Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    I'll play only if I get to be a Vastaya

  2. #182
    Now we just have to hope this team doesn't work outta the main offices and doesn't have to deal with the C-suite sexually harassing them and farting in their faces and shit.

    I'm here for it though, if for no other reason than I can get mad at Ghostcrawler for being "totally responsible" for ruining whatever class I'm playing. Still salty over what a lot of the paladin changes under his watch in WoW.

    But real though, I'm super here for this. Really curious to see what they cook up, even knowing that anything is years and years away from being ready to show publicly.

  3. #183
    This look so early in development that it will take at least 2 years just to show some footage of it. Welp lets hope it doesn't end like project Titan.

  4. #184
    I think the big issue I've always had leaving WoW to try another MMO was that every other game, no matter how many interesting spins on the ideas they had, just didn't have that polished, snappy, very sophisticated feel that WoW did. Riot is a company that does that.

    They also acquired a shit ton of Blizzard employees over the last 5 years. They've also been extremely fair with their business models. LoL, their first game has the worst business model, but you look at Valorant (Overwatch model) and Legends of Runeterra (best digital TCG in terms of $ spent).

    I have to admit that I'm not too keen on the LoL lore. I find bits and pieces interesting, but so much of it seems... odd. If the game is fun though I'll likely play it a lot.

  5. #185
    League lore is a joke. Making an MMO out of it.... eeeeehhhhhhhhhh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Philojia View Post
    They working an MMO that they plan to publish in 7 8 years. But i guess they don't see how the new generation don't want to play MMO anymore, but well good luck to them but I definitely think that this is not a good idea
    Not true, you just need casual friendly mechanics, buy/free to play instead of subs and really good graphics/customisation/armors

    Like if BDO had actual gameplay and wasn't pay to win it would've been a huge hit.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    Like if BDO had actual gameplay and wasn't pay to win it would've been a huge hit.
    It is a huge hit, even with some of the MTX issues.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It is a huge hit, even with some of the MTX issues.
    60,000 all time peak players on Steam doesn't seem like a hit to me

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    League lore is a joke. Making an MMO out of it.... eeeeehhhhhhhhhh

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not true, you just need casual friendly mechanics, buy/free to play instead of subs and really good graphics/customisation/armors

    Like if BDO had actual gameplay and wasn't pay to win it would've been a huge hit.
    I don't necessarily think that their lack of lore is a bad thing. Yes, the lore from LoL has been retconned so many times, it's not even worth keeping track of. But, They are capable of creating compelling characters, and even compelling story lines. If nothing else, it can be seen as a clean slate.

  9. #189
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    60,000 all time peak players on Steam doesn't seem like a hit to me
    Steam players are a minority, so try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Steam players are a minority, so try again.
    By all means show me their official numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't necessarily think that their lack of lore is a bad thing. Yes, the lore from LoL has been retconned so many times, it's not even worth keeping track of. But, They are capable of creating compelling characters, and even compelling story lines. If nothing else, it can be seen as a clean slate.
    Are they? Like does anyone who plays League actually care about the Lore? It's horribly generic and has been retconned more than WoW's.

  11. #191
    @Kelduril

    If you scroll up to the youtube video...thats a channel with half a million subs entirely dedicated to LoL lore

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    60,000 all time peak players on Steam doesn't seem like a hit to me
    Because it launched without Steam and was out, 2014 launch vs. 2017 Steam launch. It's part of the gaming division of Kakao (much larger company), but it's been doing very well for them even before the mobile version launched. And they've got a sequel in the works (Crimson Desert), and purchased CCP (EVE Online devs) a few years back.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    @Kelduril

    If you scroll up to the youtube video...thats a channel with half a million subs entirely dedicated to LoL lore
    And 70K views despite having 500K subs.

    Like. Yeah.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because it launched without Steam and was out, 2014 launch vs. 2017 Steam launch. It's part of the gaming division of Kakao (much larger company), but it's been doing very well for them even before the mobile version launched. And they've got a sequel in the works (Crimson Desert), and purchased CCP (EVE Online devs) a few years back.
    No, I know they made big money because apparently there's some nutjobs who spent 7000$ on the game.

    But I doubt they have that many players in the EU/NA region. I am part of the roleplaying community for the game and it's pretty much always been dead. For a game that has such good roleplaying tools ( Housing, animations, character customisation are stellar ) to have such a dead community is very suspicious.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    And 70K views despite having 500K subs.

    Like. Yeah.
    That's fairly normal for a lot of channels, especially older channels with a lot of inactive subs.

    Don't get me wrong, I've never understood nor cared for LoL's lore. It seemed confusing, lackluster, and by the time they started actually working on it so filled with conflicts and retcons I gave up.

    But some folks like it so /shrugs

    I've got a particularly low opinion of the lore/narrative/writing in WoW, but plenty of folks still adore all that shit. Different stroke for different folk.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    By all means show me their official numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Are they? Like does anyone who plays League actually care about the Lore? It's horribly generic and has been retconned more than WoW's.
    Nope, don't really care about them at all. It is generic, but some of it is actually fun. The individual stories are somewhat entertaining, but that doesn't make a world... not by a long shot. Making a world is far more complex, and it's something WoW did amazingly well in the beginning. I have no idea if Riot can pull it off, or not... but I wouldn't count them out.

    It really depends on if they can add nuance to the multiple factions that already exist, and whether they can push the "normal" side of them all.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    No, I know they made big money because apparently there's some nutjobs who spent 7000$ on the game.
    So...it's a hit then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    But I doubt they have that many players in the EU/NA region. I am part of the roleplaying community for the game and it's pretty much always been dead. For a game that has such good roleplaying tools ( Housing, animations, character customisation are stellar ) to have such a dead community is very suspicious.
    TBH I had literally no idea there was a roleplay community in BDO at all >.>

    From what I can tell the roleplay community may be dead, but there's still plenty of folks doing the endgame grinds and PvP and shit.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...it's a hit then?



    TBH I had literally no idea there was a roleplay community in BDO at all >.>

    From what I can tell the roleplay community may be dead, but there's still plenty of folks doing the endgame grinds and PvP and shit.
    I wouldn't define a game as a hit because of a few whalers. We have no idea how much profit it made.

    But why do we care about how much money they made. The better question is, do you have people to play with? And the answer is... not really?

    Steam released 3 years ago and its peak time is pretty sad. Also you can argue that they're a minority but when Steam released the game went down to 10$ or something? Pretty sure I spent more on it at launch.

    TBH I had literally no idea there was a roleplay community in BDO at all >.>
    It had a few hundred. Which compared to WoW is microscopic.

  18. #198
    I am interested.

    Wonder what it will be.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    I wouldn't define a game as a hit because of a few whalers. We have no idea how much profit it made.

    But why do we care about how much money they made. The better question is, do you have people to play with? And the answer is... not really?

    Steam released 3 years ago and its peak time is pretty sad. Also you can argue that they're a minority but when Steam released the game went down to 10$ or something? Pretty sure I spent more on it at launch.
    You are doing it wrong.

    You are comparing every MMO out there to WoW and deeming them a failure if they dont come close to WoW's scope.

    Is like saying Cristiano Ronaldo is not rich because Bill Gates exists.
    Or saying someone is not smart because Albert Einstein is way smarter.

  20. #200
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    League lore is a joke. Making an MMO out of it.... eeeeehhhhhhhhhh
    The joke lore was thrown out years ago they have been building it into a rather well done world for a while now with multiple well done nations with there own positive and negative views.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •