Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Making boosts for gold payment against the rules will just bring more raw cash to the RMT boosting companies.
    Not sure what's so difficult about simply creating a specific channel for gold boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Nice finally. Boosting / selling services for gold has been such a massive mmo feel killer imo. The spamming in /2 is unbearable. It's so bad it did spread to Classic as well.
    "Nice gear, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice mount, how much did it cost?"
    "Nice Ahead of the Gold achievement. How much did it cost?"
    Vanilla had boosting.

It didn't "spread" to Classic, it was a concept from the start.

Just 24 hours? What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Contest it. GMs rarely if ever read tickets much less investigate them. If you are telling the truth you can get the mark taken off your account.
    I'll drop them an email and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    I'll drop them an email and see what they say.
    To my knowledge unless they announce a change to the rules selling services is allowed in trade chat.

Selling in group finder however is in no way allowed however and if someone was doing that and you were a part of the group then you can get dinged.

AS others have said, it's likely a "selling it in the wrong channel" problem vs a "selling is against the rules" problem. On my realm cluster the same people are selling every day and they never go away so selling is still within the ToS.

did the boostee pay you (and other boosters) directly or was there a middleman? wouldn't be the first time that if the middleman is shady everybody involved ends up collateral damage.

no way they would just start banning people boosting for gold without a announcement of those new rules, it's way way to widespread for that.

if they are finally taking action against people advertising/spamming boosts in the wrong place that's very good to hear though.

What's the bet you got suspended for something else?

Show us the suspension email.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Which is why the title of this thread is misleading. Selling in and of itself is fine, they just don't want sellers cluttering up group finder.
    And as I have already stated, i didn't use LFG finder to market the sale of the key. Regardless I have now sent the email over to Blizz CS, they can have a look at my chat logs etc and make a decision from there. The title is not misleading as I sold the key in /2 which is a channel dedicated to "trade". Eitherway, what is done is done. I will just stick to selling my mats on the AH. Anyone need any legendary base mats?

Any proof?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    What's the bet you got suspended for something else?

Show us the suspension email.
    Well if you had bothered to read the thread:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52883154

I boost all the time and was never banned, FAKE NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Any proof?
    Of what exactly? Kind of a silly thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    did the boostee pay you (and other boosters) directly or was there a middleman? wouldn't be the first time that if the middleman is shady everybody involved ends up collateral damage.

no way they would just start banning people boosting for gold without a announcement of those new rules, it's way way to widespread for that.

if they are finally taking action against people advertising/spamming boosts in the wrong place that's very good to hear though.
    No middle man, just me the guys from our guild and the customer.

10+ Year Old Account
    About damn time, hope there'll be a culling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No middle man, just me the guys from our guild and the customer.
    Guildies get banned too or just you? And again, if you were in the group while your guildies used the LFG tool to advertise it's possible you end up collateral damage/guilty by association/seen as accomplice. (not personally heard of that resulting in bans though.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was suspended for 3 days for buying a wow token a few months ago, and the gold from the token was taken away. Email said I disrupted the economy and what not.

3 weeks it took before they finally realized their mistake. With several tickets back and forth.
    Hi

Wow I sell m+ with a buddy of mine pretty often and haven't ever received a ban.. I hope this was for another reason. Such an easy source of gold.

Unsure why everyone here is against the boosting services. Like that's legit most of my chars income.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Guildies get banned too or just you? And again, if you were in the group while your guildies used the LFG tool to advertise it's possible you end up collateral damage/guilty by association/seen as accomplice. (not personally heard of that resulting in bans though.)
    The tank (guild mate), Mage and me got suspended, all of us got the same email "word for word" and the suspension was 24 hours for all of us.

Well I have learned my lesson to say the lesson, also had a very angry Guild Leader shouting at me on discord becuase they were short 1 geared healer for our HM run tonight and will have to pug a healer . I hold my hands up, got greedy and suffered for it (rightly so).
    Huh, not bad. I am honestly surprised (positively) seeing such answer.

The tank (guild mate), Mage and me got suspended, all of us got the same email "word for word" and the suspension was 24 hours for all of us.
    well if it's a mistake i'm sure the escalated ticket will be able to see that easily enough.

but honestly, getting a 24h ban instead of a warning makes me think it's not the first time one of the people involved has been reported for this mistake.

anyways just read the rules carefully and make sure you advertise in the correct channels or join one of those boosting communities that does that part for you.