on need to know basics as not every soldier or agent know all their own states military movements.

Secondly silence could just mean disdain nothing and really doesn't prove anything and malf only woke up before cata and its unlikely malf checked up on all nelf military which happened before the faction war started in wotlk.
    The author states he completely forgot about that whole questline.
    This is the failed work of a night elf fan, trying to write a blood elf character. It's not shocking that he hasn't been seen since 8.0, because even Blizzard realized that he was a lore mess up.

I dread to think what this would be like if somebody like Christie Golden had wrote him in...probably some ex-elf lover towards her Human Warlock, but that's besides the point.

This is the failed work of a night elf fan, trying to write a blood elf character. It's not shocking that he hasn't been seen since 8.0, because even Blizzard realized that he was a lore mess up.

I dread to think what this would be like if somebody like Christie Golden had wrote him in...probably some ex-elf lover towards her Human Warlock, but that's besides the point.
    Well thats a complet different case then as my comment before said about if the writter or blizzard have come out later saying they made an error in writting but the writter didn't say anything about the age though.

well Golden wrote on before the storm a tail for genn which is even bigger mistake and latter she admited it.

3+ Year Old Account

I kinda wish that questline had actual nuance, like "Sisters, the Alliance has confirmed to us that the Blood Elves consorted to the Naga; let's attack!"
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The orcs and the Silvermoon elves, both the high elves and blood elves, unfortunately, probably do NOT like each other -- there are Kalimdor quests and short stories such as Quest for Pandaria which imply that the orcs still look down upon the elves. Certainly Garrosh and his loyalists viewed them very unfavorably -- even before the Pandaria expansion, such as his interactions with Kelantir, his treatment of Lor'themar and his people, and his hostile relationship with Sylvanas. Even Sylvanas agreed that the orcs were her people's enemies in her conversation with Vereesa, who reminded her that the orcs were ever their enemies.

Lyria Skystrider says: My brothers and sisters. Listen to me. We must speak of the survival of our people. We have narrowly survived one calamnity, but I fear the next shall destroy us.
    Lyria Skystrider says: Can you not see what is happening? Open your eyes. It is laid bare for all to see. What is this new alliance? Why have we betrayed our allies of old, only to take up with the enemies of all that live?
    Vaeron Kormar says: No, you're wrong! We were the ones betrayed!
    Terric Brightwind says: When have the dwarves ever been our friends?
    Melaya Tassier says: The humans abandoned us in our darkest hour! Their prince himself led the assault on our lands.
    Priest Ennas says: You fool! The prince's minions were the very Forsaken we have now allied ourselves with, and now he has betrayed us.
    Vaeron Kormar says: The Ranger-General of Silvermoon will be a loyal ally!
    Lyria Skystrider says: You speak of her as friend? You are a fool. This "Dark Lady" is not Sylvanas.
    Vaeron Kormar says: Blood will be true. We can trust in none but our own.
    Lyria Skystrider says: Blood? And these orcs, these fair weather friends? They will aid us?
    Priest Ennas says: A great blight lies across our land! It grows every day. Our need for magic weakens us, and will bring us to destruction, just as it has before!
    Terric Brightwind says: How are we to live without magic?
    Melaya Tassier says: Look at the wonders of this city! This is magic.
    Priest Ennas says: But at what cost? You've all been blinded. We have all been blinded.
    Vaeron Kormar says: You call us traitors?
    Lyria Skystrider says: The magisters are traitors! They have sealed our doom.
    Terric Brightwind says: Idealistic blather. Go back to your forests!
    Melaya Tassier says: You would have us live like the savages!
    Priest Ennas says: No, not savagery! Conscience. The excesses of our people will destroy us, and all that we have struggled to build.
    Lyria Skystrider says: We have not struggled so hard to survive, only to bring about the true destruction.
    Priest Ennas says: We stand on the brink of destruction. We must reconsider this rash course of action.
    Talithar Swiftwind destroyed an entire Horde ship because of his loyalty to his estranged high elf wife Vyrin --

Before the elf had a chance to reply, someone else entered the room. It was the shaman, Karrig. He carried a tall staff and thumped it angrily on the floor.

"Talithar!" he yelled. "You can't go two hours without trouble. Get out of here, you wretched elf."

The elf, Talithar, shot Karrig a look of purest loathing, but said nothing and departed the
    infirmary, handsome head held high.
    "Go!" called another voice. Talithar came running into view and threw himself before the foot of the ladder below. "I will hold them off!"

The two fugitives didn't hesitate. Mouthing silent words of gratitude, Chen hauled himself up the rest of the ladder, and he and Baenan ran.

"You are a disgrace to the Horde, Talithar Swiftwind!" roared Karrig. "Backstabbing, worthless elf!"

"I fought for the Horde on the snowfields of Icecrown," Talithar replied calmly. "And I was proud to do so. But the Horde does not claim all of my loyalty."

"Get out of our way," Karrig snarled, "or die."

Talithar lifted both his hands, red balls of flame hovering above his palms. The harsh light brightly illuminated the contents of the hold. Lining the walls were barrels full of gunpowder, extra ammunition for the cannons.

"Oh," Talithar said, smiling peacefully, "I have made my choice."
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2020-12-31 at 07:30 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

It's almost like, as I've been saying since forever, the elves have way more history with the Alliance than the orcs, and are in the Horde merely because asian players wanted a pretty Horde race to play as.

And I'm not blaming them, I'd want to play an attractive character too (the Horde in Classic only had ugly monsters, like orcs, trolls, cows, and zombies). Like imagine that you're just a normal guy who wants to try out this new game called WoW, and one of the two factions literally only offers you beasts for your avatar choice, whether it be literal sack of bones or hunched cannibals.

But still it doesn't change the fact that the elves of Quel'Thalas had an amicable relationship with humans for way longer than they had "one" with orcs.

It is therefore not a surprise that there has always been a big rift between the Sin'dorei and the Horde, to the point that Theron tried rejoining the Alliance in MoP, and was stopped only by gamep... err, Jaina's actions in Dalaran.

It is also not a surprise that many Thalassians, such as the Ren'dorei, Quel'dorei, and Sin'dorei scholars, would openly support the Alliance, in defiance of the current Thalassian government.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-31 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's almost like, as I've been saying since forever, the elves have way more history with the Alliance than the orcs, and are in the Horde merely because asian players wanted a pretty Horde race to play as.

And I'm not blaming them, I'd want to play an attractive character too (the Horde in Classic only had ugly monsters, like orcs, trolls, cows, and zombies). Like imagine that you're just a normal guy who wants to try out this new game called WoW, and one of the two factions literally only offers you beasts for your avatar choice, whether it be literal sack of bones or hunched cannibals.

But still it doesn't change the fact that the elves of Quel'Thalas had an amicable relationship with humans for way longer than they had "one" with orcs.

It is therefore not a surprise that there has always been a big rift between the Sin'dorei and the Horde, to the point that Theron tried rejoining the Alliance in MoP, and was stopped only by gamep... err, Jaina's actions in Dalaran.

It is also not a surprise that many Thalassians, such as the Ren'dorei, Quel'dorei, and Sin'dorei scholars, would openly support the Alliance, in defiance of the current Thalassian government.
    Three of the Highborne offshoots -- the Shen'dralar, the high elves, and the ren'dorei support the Alliance (and possibly the Court of Farondis)
    Two of the Highborne offshoots -- the nightborne, and the blood elves support the Horde

I honestly always thought Alleria and Vereesa were going to attempt to lead a joint assault and besiege Silvermoon as a Warfront during the Fourth War -- possibly mirroring the invasion of Ashenvale and Darkshore, and the latter's Warfront. Quel'Thalas was their last obstacle to the conquest of the entire Eastern Kingdoms. That, or Sylvanas would have herself attacked Silvermoon, in another grim parallel to past events, after Lor'themar betrayed her.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    besiege Silvermoon as a Warfront during the Fourth War
    I think it was datamined but the content was cut after seeing the response to the other warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I honestly always thought Alleria and Vereesa were going to attempt to lead a joint assault and besiege Silvermoon as a Warfront during the Fourth War -- possibly mirroring the invasion of Ashenvale and Darkshore, and the latter's Warfront. Quel'Thalas was their last obstacle to the conquest of the entire Eastern Kingdoms. That, or Sylvanas would have herself attacked Silvermoon, in another grim parallel to past events, after Lor'themar betrayed her.
    I kinda wish Vereesa and the Silver Covenant were in Stromgarde Warfront since someone has to represent the Highvale there and then the Horde side would be Nazgrel and the Frostwolves for obvious reasons
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.