Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord Wries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,037
    I was looking forward for a challenge in lvl 7-8 this week but turns out no. It's just supposed to be braindead farming for soul-ash.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmalta View Post
    You could not be more wrong. The entire point of torghast is RNG. It's a rogue-like. Bad run? Do it again.

    I think they should remove some of the absolutely useless powers, but everything needs to be RNG.
    How does that make me wrong?

    It may be the point of that particular genre, but we're still playing WoW and most people don't want their success to be dependent on RNG after spending an hour or more in there already. It's just not very fun and if we wanted to play a 100% true to form roguelike with power lotteries and all, we'd be playing that, not WoW.

  3. #23
    You forgot the one change it needed: Make it FUN.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Feral druid, ilvl 179 (main spec is resto). And I understand hybrid classes have an advantage.
    Then you understand your argument is meaningless. Its easy for YOU because you've a spec that has an easier time of it. There are more specs that struggle than succeed at Torghast and it shouldn't be balanced around the few that can do it easily.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  5. #25
    Sure it was a bit overtuned... and a lot of these changes will absolutely make it more fun when it comes to powers... just feel like it will be a complete faceroll now. Which is a shame.

  6. #26
    "The starting Anima Cell in Torghast now offers a stronger selection of Anima powers."

    Yeah, fuck this one. Sounds good on paper, but in practice I keep getting a choice of Band of Deep Burns rare Anima Power and Tainted Blood Vial on my Affliction Warlock. I.e. a choice of "this does fuck all for you because you have zero sources of fire damage" and "have fun killing yourself whenever you cast your main source of AoE damage". Tainted Blood Vial may be fun later on in case you got multiple powers buffing Drain Life, not as first goddamn power. Changing a layer first does nothing to reset this lol-choice. It seems it's locked for a given wing, at least until you clear it. Yeah, thanks for a stellar start for my 8 layer run Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure it was a bit overtuned... and a lot of these changes will absolutely make it more fun when it comes to powers... just feel like it will be a complete faceroll now. Which is a shame.
    Face roll for some classes.

    This also isnt the Torghast challenge mode: Endless halls. That's coming soon. So if you wanna complain about it being too easy then wait on the part thats MADE to be hard.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Remove it or dont make it forced.
    Yup. This pretty much is all that needs to be said.

    Torghast should be optional. Like dungeons.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure it was a bit overtuned... and a lot of these changes will absolutely make it more fun when it comes to powers... just feel like it will be a complete faceroll now. Which is a shame.
    It was already faceroll for some people who stood in the intersection of the right class + ok gear + great anima power rng who are now bragging and claiming that it's super EZ and that people just need to "git gud."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Face roll for some classes.

    This also isnt the Torghast challenge mode: Endless halls. That's coming soon. So if you wanna complain about it being too easy then wait on the part thats MADE to be hard.
    This too. These wings aren't even meant to be the "challenge mode" wings. Twisting Corridors are.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    "The starting Anima Cell in Torghast now offers a stronger selection of Anima powers."

    Yeah, fuck this one. Sounds good on paper, but in practice I keep getting a choice of Band of Deep Burns rare Anima Power and Tainted Blood Vial on my Affliction Warlock. I.e. a choice of "this does fuck all for you because you have zero sources of fire damage" and "have fun killing yourself whenever you cast your main source of AoE damage". Tainted Blood Vial may be fun later on in case you got multiple powers buffing Drain Life, not as first goddamn power. Changing a layer first does nothing to reset this lol-choice. It seems it's locked for a given wing, at least until you clear it. Yeah, thanks for a stellar start for my 8 layer run Blizzard.
    Each wing has a set of powers you always get at the start. Which is why you always tend to get the same. bad decision by them to make it like this especially since some wings have abyssmal choices for me, so this is a good change indeed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Face roll for some classes.

    This also isnt the Torghast challenge mode: Endless halls. That's coming soon. So if you wanna complain about it being too easy then wait on the part thats MADE to be hard.
    There is an middleground between facerolll and challenging.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Face roll for some classes.

    This also isnt the Torghast challenge mode: Endless halls. That's coming soon. So if you wanna complain about it being too easy then wait on the part thats MADE to be hard.
    I thought they scrapped this idea? If it does indeed come as promised I will not complain one bit. Mandatory stuff can be easy if there is a more challenging option for classes better suited for Torghast.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There is an middleground between facerolll and challenging.
    Not in a system where rolling the right anima powers means you can sleep through it and where rolling the wrong ones means you're essentially mathematically unable to clear it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    I thought they scrapped this idea? If it does indeed come as promised I will not complain one bit. Mandatory stuff can be easy if there is a more challenging option for classes better suited for Torghast.
    The endless mode is gone for now but they plan to bring it back in some sense.

    But there is Twisting Corridors, which is pretty much built to be the "challenge mode" of Torghast. Has 8 layers and iirc each layer has 16 floors?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    You forgot the one change it needed: Make it FUN.
    That is hard to do when fun is subjective.

  14. #34
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Each wing has a set of powers you always get at the start. Which is why you always tend to get the same. bad decision by them to make it like this especially since some wings have abyssmal choices for me, so this is a good change indeed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There is an middleground between facerolll and challenging.
    Did you even try layer 8? That one spellcaster boss at floor 2 is insane. He basically spammed his damage spell and each time it did about 40% of your health.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-12-17 at 08:57 PM.

  15. #35
    That's a bit too many nerfs IMO. Rather than balance it so it is a fun experience they just make it easy. They should have buffed problem specs instead.

    At least I hope Twisting Corridors are properly harder.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Each wing has a set of powers you always get at the start. Which is why you always tend to get the same. bad decision by them to make it like this especially since some wings have abyssmal choices for me, so this is a good change indeed.
    This IS the change. Upper Reaches didn't have this garbage as first choice when it was last up. And I checked Fracture Chambers and it also has a worse selection than it did yesterday when I was doing layer 7. By "stronger selection" Blizzard just meant "lel let's make it one epic and one rare and call it a day" without sparing any thought to whether the epic powers for a given class are actually good (they really aren't for Warlocks) or if the rare alternative even works for a given spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Did you even try layer 8? That one spellcaster boss at floor 2 is insane. Although I didn't get any good anima powers.
    Oh no, the scaling seriously got fucked up at layer 8 and after the last changes they did... I just think that they kind of went overboard with so many changes instantly... nerfing the scaling of mobs and the effects they have and abilities sure. Then couple that with all the anima changes it sounds a bit too much, but who knows... maybe I'm wrong. Then again Blizzard is sort of fameous for going overboard with both nerfs AND buffs... at least they are consistent.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    This IS the change. Upper Reaches didn't have this garbage as first choice when it was last up. And I checked Fracture Chambers and it also has a worse selection than it did yesterday when I was doing layer 7. By "stronger selection" Blizzard just meant "lel let's make it one epic and one rare and call it a day" without sparing any thought to whether the epic powers for a given class are actually good (they really aren't for Warlocks) or if the rare alternative even works for a given spec.
    I've so far run into more shitty epic anima powers than uncommon and rare ones. Sure that's also RNG what with generally just seeing fewer epics but it's funny to me that you can have dogshit epics to begin with.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Each wing has a set of powers you always get at the start. Which is why you always tend to get the same. bad decision by them to make it like this especially since some wings have abyssmal choices for me, so this is a good change indeed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There is an middleground between facerolll and challenging.
    You're new to Roguelikes arent you?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  20. #40
    Agreed with @Jastall , bit too full ham on the nerfs, especially if the increase in available anima powers is in any way meaningful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •