Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is good news.

Sorry, dont feel sorry for OP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    well if it's a mistake i'm sure the escalated ticket will be able to see that easily enough.

but honestly, getting a 24h ban instead of a warning makes me think it's not the first time one of the people involved has been reported for this mistake.

anyways just read the rules carefully and make sure you advertise in the correct channels or join one of those boosting communities that does that part for you.
    Yeah that is really good advice, thank you.

My ten cents is you were prolly advertising in the group finder tool for the run you sold for gold. That is against the tos and they have said for a while they will ban for it. Use trade chat to advertise and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    So is selling in game boosts for gold a breach of TOS? Last night I sold a M8 key in Spires boost in trade chat, for gold i might add. But it would seem someone in /2 wasn't happy with this and I was reported, next thing i know, i recieve a lovely email from Bliizard saying my account is suspended for seeling boosting services and regardless of payment currency this is a breach of TOS.

My understanding was, selling in game services for in game currency was perfectly valid. Oh well, i have learned my lesson because I also missed out on my first attempt on CN HM tonight as the suspension lifts at 2300 hrs .

So a cautionary tale to others, you have been warned.
    it's against ToS to advertise it

Just send an appeal, it gets removed instantly, we've seen it happen to a few friends, they appealed, few hours later they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    dragging someone through content so that they can reap the rewards
    this is the issue in itself. it undermines the integrity of everything achievable in the game, which is not supposed to be p2w.
    the people trying to eat their cake without learning how to bake are a problem and are a cause for much toxicity in lfg, due to showing up with the numbers, but lacking the ability to perform.
    i wonder, when was the last time you dropped a key due to some crappy dd/h/t? or you're not running pugs at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Ppl are gonna argue that buying boosts gets bad players gear that they don't deserve. Then they're gonna ignore the fact that you can pay real money to blizz for gold to buy boes with lol
    the token in itself was a mistake (except from bli$$ards monetary perspective) exactly due to undermining the ingame economy. while your statement is true, it doesn't make the impact of bought boosts any more excusable, and is just whataboutism. both, boosting and tokens need to go, while goldselling needs to be combatted more harshly.
    (i know it's unrealistic. merely stating "the dream")

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    it's against ToS to advertise it
    It's not though. It's forbidden in group finder and with irl currency. Gold boosting is still very much allowed in trade chat.

I like how people are celebrating it. Yet we see no mass ban of selling boosts. Nor have we seen an official statement about.

Which makes me believe this is a wrongful ban by someone who didn't know better.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Unsure why everyone here is against the boosting services. Like that's legit most of my chars income.
    Yeah, I'm setting up with my MoP CM team players to start selling the Season 1 mount, it's fun and rewarding, although we're tentative with advertising now...

If some Casual Chris gets a mount or ilvl that he otherwise wouldn't get is about as insignificant to me as the specs of dust that I clean away each week.

I don't mind people selling boost, but they deserve ban for ruining general and trade chat. Create a boost channel

Well they are crystal clear about it, they won't tolerate boost selling regardless what currency is used, original text of email posted for your reference:

Account Action: Suspended until 2020/12/17

This account was recently caught advertising in the World of Warcraft Group Finder [ It was trade chat actually not LFG] for in-game services like boosts or carries. This may also include advertising external sources or websites. This action—regardless of the payment method—violate our http://battle.net/support/article/7390 Code of Conduct and create an unacceptable detriment to our players.

As the account holder, you are responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with the http://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html Blizzard EULA.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this action after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals.
    So you're just lying then?

They can look at the logs and see if you advertised in the LFG tool and I doubt they'd ban you if they didn't have that proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Felthan View Post
    i report people all the time for selling raid, dungeon and pvp wins in LFG tool. It is against the terms of service to sell them in LFG. Trade chat i just report them for spam.
    Exactly what i do. Good to know it actually helps, so i will start doing it even more now.

Thanks OP and i'm glad they banned you and you had a punishment for this by missing out something.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

So is selling in game boosts for gold a breach of TOS? Last night I sold a M8 key in Spires boost in trade chat, for gold i might add. But it would seem someone in /2 wasn't happy with this and I was reported, next thing i know, i recieve a lovely email from Bliizard saying my account is suspended for seeling boosting services and regardless of payment currency this is a breach of TOS.

My understanding was, selling in game services for in game currency was perfectly valid. Oh well, i have learned my lesson because I also missed out on my first attempt on CN HM tonight as the suspension lifts at 2300 hrs .

So a cautionary tale to others, you have been warned.
    You fully deserved this. You're bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    It's not though. It's forbidden in group finder and with irl currency. Gold boosting is still very much allowed in trade chat.
    So you say it's not then in the very next sentence you say it is. Make up your mind.

So you're just lying then?

They can look at the logs and see if you advertised in the LFG tool and I doubt they'd ban you if they didn't have that proof.
    Where have I said I am lying, i am happy for them to inspect all my logs. Because I didn't use LFG, anyway you can make your own assumptions.

It's easy to believe the things you want to believe that's human nature but I'm fascinated by the "Good" ,"Took them too much time","I'm happy" crowd and how they accept the word of a random player on a random forum as gospel.

We know advertising in determined areas is considered a violation of the TOS and we know selling boosts for gold it's not so let's stop a bit and think for a moment: Would Blizzard change its policy ex post-facto? Would they start sending bans without warning or , if the policy ever changes like keystroke broadcasting ,would they warn in advance this is not going to be tolerated anymore?

I know what you want but think objectively for a second , and regardless desires, try to analyze if all this make sense.
    Last edited by PrimiOne; 2020-12-17 at 04:07 PM.

Where have I said I am lying, i am happy for them to inspect all my logs. Because I didn't use LFG, anyway you can make your own assumptions.
    They said you used the LFG tool to advertise. Someone likely reported your advertisement from that tool since it's easily doable. If you were just reported from trade chat I doubt you would have been suspended and then specifically say you were using the LFG tool to advertise.

Pretty weird to come to these forums and bitch and complain while just lying about what you did.

They said you used the LFG tool to advertise. Someone likely reported your advertisement from that tool since it's easily doable. If you were just reported from trade chat I doubt you would have been suspended and then specifically say you were using the LFG tool to advertise.

Pretty weird to come to these forums and bitch and complain while just lying about what you did.
    If you read my replies to this thread, I am NOT bitching, far from it. I am admitting perhaps we made a mistake, but I do contest that bit about using the LFG, because I didn't advertise it on LFG, it was on /2, anyway I have sent an email to CS, the suspension lifts at 2300 hours today regardless .

good chance he didn't personally do it, just was in a group that did it. then he isn't lying but still (kinda) broke the rules. and since it doesn't seem to be an automated ban, human error on the GMs side isn't impossible either.

15+ Year Old Account
    They said u cant advertise in dungeon finder, but not for TRADE channel, your are SELLING A SERVICE, for ingame currency, seems like a overreacting GM.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s